GB HOMEPAGE

Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date?

Posted By: Tracy

Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 01/16/13 04:00 AM

Hi everyone. I'm dying to play the new DLC for Skyrim and I know that it's out for XBOX, but can't seem to find a release date for the PC version. Just wondering if anyone else has heard of a date or if we're all still in the dark?

Thanks so much,
Tracy smile
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 01/16/13 04:01 PM

The only official reports from Bethesda at this time is first quarter 2013.

Ana wave
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 01/16/13 08:23 PM

Thanks Ana puppy

Hi ya Tracy wave
Posted By: hagatha

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 01/17/13 06:37 AM

Oh gosh, I'd better get back to my game, abandoned months ago! There's so much new stuff to download.
Posted By: AnneG

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 01/17/13 06:39 PM

There is a dlcbeta in the Skyrim Steam beta updates. Password protected, of course, but I bet it's getting beta tested right now and will be released before too long. Unless something is really wrong with it that they have to fix. *scared*

I got too impatient and bought it for Xbox so I've been playing it for a few weeks now. It's pretty wonderful. I think everyone is going to love it. smile
Posted By: anne2

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 01/17/13 07:01 PM

Thanks AnneG, waiting patiently for it, glad u are enjoying it.

wave

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 01/18/13 06:14 PM

Here we go. They finally released an official date today. I guess all the grumbling on the Bethesda forums finally paid off. lol

February 5th for PC! Looks like PS3 will get it sometime in February and they are also going to release Dawnguard and Hearthfire for it as well, and they'll be 50% off in their first week of release. That's good news for the PS3 folks. They've been waiting a long time for any DLC's.

http://www.bethblog.com/2013/01/18/the-dragonborn-comes-in-february-and-hearthfire-dawnguard-too/

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 01/18/13 09:47 PM

That is good news happydance Thanks wave

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 01/18/13 10:45 PM

You're welcome! I love spreading good news.

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 01/19/13 12:37 AM

Yay! Thanks AnneG---you've made my day!

Tracy
Posted By: Annie

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 01/26/13 10:58 PM

Oh, I can hardly wait! Thanks AnneG.

I was playing through the battle for Whiterun the other night, and something awful happened! My daughter Lucia somehow got outside the city gates, and Legate Rikke thought she was the enemy and tried to kill her!

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 01/27/13 02:36 AM

Eeek, Annie, that is not good!

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 01/27/13 05:02 AM

Hi Looney! I forgot to check back here and read all of the responses! Nice to be back and I'm very excited about Dragonborn---unfortunately, I'll be out of town from Jan 30th til Feb 9th, so I'll have to wait til I get back from my trip to play it. But, I did pre-order it yesterday so it'll be waiting for me. Yay!

Tracy smile

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 01/27/13 05:05 PM

Ok DragonSlayers, Joystiq says this releases for Pc on Feb 5th! happydance

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 01/27/13 08:22 PM

Wow, Tracy, I didn't know it could be pre-ordered. I'll go do that right away.

I wonder if the game will eventually solve the problem of the Thalmor. I don't like those guys!

Looney: it certainly wasn't good! But since children can't be killed, she was okay. In fact she was back home safe and sound the next time I went there.

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 01/28/13 01:07 AM

Hi Annie---yes, I just saw that the other day about pre-ordering--got for it. smile

Oh and also, I'm with you on the Thalmor thing---I hate those guys and have been wishing that there was a mod or something that would let us maybe get captured, then break out of their embassy and kill them! LOL I'm going to cross my fingers about Dragonborn having something like that---you never know!

Tracy

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 01/28/13 02:19 AM

Yeah, it would be nice to have something that would bring the Stormcloak and Imperials together to crush the Thalmor.

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 01/28/13 09:16 AM

AnneG--that's a great idea! smile
Posted By: oldman

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 02/01/13 12:26 AM

Hmm, well I read a pretty good review and the DLC looks good. I just checked my Steam account and the dlc is available to preorder now but won't be unlocked until 5 Feb. However, that is now only 5 days away so it looks like I'll get to immerse myself into this great game once again. happydance yay

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 02/01/13 12:53 AM

Sounds like you are ready to go!

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 02/02/13 01:10 AM

I'm very excited. Getting my current character on the pc all ready to go. I have a bunch of soul gems and potions tucked away, enchanted both sets of armor that I wear on a regular basis, charged up my favorite weapons. Just going to finish up the Companion quests while I wait.

Here's a pic of my current nord lady, with her buddy, Vilja, who will be traveling to Solstheim with her.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/cira1/isoandvilja_zpsd68a0937.jpg

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 02/02/13 02:43 AM

Very nice!

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 02/06/13 01:46 AM

Anyone else playing yet? I'm having a wonderful time!

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 02/06/13 03:09 AM

I'm so glad wave

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 02/06/13 04:32 AM

I just started and am doing my first side quest. Killing the bandit leader in Fort Frostmoth. I see (and hear) a lot of Morrowind in this DLC which makes me rather nostalgic.

My horse didn't travel with me though and I am traveling on foot. I've read that there are dragons to ride? Anyway I am also enjoying the DLC so far.

Just remembered that I finished Dawnguard and have Arvak to summon so I do have a horse after all.

