GB HOMEPAGE

Sequel to Sierra's "Quest for Glory" games (RPG/adventure)

Posted By: JohnMadsen

Sequel to Sierra's "Quest for Glory" games (RPG/adventure) - 11/07/12 05:13 PM

Hey guys.

The creators behind the Sierra's Quest for Glory games from the 90's are working on a new story-based RPG/adventure game: "Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption". Right now there's a fundraiser taking place on Kickstarter in case you're interested:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1878147873/hero-u-rogue-to-redemption

I hope this will be of interest to those of you that really like a game with a good storyline :-)
Posted By: Marian

Re: Sequel to Sierra's "Quest for Glory" games (RPG/adventure) - 11/07/12 05:35 PM

Hello, JohnMadsen, and welcome to GameBoomers! thumbsup

This is very exciting news, as I am a huge Quest for Glory fan. I have also had the pleasure years ago of meeting Lori Cole when Sierra was having an open house in Oakhurst. I really hope this Kickstarter project will be met with great success, as this game would be at the top of my must-play list! woot wave
Posted By: JohnMadsen

Re: Sequel to Sierra's "Quest for Glory" games (RPG/adventure) - 11/07/12 05:39 PM

Hi Marian.

Thanks for the welcome :-) Yes, indeed this is exciting news!
Posted By: MaG

Re: Sequel to Sierra's "Quest for Glory" games (RPG/adventure) - 11/07/12 06:01 PM

luck John.

Re: Sequel to Sierra's "Quest for Glory" games (RPG/adventure) - 11/07/12 06:08 PM

I would also like to say that for anyone who hasn't played the Quest for Glory games, they are available from GOG here. These are some of the best games ever! thumbsup wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Sequel to Sierra's "Quest for Glory" games (RPG/adventure) - 11/07/12 07:25 PM

Wonderful !! Made a modest pledge grin
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Sequel to Sierra's "Quest for Glory" games (RPG/adventure) - 11/07/12 10:06 PM

Hi ya John, and welcome and luck to the developers. wave
Posted By: Josho

Hero-U: My Plea - 11/10/12 10:09 PM

Hi, all,

It's been a long, long time since I've posted, but nothing brings me out of the woodwork like gaming community friends in need.

Nobody could've been more excited than I was to see that my old friends Corey and Lori Cole were Kickstarting their own game, "Hero-U" I pledged immediately, and, as with all Kickstarters, they got off to a terrific start. But things have slowed down (as they're always apt to do mid-drive in a Kickstarter) and I want to see their drive succeed in style.

So I'm appealing to any and all old friends of mine in the industry to support Corey and Lori. Their games are always literate, beautifully told, thoughtfully designed, and uniquely constructed.

If quality gaming means anything to you, and you want to see some of the best designers doing their best work, please give here 'til it aches!

Thank you,
Josh Mandel
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Hero-U: My Plea - 11/11/12 01:44 AM

luck on your venture!

Ana wave
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Hero-U: My Plea - 11/19/12 12:48 AM

44 hours to go! I hope it makes it.

Ana wave

Re: Hero-U: My Plea - 11/20/12 05:44 PM

The funding goal has been met and exceeded, with a few hours left to go!! bravo yay
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Hero-U: My Plea - 11/20/12 06:57 PM

Wooo Hoooo happydance
Posted By: Mad

Re: Hero-U: My Plea - 11/21/12 10:11 AM

Fantastic !!!! broccoli
© 2024 GameBoomers Community