GB HOMEPAGE

Sacred 2

Posted By: Rowan

Sacred 2 - 02/06/13 07:45 PM

I'm playing Sacred 2 Gold from Steam. Although I like the game I am running into a problem where my computer gets hot and then the game crashes. I haven't had this with any other game. This is becoming more frequent. Has any one else experienced this? Am I running a risk of ruining my computer if I continue? My computer is only a year old and it works fine for everything else.
Posted By: Yankee Clipper

Re: Sacred 2 - 02/06/13 08:41 PM

You could inquire in glitches but in the meantime if it were mine I'd stop playing it. Is your cmptr a gaming cmptr?
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Sacred 2 - 02/06/13 09:57 PM

Rowan, we had a computer that would run hot. We had to keep a fan pointing at it to keep it running. I am not a techie but if you computer is running hot and the game is crashing, it sounds like you need to have your computer looked at. There are several things that could be happening, including you fan could be having problems.

Would you like me to move you to Glitches?

Re: Sacred 2 - 02/06/13 10:54 PM

Yankee, it is an Alien gaming laptop with Windows 7. It's like the one Sheldon Cooper from the Big Bang Theory has.

Looney, before moving me to Glitches I just wanted to know if anyone else had a similar problem only with isolated games, in my case Sacred 2. My computer doesn't heat up for any other game. I also have a cooling pad under the laptop and it has a triple fan.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Sacred 2 - 02/06/13 11:43 PM

Okay, we'll wait and see. My gaming laptop used to play my adventures fine but when taxed with more graphic intensive games it would run hot and shut down. luck
Posted By: mcc

Re: Sacred 2 - 02/07/13 07:29 PM

Rowan, you are playing other games without problems now or some time ago? If it is not just now it could be dust in the main fan, have you tried using the dust blowing compressed air on it? If my memory is right this game has a copy protection that can create problems, one of this games ruined my dvd player, it was heating it badly and after that didn't want to work anymore and had to change it. The PC was a very good games PC and fast enough to run any game without problems.

Re: Sacred 2 - 02/08/13 04:54 PM

Mcc, it seems to be a problem just with Sacred2. I loaded up Skyrim and played that a while and there was no heat problem. I regularly use the compressed air so I don't think a lot of dust has accumulated.

Thanks for the input everyone. I've decided to stop playing Sacred 2 which is too bad but I'd rather protect my machine.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community