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 02/06/13 04:06 PM

Last night I made the journey all the way around the edge of Solstheim, and I saw some wonderous things. This is a great adventure. Hope to see you all there soon.

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 02/06/13 10:01 PM

Ohhhh I want to ride a dragon puppy

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 02/07/13 12:46 AM

Dragon riding looks a little complicated and may not be worth the effort. I may try it on a dragon once I've learned the necessary shouts. Anyway here is the Dragon Riding Information

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 02/07/13 02:22 AM

Thanks Oldman...let me know if you try it. wave

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 02/07/13 07:58 PM

Well at the end of the DLC riding the dragon is mandatory and I wasn't overly impressed. I couldn't figure out how to get it to go to a particular point on the map and I finally just hit the action key and it landed where it was supposed to.

I don't really see any advantage to riding a dragon in regular play. The fast travel with the map does just as good a job and I have the mod to make the horses run faster so I don't think I'll be doing any more dragon traveling.

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 02/07/13 11:45 PM

Thanks! I guess I don't need the new content just to ride the dragon then wave

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 02/08/13 12:51 AM

I'm taking a breather. Being retired means I have too much time to play. And there are some tough puzzles, at least for me. I'm sure Oldman had no problem!

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 02/08/13 01:30 AM

Sometimes a break is just the thing to let your subconscious work out those hard problems. luck

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 02/09/13 12:20 AM

Thanks, Looney! I am of course brilliant, but some kinds of puzzles (i.e. anything in Myst) completely defeat me. Although, I did once solve a Myst puzzle, but it was an accident.

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 02/09/13 02:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Annie
Thanks, Looney! I am of course brilliant, but some kinds of puzzles (i.e. anything in Myst) completely defeat me. Although, I did once solve a Myst puzzle, but it was an accident.

rotfl Me too rotfl

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 02/11/13 01:55 AM

Hey everyone. I just got back after being out of town for awhile and was happily reminded that I bought Dragonborn before I left. I've been playing it today and am so excited----mostly because I've been missing Morrowind and playing this is like having a taste of Morrowind w/ Blood Moon installed. smile

I'm having fun gathering quests and Ash Yams, plus am scared of those ash things that come out of the ground. Very cool! I hope you guys are enjoying it too and I'll be back with more gushing as I get deeper into Solstheim!

Tracy, who is wondering if hubby and kitties will mind if she disappears completely and forever into this game! smile

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 02/11/13 04:59 PM

Hi Tracy! Glad you are back. You are needed once again to save the world, so I'm sure the kitties and hubby will understand.

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 02/13/13 11:51 PM

Annie---LOL! I hope you're right. And if not, who cares! (Just kidding! lol)

btw you guys, there is a quest where you need to do a shout, and so you have to have dragon souls, but whenever I try to get one either in Solstheim or Skyrim, the "bad guy" (trying not to spoil!) comes by and takes them from me. Has anyone gotten to this point and how did you get your dragon souls?

Thanks so much,
Tracy smile

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 02/13/13 11:55 PM

Welcome back and have fun!

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 02/15/13 01:08 AM

Tracy -- Fear not, the Bad Man won't take all the dragon souls. I wasn't counting but I think he only took about half of them, so you should be able to score enough to do the new shout.

I'm finished with Dragonborn, and I loved it even more than Dawnguard. Now I'll wait a short while for my aged brain to forget everything so I can play it again.

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 02/15/13 02:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Tracy
Annie---LOL! I hope you're right. And if not, who cares! (Just kidding! lol)

btw you guys, there is a quest where you need to do a shout, and so you have to have dragon souls, but whenever I try to get one either in Solstheim or Skyrim, the "bad guy" (trying not to spoil!) comes by and takes them from me. Has anyone gotten to this point and how did you get your dragon souls?

Thanks so much,
Tracy smile

This is a new one on me. I've got over 800 hours logged into this game including both DLC's and have yet to run into anyone who takes my dragon souls. Perhaps you could put a spoiler in and let me know more? I'm curious.
Posted By: anne2

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 02/15/13 08:32 AM

Spoiler about bad guy getting the souls.

Click to reveal..
Once you have cleansed all the stones it seems the bad guy stops getting the dragon souls

wave

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 02/15/13 05:46 PM

Cool, but I was really wondering who the "bad guys" are as I never ran in to them.

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 02/15/13 06:40 PM

The man who's stealing the dragon souls is....

Click to reveal..
Miraak - the other Dragonborn, who's your nemesis during the main quest.

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 02/15/13 09:22 PM

Hi everyone---thanks for your help! I was able to finally get the stones taken care of and realized that I did still have dragon souls even after you-know-who took them. lol I've beaten the "bad guy" and am wishing that this DLC would last forever because there's something about it that I just love. smile

Thanks for all of your help you guys---hope you're all doing well in and out of the game---lol---and I'm off to hang out in my "new" house. Yay! wink

Tracy, more secrets, trying not to give them all away when I hint about stuff smile

Re: Dragonborn DLC For Skyrim--PC Release Date? - 02/15/13 09:38 PM

Originally Posted By: AnneG
The man who's stealing the dragon souls is....

Click to reveal..
Miraak - the other Dragonborn, who's your nemesis during the main quest.

Thank you. That satisfies my curiosity. For some reason I never had that problem as I've already finished both those quests.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community