GB HOMEPAGE

Torchlight 2

Posted By: maggie57

Torchlight 2 - 08/26/12 05:57 AM

Does anyone know when Torchlight 2 coming out? I have already bought it. It is just a download, which I do not like, but it a point and click which I do like, they told me August, but I do not think so. I have seen some of the trailers and they look so much better than the last game. Thanks

Maggie think broccoli
Posted By: Karsten

Re: Torchlight 2 - 08/26/12 01:44 PM

Hi Maggie

From RPGwatch

http://www.rpgwatch.com/#20284

comes word that they'll announce a release date next week, the studio behind Torchlight II, not RPGwatch of course wink

Here's the official announcement

Quote:
Happy Friday! We'll get right to it - we have some news for you:

We will announce our release date on Friday, August 31st.
August 31 kicks off of our favorite con, PAX Prime, and we'll be there to show Torchlight II and tell everyone the official Torchlight II launch date!

And the link:

http://www.torchlight2game.com/news/2012/08/24/one-week-until-pax/

You can also check out where to get in touch with them if you're going to PAX this year.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Torchlight 2 - 08/26/12 03:00 PM

Thanks Karsten wave

Maggie, I hope it comes out soon for you puppy

Re: Torchlight 2 - 08/26/12 09:15 PM

Thanks so much, I am really looking forward to this. I have not bought a game in more than two years or more could not buy Witcher 2. Whicher really made me unhappy, but I still have the first one. I do thank you both for the information. It has been quite awhile since I have been on here, but I am back now and will pester you all again.

Thanks

Maggie urock

Re: Torchlight 2 - 08/26/12 11:01 PM

@ Maggie - why couldn't you buy Witcher 2?

Re: Torchlight 2 - 08/27/12 05:53 AM

Karsten

I have always played with a mouse, I just only play point and click and was and still am miserable that it was not 100% point and click. I have one bad wrist which I have had for years, I am now getting shots in it, but they do not last long, The Witcher is my all time favorite game, I still have it on and play it. Have you played Witcher 2 ?

Maggie smile

P.S. I have looked at all of the trailers, even the ones in Russian, I do not understand a word, but different shots which are great, so thanks again, will be happy when I get it.

Re: Torchlight 2 - 08/27/12 07:45 PM

So sad to hear about your bad wrist frown

As for me playing Witcher 2:
No,sadly, I haven't played Witcer 2, my 9 year old computer with 512 MB 3650 Radeon graphics card isn't quite up to the task I fear. I also still have tons of other game to complete....

As for Witcher 2 have you considered a gamepad? I've heard of - and even seen people - with conditions like yours - be able to play Witcher 2 with a gamepad. I'm not degrading your bad wrist...I'm making a suggestion here that might help you...

Re: Torchlight 2 - 08/27/12 07:59 PM

Hello again

I have heard about a game pad but do not know how a game pad works at all, in fact I am so far behind that I could not even tell you what it looks like. I am getting better at my computer though, but not that. Our son had someone like a steering wheel, at least to me it looked like one (??) and I could not work it at all. Yes I have had the problem with the wrist since I broke it some years ago, the Doctor told me I would have some, but I did not think it would be this bad.
I have had my tech update my computer quite a bit. He has but the newest bios on it, which are not really new, they do not put them out very often. Also I have 1 Terabyte of Hard Drive, he laughs at me and says I will never use that.
If you can tell me how the game pad works or works or shoot me a link to one I will look, I am so use to using my mouse gusess I am a chicken.

Thanks so much

Maggie think smile

Re: Torchlight 2 - 08/27/12 08:13 PM

Maggie, several members use This Gamepad.

Controllers that look like the ones for consoles are also called Gamepads and can be used on PC, so if you decide to go with one, be sure you see a picture before you order. luck

Re: Torchlight 2 - 08/29/12 12:28 AM

Hi Looney4Labs

I just saw the picture and well I need some information from you. Since I use my mouse for everything, can I just use this for walking in "The Witcher " or do I use the whole pad? How different is it? Except for the walking keys, is it about the same?

