GB HOMEPAGE

Witcher 3

Posted By: oldman

Witcher 3 - 03/12/13 08:32 PM

Well folks it looks like there is going to be a Witcher 3 .

There is a block to check out preorder information but I didn't chase it yet. Have no idea when the expected release date is.

Posted By: Marian

Re: Witcher 3 - 03/12/13 09:11 PM

Thanks for letting us know! happydance thumbsup
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Witcher 3 - 03/12/13 11:16 PM

I'm sure we will all be waiting for that date puppy
Posted By: Mad

Re: Witcher 3 - 03/13/13 08:27 PM

I'd better get going and make an attempt at Witcher 2 then !! eek

I did have to wait for my new machine to be able to play it but I am SO behind with games it's getting scary now !!!! lol

Re: Witcher 3 - 03/13/13 10:10 PM

Oh Mad do get to it. Are you loving your new machine?
Posted By: mcc

Re: Witcher 3 - 03/13/13 11:13 PM

Thanks oldman, I loved the first two games.
Posted By: Dunn Tawkin

Re: Witcher 3 - 03/14/13 12:52 AM

Ya-hoo tomato

Thanks oldman

Dunn

Re: Witcher 3 - 03/14/13 05:05 AM

Originally Posted By: looney4labs
Oh Mad do get to it. Are you loving your new machine?

Yes, I am absolutely loving my new machine, thank you, looney4labs, although I can't say the same for the Win7 on it !! lol

But I have a tall, tall stack of "still not started" games and lots and lots of lovely oldies I like to replay. And just can't get to as many of either as I would like rolleyes
Posted By: Barb

Re: Witcher 3 - 03/16/13 02:29 PM

What a terrible quandry, Mad! lol I must say I agree with you about Win 7. I hate it.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Witcher 3 - 03/16/13 03:20 PM

Wait until you have to move to Windows 8! I love it, but many hate it. You might as well get used to Windows 7 and learn how to use it as Microsoft will support it until 2020. It's really a good stable operating system. It just take a little getting used to after XP. But then we had a LOT to get used to when XP first came out 12 years ago too. I remember absolutely loathing XP!

Re: Witcher 3 - 03/18/13 08:18 AM

Oh, I am learning to use it, Draclvr - but not happily lol

When I first got WinXP I found my way round it a lot quicker than I am doing with Win7 since I got IT crazy

And I've seen Win8 in operation on my Son in Law's computers. [Ugh !!] Definitely NOT looking forward to that frown

Re: Witcher 3 - 03/18/13 02:55 PM

You have lots of company with Windows 8. I absolutely love it though. It is so fast and stable and I can just stay in the desktop side all day if I want to. I've even grown to like the tiled start menu.

Re: Witcher 3 - 03/18/13 08:04 PM

Well even though this has nothing to do with Witcher 3, lol I would like to say that I prefer Windows 7. I just had to replace my computer with a new one which (of course) came with Win 8 and I'm am slowly learning my way around but everything I do is a learning experience.

Life was so much easier with Windows 7.

Re: Witcher 3 - 03/18/13 10:46 PM

I don't disagree with you, oldman, but I've gotten to where I'm pretty good with Windows 8. Let me know if you need any help.

Re: Witcher 3 - 03/22/13 06:13 PM

Guess I'll have to get used to it, too. I must say that I loved XP as soon as it came out & I still use it. I still haven't played the first Witcher yet, so I have something to look forward to.

Re: Witcher 3 - 03/23/13 09:19 AM

Hi Barb smile

The first "Witcher" is one of those rarer RPGs I've managed to finish not once but twice !! dance
I, along with so many others, thought it an absolutely brilliant game yay

But you definitely need the "enhanced" version for speed of play yes

Cheers.

Mad grin

Re: Witcher 3 - 03/23/13 02:57 PM

Hi Mad smile I have the original version that I bought when it first came out. Will that work?

Re: Witcher 3 - 03/23/13 03:34 PM

No, it won't work any more. You will need to download the Enhanced Version to be able to play it. But then, you REALLY want to have the enhanced version anyway. It fixed a lot of bugs and problems that people were having such as interminable load times between scenes. You can get it free if you have an account at GOG and enter your ID code. I have the original version too and they don't register it at the Witcher website any more.

Re: Witcher 3 - 03/23/13 06:48 PM

Thanks Drac wave I didn't remember that about the enhanced version.

Barb, are you going to give it a go?

Re: Witcher 3 - 03/23/13 08:03 PM

Thanks, Drac. Yes, I think I will give it a go!

Re: Witcher 3 - 03/23/13 08:07 PM

There is also a little more content in the download copy from GOG because I believe it is called the directors edition or some such. Anyway there is more of a back story in the introduction in this version.

Re: Witcher 3 - 03/24/13 12:28 AM

I love story. wave

Re: Witcher 3 - 03/24/13 11:01 AM

I was too late back to the party - but glad all was explained !! laugh laugh

Re: Witcher 3 - 03/25/13 07:29 PM

I'm ordering the Witcher from GOG. Is that all I need to do?

Re: Witcher 3 - 03/25/13 07:35 PM

That's all. It will download an installer and then you click on the installer and when it finishes you will be ready for a lot of fun times.

Combat takes a while to get used to but there are a lot of people on this board who can help you.

Re: Witcher 3 - 03/25/13 08:37 PM

Barb, there is a visual indicator you can turn on to help you get used to the rhythm of the combat. wave

Re: Witcher 3 - 03/26/13 12:42 AM

Barb, if you already have the original version, you don't have to buy it again. There is a way to enter your code at GOG and you get the download free. I did it with Witcher 2.

I grew to love the combat so much better than the mad clicking in all the other games.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community