GB HOMEPAGE

Neverwinter Night 2 at GOG

Posted By: fildil

Neverwinter Night 2 at GOG - 11/21/13 04:41 PM

Has anybody purchased this game from GOG. I played NWN over and over but somehow I never played this one. Any opinions on this game?
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Neverwinter Night 2 at GOG - 11/21/13 06:57 PM

fildil, I never played it so I can't help, but I do hope someone who has will be along soon.

Ana wave
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Neverwinter Night 2 at GOG - 11/21/13 07:36 PM

I've heard great things about the series and did start it once a long time ago but never finished it. wave

Re: Neverwinter Night 2 at GOG - 11/21/13 11:44 PM

I'm just wondering if I should take a chance and buy it and then hope that it doesn't go on sale. It's not so much the money, but I like to think that I got a deal.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Neverwinter Night 2 at GOG - 11/22/13 12:46 AM

Sadly, I had to give up on NWN2 frown

I bought it as soon as it was released because I had enjoyed the original NWN so much.

However, controlling one's character during "combat" in NWN2 was often impossible because you couldn't actually see him woozy

He would be behind something or under a massive tree. [Things like that.] And once the combat had started you couldn't move him out frown

It happened so frequently and became so frustrating I just gave up in the end !! rolleyes

Re: Neverwinter Night 2 at GOG - 11/22/13 02:25 PM

Thanks for the heads up Mad. I was wondering why I didn't see more about this game. Now I won't have to worry about a deal because now I'm not going to buy. lol
Posted By: oldman

Re: Neverwinter Night 2 at GOG - 11/22/13 03:47 PM

I agree with Mad. I bought NWN 2 as soon as it was released all happy about the improved graphics and all the supposed improvements from the first game and got about half way through and finally gave up for the same reason.

It was too difficult for these feeble fingers to accomplish.

Re: Neverwinter Night 2 at GOG - 11/22/13 07:28 PM

I'm truly sorry about this. I have NWN the platinum version and have played the first part over and over. For some reason I cannot get the expansions to install. Maybe it has something to do with my new computer because I ran them on my old computer. I was hoping to play a newer game but my fighting skills are, at best, woeful and I don't feel that I would last long in NWN2.
Posted By: hagatha

Re: Neverwinter Night 2 at GOG - 11/22/13 07:42 PM

I also had trouble getting through NWN2, quitting just before the big battle where you have to defend the castle. That being said, I loved the game, and it's worth buying for sure. Maybe I'll pick up a copy of it from GOG.

Re: Neverwinter Night 2 at GOG - 11/22/13 08:27 PM

If you download the game from GOG, can you use cheats?
Posted By: Templeton Peck

Re: Neverwinter Night 2 at GOG - 11/23/13 08:12 AM

I can agree that their were definitely camera issues with the game. I gave up on it and have known a few other people who did the same because of this.

You can edit the config files to improve things some, but I found it maddening at times.

NWN2 was done by a different developer than the first game.

From what I remember the story was slow moving at the start, but it gets better further in. It's also a party system, not just your character and a henchman like the first, so you have to manage inventories, skills, etc. for a party of characters.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community