GB HOMEPAGE

Max Payne 3

Posted By: oldman

Max Payne 3 - 02/09/13 10:52 PM

I am wanting some input from any member who has played this game.

I played the original Max Payne and enjoyed it however, I wasn't too thrilled with Max Payne 2. So I was wondering how the 3d episode compares to the original and whether I would enjoy playing it or not. I do not usually play shooters but some do catch my attention.

Would appreciate any comments.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Max Payne 3 - 02/09/13 11:36 PM

I so don't play shooters, but I know we have shooter fans who will have an opinion for you, I'm sure. wave
Posted By: Jarkeld

Re: Max Payne 3 - 02/10/13 12:33 AM

Max Payne 3 is too bright and colorful for a Max Payne game. I found it quite disappointing. It just didn't feel like a Max Payne game should.
Posted By: traveler

Re: Max Payne 3 - 02/10/13 02:03 AM

Oldman,

Take a look at part of the game on YouTube. I don't have the coordination to play shooters but I enjoy watching them. Max Payne 3 has a good story and I liked the graphics. Lotsa shooting but I had to expect that. <g>

Gil.

Re: Max Payne 3 - 02/11/13 06:59 PM

Thanks for the comments. Traveler I have looked at the youtube videos and that's what peeked my interest. I'm still on the fence about it because, as you I'm not really too good at shooters but once in a while with god mode for the real hard sequences I give it a try if there is otherwise good graphics and story.
Posted By: mcc

Re: Max Payne 3 - 02/13/13 07:21 PM

oldman,

I played MP3 but not the others, I enjoyed it very much. Checkpoints are close, then if one gets killed it is not a big problem. I played on a PS3 so not god mod for me, I checked and didn't see god mode for PC but there are trainers for this game. Playing at easy level you shouldn't need the god mode, this doesn't mean you will not die luck

Re: Max Payne 3 - 02/13/13 07:39 PM

Thanks MCC, the graphics that I've seen on youtube look awesome and it appears to have a decent storyline. I think I'll go ahead and try it since I'm winding down on Skyrim and the DLC's now. I do get bored easily with shooters though but am thinking that this one may hold my interest.
Posted By: mcc

Re: Max Payne 3 - 02/13/13 08:26 PM

For people used to shooters it takes a few deaths until getting used to the different control settings (one tends to press always the same button to shoot) oops, I don't know if it is the same with the PC.

It is a different kind of shooter, in a way similar to the James Bond games, similar but no the same.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Max Payne 3 - 02/13/13 09:20 PM

Have fun Oldman!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community