GB HOMEPAGE

Risen 2

Posted By: Rowan

Risen 2 - 11/30/12 03:42 AM

I'm trying out this game but don't have a manual. As far as I understand you equip a sword in your right hand and a gun goes in your left. For the life of me I don't know how to swap weapons. think So far I've been using the sword because it's in my right hand. But I prefer ranged weapons and would like to shoot holes into some of my opponents. I can't change them in inventory and it makes no difference which mouse button I click. Can anyone give me some weapon swapping tips?
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Risen 2 - 11/30/12 04:03 AM

THere are some Tips here. I hope they help till someone who has played comes along.

You can also download The manual here.

Ana wave
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Risen 2 - 11/30/12 06:18 AM

Thanks Ana wave

luck Rowan wave

Re: Risen 2 - 11/30/12 06:55 PM

Thanks, Ana. I will check those out later, right after I put up the Christmas tree. santadance

Re: Risen 2 - 11/30/12 08:59 PM

Oh Rowan, can you come put mine up too?

Re: Risen 2 - 11/30/12 10:54 PM

Tree's up but will decorate on the weekend. Sure I'll do your tree - so long as i don't have to string the lights. yes

I've played a bit more but I still don't know how to change weapons. hardwall The link to the tips states that I should be able to switch weapons on the fly but they don't say HOW. The options on the load screen also don't say how. It doesn't matter whether I right or left click, it won't work from the quick slots either. I can't switch them in inventory either. I am really stuck. I love fighting from a distance - just hate to get my clothes dirty.

Re: Risen 2 - 11/30/12 11:36 PM

Rowan, I'm a ranged baby too. I'll bet it's something really simple that they think everyone knows, but that clearly, everyone doesn't.

I don't have this game, but maybe one of the other Darksider will. wave
Posted By: Pokey

Re: Risen 2 - 12/01/12 01:34 AM

Rowan, I haven't played the game but I read that you switch between ranged and melee weapons by using hot keys. Try using 1 and 2.

Re: Risen 2 - 12/01/12 01:47 AM

Pokey, I've tried that and it doesn't work in Risen 2. It works in Risen 1. Right now my pistol is completely useless.
Posted By: Pokey

Re: Risen 2 - 12/01/12 02:01 AM

It wasn't in the manual? I hope we find out soon. I'm planning on playing it.
Posted By: Jacline

Re: Risen 2 - 12/01/12 04:38 PM

Gamepressure has a good walkthrough and lots of informations about firearms and everything else on that game. I used it a lot when I started the game. I thought the use of firearms was very complicated and played with the sword.

Re: Risen 2 - 12/01/12 04:50 PM

Thanks Jacline wave12

Re: Risen 2 - 12/01/12 04:53 PM

Rowan, do you have bullets in your gun? It won't fire without them.

I found a post that said the button for using the left hand action was E. luck And let us know puppy
Posted By: Jacline

Re: Risen 2 - 12/01/12 05:11 PM

I took out my old saves and yes, you use E to fire a pistol. You must choose it in your inventory as the weapon to use in your left hand as opposed to sand or coconuts to throw. With a sword in my R hand, I shot my pistol using E Now you cannot aim with a pistol, it is the game who aims for you. I remember using it only when in deep trouble. I just found a muskett in my inventory: placed it in my R hand instead of the sword and... voila!!! It works like my sword using middle button on my mouse!!! I was quite surprised as I have not played this game in months, as I lost interest in the middle of it!!!
Correction: Had A shotgun, put it in R hand, arm it with middle mouse, aim with R mouse, shoot with left mouse.

Re: Risen 2 - 12/01/12 05:15 PM

Thanks Jacline. It is good to have confirmation from someone who has played. wave12

Re: Risen 2 - 12/01/12 06:56 PM

Thanks everyone. catrub I will try the E key for my pistol. I haven't come across a better gun yet that I can use in my right hand. I'm saving my glory points for firearm advancement but don't want to invest there if I can't use it. I'll let you know later how it works. Chores first, play later.

Re: Risen 2 - 12/01/12 07:44 PM

Rowan, did you see my question about the bullets? It won't work without them. luck

Re: Risen 2 - 12/01/12 08:27 PM

Yes, looney, I have bullets. Thanks for the reminder. I tried the E key and it works. A big thanks about that. thanks However, the pistol in my left isn't all that great but I will try a better gun when I finally find one. If I can put it in my right hand I will be very happy.

Re: Risen 2 - 12/02/12 04:26 PM

WoooHoooo Rowan, I'm glad it works for you wave12
© 2024 GameBoomers Community