GB HOMEPAGE

Skyrim Again-Quest Problems

Posted By: Tracy

Skyrim Again-Quest Problems - 07/31/12 12:45 AM

Hi everyone. Well after exhausting my Morrowind quests again I decided to play Skyrim again, and I've been doing the Stormcloak side of things instead of the Imperial one. Well, it's been great until today when I tried to do the Solitude quests in order to buy Proudspire Manor. For some reason, the quests won't appear or "load" and I looked on the Wikis for info and console codes, but even after putting them in, the quests still won't load. frown I did find out that if you are a Stormcloak or if you did the Bard's College quests before the Blue Palace ones that they sometimes won't work right, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do at this point.

I did try loading an earlier save before the Bard's College, but still had the same trouble, so I think it might be the Stormcloak issue, darn it. Guess I'll either start a brand-new game as an Imperial or give up on Proudspire for now. But, just in case, I thought I'd post here and see if you guys had the same problems and what solutions you may have found. smile

PS On a positive note, I am crazy about my "Friend" Ralof from the Stormcloaks, and with a little finageling in the console, I've been able to marry him. LOL (as if I didn't have enough husbands the first time around!)

Thanks in advance!
Tracy
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Skyrim Again-Quest Problems - 07/31/12 03:23 AM

Hi Tracy, I am sure someone that has played will be along shortly.

Ana wave

Re: Skyrim Again-Quest Problems - 07/31/12 03:39 PM

Hi Ana, thanks! smile

Tracy
Posted By: Jacline

Re: Skyrim Again-Quest Problems - 07/31/12 04:55 PM

I always do Bards College before the Blue Palace until after the Burning of the effigy. Then If you present yourself at the Palace, you wait before the Jarl until a guy from a village complains about trouble in a cave.(Wolfskull Cave, I think). Then speak to Falk Firebeard to get the quest to clear that cave (The man who cried wolf) And you are on your way, after you do that quest to be able to talk to the Jarl and buy a house. Done it like this a few times and it always work for me!
Posted By: oldman

Re: Skyrim Again-Quest Problems - 07/31/12 07:22 PM

If you've completed the Stormcloak quests then Solitude has been ovethrown.

It may be a little difficult to get the quests needed for the house but I think it is possible. It takes a couple of days for Solitude to recover from the battle but then all the quests should be available.

I don't remember if the Jarl gets replaced or not but I think the first quest is to do a favor for the Jarl. So, if that Jarl is no longer in charge then you should probably do the house quests before completing the Stormcloaks.

I've never done it that way in all my many playthroughs. (I have close to 700 hours logged in)

(John is not too patiently waiting for the DLC to be available for PC.)

Re: Skyrim Again-Quest Problems - 08/01/12 03:19 AM

Hi guys. Thanks so much for your help! I"m going to go back to an earlier save and try to do things that way first, then maybe try waiting several days after we burned down Solitude and see if things happen that way.

Cross your fingers!

PS John, I'm with you. I wonder if they are ever going to announce a date for Dawnguard for the PC!

Tracy
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Skyrim Again-Quest Problems - 08/01/12 04:21 AM

Good Luck Tracy!

Ana wave
Posted By: Kayc

Re: Skyrim Again-Quest Problems - 08/01/12 10:52 AM

Hi Tracy and all playing Skyrim,
Is there any more tips about which quests to do before others. I really don't know what I'm doing, but enjoying it very much. Would appreciate any tips you all can give.
I'm new to Skyrim and have only done most of the Companions and a few of the Thieves Guild quests. I did buy my first house. lol Did my first magic spell yesterday! Had to, in order to get in Winterhold college. I'm playing a Nord.
The scenery is beautiful!
Thanks
Kay
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Skyrim Again-Quest Problems - 08/01/12 04:25 PM

Thanks Ana wave

Kayc, Skyrim is such a big world. There is a great guide Here. Have fun!

My computer blew up taking my saves with it, but one thing I learned was to repair or improve my equipment Before I sold it. luck and have fun!

Re: Skyrim Again-Quest Problems - 08/02/12 11:19 AM

waveThanks looney! There's a lot of great information there. I have it bookmarked now. I had others bookmarked but didn't have that one.
You know I never thought of repairing the equipment, but I will now. Are you going to start a new game?
thanks
Kay
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Skyrim Again-Quest Problems - 08/02/12 07:28 PM

Kay I will eventually. I liked it while I was playing. Repairing or upgrading equipment before selling helps you to level up your crafting.

My toon was a kitty cat and nobody liked the poor woman but me. lol

You can also try combining different herbal ingredients to see what you can create. Doing so will use up the item though. And you can eat an item to find out it's first property. I had a nice book going with what herbs did what but now I'm not sure where it is. wave

Posted By: Annie

Re: Skyrim Again-Quest Problems - 08/02/12 11:09 PM

Hi all! Nice to be back again and see you all still here. Tracy -- nice to see you are pursuing your hobby of husband collecting. Just keep your hands off Balimund.

And have you seen -- dlc for pc is now available!

Re: Skyrim Again-Quest Problems - 08/02/12 11:39 PM

Hi everyone. So glad you're having fun with Skyrim, Kayc! smile It really is a beautiful game and there is so much to see it takes forever!

As far as which quests to do before others, the only thing I've noticed is that I've had a hard time doing the Solitude quests (so that I can buy a house there eventually) as a Stormcloak. Not sure why but I've played around with different ways of doing it and I finally went back to a very old save from last year and am an Imperial again---and able to do all the quests to buy the house. Odd, but I guess sometimes there are bugs in the game. smile

Hope you're having a great time,
Tracy

Re: Skyrim Again-Quest Problems - 08/03/12 11:03 AM

Hi Tracy, thanks I'm having a great time in Skyrim! I bought the house in Solitude yesterday. Will decorate when I get the funds. lol
I don't think I'm Imperial or Stormclock yet! I may be, just don't know it yet.
All I know for sure is I'm a member of the
Companions and Thieve's guild. Thought I would go ahead and buy the house in Solitude while I had the chance. Yep, I don't know what I'm doing, lol but Skyrim lets me go on playing! Learning new things every day!
Thanks again!
Kay
© 2024 GameBoomers Community