Thanks

Maggie think smile
Posted By: oldman

Re: Torchlight 2 - 08/29/12 01:59 AM

Originally Posted By: maggie57

Hi Looney4Labs

I just saw the picture and well I need some information from you. Since I use my mouse for everything, can I just use this for walking in "The Witcher " or do I use the whole pad? How different is it? Except for the walking keys, is it about the same?

Thanks

Maggie think smile

Maggie I use this gaming keyboard to play all my RPG's. It works great with Witcher 2 and I believe you can do almost everything with the mouse and just use one finger to move on the keyboard.

In Witcher 2, your mouse is your action key for combat talking to people and opening doors etc. So you can do everything you need to do on the keyboard with one finger.

PS it's also available at Walmart and you can order online from Walmart and pick it up at a store near you.

Re: Torchlight 2 - 08/29/12 02:00 AM

Thanks Oldman wave

Re: Torchlight 2 - 08/29/12 11:15 PM

John,

Thanks so much, anything new sort of scares me, my sister got me started on the mouse and she is the same way. I will pick one up, it has taken years and just think, now I can the new Witcher 2.

Thanks

Maggie urock

Re: Torchlight 2 - 08/30/12 07:10 AM

Originally Posted By: maggie57
John,

Thanks so much, anything new sort of scares me, my sister got me started on the mouse and she is the same way. I will pick one up, it has taken years and just think, now I can the new Witcher 2.

Thanks

Maggie urock

You're more than welcome. Hope you get good use out of it I know I really like mine. Witcher 2 as well. Happy Gaming. happydance
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Torchlight 2 - 08/30/12 03:22 PM

Maggie, I have that Cyber Snypa and you can use it right along with your existing keyboard. I have my mouse to the right of my keyboard and the Cyber Snypa to the left of the keyboard. The Cyber Snypa is essentially another keyboard, just much more convenient with nice big comfortable keys. Plus, since it's separate from your keyboard, you can adjust the angle to be the most comfortable for you. Like oldman says, you use the mouse for action and the "W" key for moving around or opening you inventory or whatever. I couldn't game without my Cyber Snypa!

Re: Torchlight 2 - 09/01/12 06:13 AM

Drac

have written both of them down and going to look tomorrow as it is sopping day smile

Re: Torchlight 2 - 09/01/12 10:23 PM

Maggie

I have great news for you - and other Torchlight fans.

Via RPGWatch
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17937

comes news that the release date for Torchlight II is

Sept. 20th 2012

And from the horse's mouth as well and by horse, I mean travisbaldtree - ehm...

Quote:

I don't think there's much else I could say that would interest you right now, so -

The official Release Date for Torchlight II is Thursday, September 20th, 2012.

3 weeks away!

We'll announce it 'more' officially and bigger tomorrow.

edit:
forgot the link

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=32505

edit 2:
A trailer for your viewing pleasure:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rp4BVLF3F0Q
Posted By: Sig Segorn

Re: Torchlight 2 - 09/22/12 11:59 PM

Just started playing this and it seems good, but I couldn't figger out how to quit to desktop, so I alt-tabbed out of it and closed it with Task Manager, but there's gotta be a better way than that, right?

Re: Torchlight 2 - 09/23/12 12:02 AM

Sig, I'm sure there is a better way, but I don't have this and Google was not helpful. Did you try Escape?

Re: Torchlight 2 - 09/23/12 12:26 AM

Yes...the Escape key brings up the Quit menu, but the 3 buttons on it are Load, Resume, and New Game---no Quit button. And the only thing I could do from there was alt-tab it to the desktop's taskbar---hitting Escape or clicking on that screen had no effect. And there's no manual for the game, either. Also, I played up to the first zone-thru, but even that didn't give me a Quit button on the Quit menu screen.

Re: Torchlight 2 - 09/23/12 12:57 AM

Ahhhh don't you miss the manuals that used to come with games?

Re: Torchlight 2 - 09/23/12 01:16 AM

I thought they still did--at least a PDF--but not with this sucker. They figgered the game was simple enough, except for you knowing how to quit. I detect a note of sarcasm.
Posted By: Ewil02

Re: Torchlight 2 - 09/23/12 02:03 AM

Sig-

When you're at the "Load, Resume, New Game" screen, there's an 'X' in the upper right corner to quit to desktop. Otherwise, if in game, you can hit 'esc' to get a save game menu.

