GB HOMEPAGE

two worlds 2

Posted By: oldman

two worlds 2 - 11/11/13 03:49 PM

Hi all,

Just finished this game and it is enjoyable. There were some things that they changed from the original that I really didn't like.

I thought the original Two Worlds was much easier to learn and navigate. The graphics, of course, have improved. TW2 has a pretty good story line although a little less involved and lengthy than TW1. Also there were much less side quests and not as involved.

My biggest complaint was the magic. In TW1 I was able to use spells as well as warrior/ranger skills with ease. In TW2 however the magic was so complicated that I just gave it up and played without using spells entirely. In order to cast spells you had to equip a staff which meant that you were either a mage or not. Also the method of preparing spells was just too much for this feeble brain to soak in.

All in all I enjoyed the game even without any magic and would recommend it to anyone who liked Two Worlds 1.

I'm now playing the add on which came with the steam version of the game called Pirates of the Flying Fortress. It looks like it is going to be rather short as well.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: two worlds 2 - 11/11/13 04:37 PM

Thanks Oldman. Glad you enjoyed it. I'm sorry the magic system was not fun though. I love zinging folks from afar. wave
Posted By: hagatha

Re: two worlds 2 - 11/11/13 08:59 PM

I have this game somewhere and even started it a long time ago. I might dust it off once I'm done with Risen and Amnesia.
Posted By: oldman

Re: two worlds 2 - 11/12/13 12:59 AM

Hagatha there is also a Risen 2 out that I played that is pretty similar to the original.
Posted By: hagatha

Re: two worlds 2 - 11/12/13 05:35 AM

I actually bo0ught Risen 2 and then realized it won;t run on my laptop, so it will be for another day, when I have a new computer. I like Risen well enough, though it seems to drag a bit now that I'm close to the end. I certainly wouldn't choose Fire Magic again; takes wayyyyy too long to fire a spell and I'm overrun before you can say "Those lizard men look and act suspiciously like Orcs."
© 2024 GameBoomers Community