GB HOMEPAGE

Where do you think the next Elder Scrolls game will be set?

Posted By: Tracy

Where do you think the next Elder Scrolls game will be set? - 03/24/13 06:47 PM

Hi everyone. I've been replaying Morrowind as well as Skyrim lately and although I love them both, I'm ready for something NEW! LOL I've been wondering what location Bethesda will use in their next Elder Scrolls game....Elsweyr, Vvardenfel, Hammerfell, etc. etc. and am really looking forward to seeing a new continent whichever one they choose. smile

How about you guys? Does anyone have any ideas on where they're going to set the game or maybe just where you'd like to see it located?

Tracy, who has WAY too much time on her hands and likes it that way! wink
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Where do you think the next Elder Scrolls game will be set? - 03/24/13 08:04 PM

I don't have a clue, but here is another website that was holding a vote Here.

I hope you get your choice!

Ana wave
Posted By: Jarkeld

Re: Where do you think the next Elder Scrolls game will be set? - 03/24/13 08:20 PM

It all depends on whether they want to continue going forward in the timeline or if they want to tackle some of the issues mentioned in the history of the game.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Where do you think the next Elder Scrolls game will be set? - 03/24/13 08:46 PM

Color me clueless, but I'll bet it will be fun. puppy
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: Where do you think the next Elder Scrolls game will be set? - 03/25/13 05:42 AM

Just skulking about and saw one of my favorite topics; The Elder Scrolls thumbsup

Without getting into Skyrim spoilers, I think the easiest theme to re-engage fans would be an exploration of Summerset Isle and the Aldmeri Dominion (I'd like to see the events leading up to their "disagreements" with the Empire.) Related to that, I wouldn't mind seeing more on Valenwood and the Bosmer, which could easily tie into Altmer themes.

I'm just hoping it all doesn't hinge on the success of their MMO. While I do enjoy community play now-and-again, I'm still a die-hard single player campaigner... cool

TM wave
Posted By: lanlynk

Re: Where do you think the next Elder Scrolls game will be set? - 03/25/13 07:10 AM

I looked over the choices listed in the the poll you linked to, BrownEyedTigre, and I think High Rock would be a great place to go adventuring. It has coasts, forests, highlands, valleys, mountains. A bit of everything.

I'm not sure how it would fit into the storyline, though. Valenwood or Summerset would be nice too.

Re: Where do you think the next Elder Scrolls game will be set? - 03/25/13 08:39 PM

wave Trail, wave Lan
Posted By: Tracy

Re: Where do you think the next Elder Scrolls game will be set? - 03/26/13 12:49 AM

Thanks for all of your ideas you guys. I'm really eager to see where they're going to "send" us with the next game and I really like Trail Mystic's idea of going to where the Thalmor are from and having that story told from their home/POV. Nice idea!

Tracy, who's wondering how many years it'll be til the next game!
Posted By: AnneG

Re: Where do you think the next Elder Scrolls game will be set? - 03/27/13 11:01 PM

Lots of people seem to want it to be Hammerfell. I don't know. I'm just not into a desert climate, which I think is what Hammerfell is. I'm with lanlynk. I'd love to go to High Rock. Has High Rock been the setting for any of the previous games? I'm not familiar with any of the ones that came before Morrowind.

Although truth be known, I'm sure I'll play it and love it no matter where it ends up being.

Re: Where do you think the next Elder Scrolls game will be set? - 03/27/13 11:48 PM

AnneG, I didn't know what the first two game settings were either, so I looked them up. Arena was played on the full Tamriel map. Daggerfall was set in High Rock and Hammerfell.

Morrowind's expansion Bloodmoon was set in Solstheim. Any other expansions set in other locales--besides the alternate void-like places and Shivering Isles?
Posted By: Annie

Re: Where do you think the next Elder Scrolls game will be set? - 04/07/13 04:20 PM

I'm intrigued by High Rock, since I have always played as a Breton. But I'd also like to see Elsweyr -- steaming jungles, warm sands! And I'd like to see the Khajiit have the upper hand after all they had to put up with in Skyrim. Maybe we could meet M'aiq the Liar's family and found out why he wanders Tamriel.

Re: Where do you think the next Elder Scrolls game will be set? - 04/07/13 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Annie
And I'd like to see the Khajiit have the upper hand after all they had to put up with in Skyrim.

I'll second that....my poor kitty felt much abused catrub
Posted By: Drizzt

Re: Where do you think the next Elder Scrolls game will be set? - 04/07/13 06:11 PM

I wouldn't mind another game set in Morrowind actually. It felt far more developed than either Skyrim or Cyrodill.

Re: Where do you think the next Elder Scrolls game will be set? - 04/07/13 08:30 PM

Ah, Morrowind. The first world I explored when I discovered RPGs! It took me quite awhile to learn how to be a "fighter" though. Talk about being abused! I arrived in Seyda Neen alone and lost. No friends in the village. They all called me Outlander. cry

When I first tried to leave Seyda Neen, a ferocious mudcrab tried to attack me! scared But I managed to race back across the little bridge to safety. Spent a long time in that village picking mushrooms and flowers to earn a living. Finally, after a few forays around the outskirts of town, I picked up my backpack and headed out.

What a huge world I found! I was entranced forever.

Re: Where do you think the next Elder Scrolls game will be set? - 04/07/13 10:27 PM

I never played but got my Morrowind fix second hand from watching my son play. wave
Posted By: Drizzt

Re: Where do you think the next Elder Scrolls game will be set? - 04/07/13 11:49 PM

Watching someone else play a game like that is almost like watching a movie. laugh

lanlynk, I recognize that feeling. You were really quite helpless in that game, before Bethesda started watering down the franchise.

Re: Where do you think the next Elder Scrolls game will be set? - 04/08/13 12:03 AM

Yes it is Drizzt, some more than others. Watching I thought there was no way I could ever play that game. Who knew lol
© 2024 GameBoomers Community