Re: Torchlight 2 - 09/23/12 03:09 AM

Thanks Ewil wave

Sig, I think it's easy for the makers to omit information that "everyone knows," except all too often, everyone doesn't know. puppy

Re: Torchlight 2 - 09/23/12 04:50 AM

Thanks, Ewil. Are you ready for this, L4L? The reason I didn't see it before is that that button and a few others at the top of that screen are blacked out and only highlight if you happen to mouse over them. That's some pretty good game design there. And yeah, that's another note of sarcasm.

The game has locked up on me twice so far. Weird because it runs real smooth until it does that. It auto-patches when it launches, so maybe they'll fix that in the days ahead. Be a shame if they don't, cuz putting up with that for long is out of the question.
Posted By: mcc

Re: Torchlight 2 - 09/23/12 03:47 PM

maggie,

I agree 100% with the fellow boomers that recommend a keypad, I have the Cyber Snipa, I bought it for a different reason, however I can notice it doesn't require wrist movement like a normal keyboard.

I would also recommend a mouse with side buttons, that is 5 buttons in total that can be programmed for most games and should allow yo to play games that require more actions. These take some taxes away from the keyboard. Waking still would take the WSAD.

looney4labs,

I certainly do miss them. However The Witcher 2 comes with a very good almost 100 page manual smile

Re: Torchlight 2 - 09/23/12 04:01 PM

Thanks Mcc wave

Sig, I'm glad you found it. I keep telling myself that the designers do no hide buttons on purpose, and yes, I still believe in Santa Claus. rotfl

Re: Torchlight 2 - 09/24/12 02:50 AM

The game applied a new patch at launch and didn't freeze up on me during a replay of the first area, so hopefully that won't happen again. Also, I enabled its console to play in god mode, so I should be able to make it through this. The game's quite good, but you get mobbed, of course, and the few boss monsters in the first area give you trepidation of what's to come, and it always takes me a while to get familiar with the mechanics of a new game, and it is, after all, a chick and her ferret against all the evil hordes and hellspawn they can muster.

Re: Torchlight 2 - 09/24/12 05:18 AM

"A chick and her ferrets"....love it. That sounds like someone I know. rotfl

Re: Torchlight 2 - 09/29/12 04:18 AM

I've been playing the game for a while and still haven't figured out a small percentage of "how to's" but for the most part finally by hit and miss figured out the most important actions.

I submitted a question to Runic asking about a game manual and got this response:

Quote:
I do apologize for the delay in responding back to you.
Unfortunately we have no plans for a game manual for Torchlight II.
You may want to check out our forums to see if there maybe some information there that maybe all to assist you.
We do apologize for any inconvenience.
All the best,

There are a whole bunch of sarcastic remarks that come to mind but I'll just let this email speak for itself.

What--not even a readme file?

Re: Torchlight 2 - 10/25/12 01:06 PM

Are we loving this game or what?

Isn't there even a how to folder or a quick start guide? In ME2 and ME3, there is little folder explaining 1) how to play the game and 2) what pressing each button means in terms of gameplay etc.

Isn't there a tutorial in game to show you how to play this game? In ME3's demo, I could just jump right in and the game would tell or show me how to play the game.
Posted By: RayB

Re: Torchlight 2 - 10/25/12 04:58 PM

I haven't played Torchlight 2 but I've heard it is similar gamewise to the original. If it helps the original 57 page manual can be found HERE.

Re: Torchlight 2 - 10/25/12 05:43 PM

Thanks RayB wave

Sig, sometimes there is a manual or a tutorial on the disk. puppy

Re: Torchlight 2 - 10/26/12 01:33 AM

Uh...L4L, you combined my post with someone else's. Did they have the same avatar as me or what? The only comment I actually posted was the first line of that, and all I meant was that I'm loving it and wondered if others were too. Of course, I enabled the console so I could play it in god mode, but still... I think Runic doesn't feel a manual is necessary, since there's the "?" button that displays interface help, and tutorial tips that pop up now and then, and the gameplay tips that can be read whenever there's a load screen.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community