GB HOMEPAGE

Risen

Posted By: Rowan

Risen - 01/28/14 03:44 PM

I am still in Ch. 1 and have exhausted all possible quests so far except for the 5 golden blade pieces for Oskar. My problem may contain spoilers for that quest:

Click to reveal..
I have 4 pieces from Craig, Brogar, excavation site, and Dorgan. That leaves Luis who still has one. According to a walkthrough, he gives it to you after the dialog option to give him 2 bottles of beer. However, I made the mistake of offering just 1 beer. Now the 2 beer option doesn't show up any more. How do I get the last piece short of killing him? Is he an important character for later in the game?

This is the second time I am restarted the game due to another error and I just don't want to restart again.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Risen - 01/28/14 04:30 PM

Until someone comes along who has played this game, maybe this will help:

Golden fragments

wave
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Risen - 01/28/14 06:14 PM

Thanks Marian....

Good luck, Rowan wave
Posted By: hagatha

Re: Risen - 01/28/14 06:35 PM

Can you pickpocket?
Click to reveal..
I did that to Brogar and got his piece.

Re: Risen - 01/29/14 01:04 AM

I don't get the pickpocket option any more. I may have used it up earlier or it's not available. I guess I will leave the camp for a while to level up some more in order to fight for his gold sword piece. Unfortunately he is no longer alone at his fire and I will have to fight 2 at once. How I wish I hadn't been stingy with that extra beer! oops

Re: Risen - 01/29/14 03:57 AM

lol Sorry 'bout that. wave

Re: Risen - 01/29/14 04:18 AM

Bad news. I just killed Luis but he didn't have the piece on him. Is there another cheating way of adding that piece I need? I know I got all the others.
Posted By: oldman

Re: Risen - 01/29/14 09:18 AM

Type 'minsky' during gameplay and press [Enter] to enable the test mode console. Then, press ~ or [F1] to display the console window. (I found that if you go into inventory mode first then you can type in the minsky otherwise you have to type it really fast.

This shows the code but I don't know if it works or not. You can google for a list of item codes for risen if that doesn't work.

Re: Risen - 01/29/14 04:11 PM

Thank you, oldman!! praise You are a genius! I was able to get the missing piece. I knew I had taken all 5 but only 4 showed in inventory. Your link showed that others had experienced that glitch. Your help saved me from quitting the game. thanks

Re: Risen - 01/29/14 05:21 PM

WooHooo Rowan luck

thanks Oldman wave

Re: Risen - 01/29/14 09:53 PM

Glad I could help. Enjoy the game.
Click to reveal..
I never was able to beat the Titan at the end and just watched the video on Youtube. Hope you are able to do it.

Re: Risen - 01/30/14 08:20 PM

Oldman,

Me, too. blush

Re: Risen - 02/04/14 04:57 PM

I'll worry about the Titan when I get to him. I am playing on easy setting and yesterday I came across my first lizard priest and that was challenging enough. I must have died a thousand deaths. Finally I got to a point where I was very close to killing him ... then the doorbell rang ... UGH!! Guess what happened! mad
Posted By: Marian

Re: Risen - 02/04/14 05:04 PM

People need to be more mindful as to when they ring doorbells! thumbsdown grin

Re: Risen - 02/04/14 06:05 PM

Arrrgh....doorbells and barking dogs are the cause of many digital deaths puppy
Posted By: Mad

Re: Risen - 02/05/14 03:41 PM

So true !!!! rotfl rotfl

Re: Risen - 02/08/14 06:56 PM

Me, I have a young cat who loves to stroll across the keyboard so that she can give me a face rub. And how can you argue with that...even if you do have to reload?

Re: Risen - 02/08/14 08:59 PM

rotfl catrub

Re: Risen - 02/09/14 03:43 PM

Fabulous, hagatha lol lol lol

Re: Risen - 02/10/14 08:18 PM

She is a little monster, though. A year old, and pushy, pushy, pushy. I have taken to carrying a spray bottle around.

Back to Risen, I though it was a decent game until close to the end, when it became rather repetitive. I wasn't too keen on the Big Bad battle at the end; my character wasn't all that well-balanced in terms of skills and had a hard time of it. I'll probably play it again some time, though.

Re: Risen - 02/10/14 08:29 PM

I wish the game would let us know which permanent potions are available later in the game so we can save some of the ingredients for later. I wasted some of them and had a difficult time finding someone who sold spice bags.

I'm near the final battle.

Re: Risen - 02/11/14 01:21 AM

luck Rowan wave

Re: Risen - 02/11/14 03:16 PM

I really enjoyed what I played of this game but it was one of those (legion) where the end section was way too much for me !! redface

Re: Risen - 02/11/14 03:36 PM

I'm joining the ranks of people who didn't play the end game. I don't mind slugging away at a tough opponent and avoiding blows, but...
Click to reveal..
... having to watch the floor to avoid moving pitfalls at the same time is just too much!

Re: Risen - 02/11/14 06:10 PM

Well you really didn't miss a lot (other than the satisfaction of completing this particular fight) and you are in a pretty big club me thinks. Anyway I watched it on Youtube risen final battle as I'm sure many of us did.

Re: Risen - 02/11/14 07:59 PM

"Anyway I watched it on Youtube risen final battle as I'm sure many of us did."

I never thought of doing that, oldman, or I probably would have too !! laugh

Re: Risen - 02/11/14 08:17 PM

*cough* I admit that this is how I handled the end game. My puny wizard/thief type really was not up to the challenge.

The only other Final Boss Battle I ever gave up on was in a game where you had to fight as a dragon -- it was a great game, many years ago, but I can't remember what it was called. Actually, I would buy it again if it ever appeared on GOG.

Re: Risen - 02/11/14 09:11 PM

It's a good thing we GameBoomers are able to think outside the box wave

Re: Risen - 02/11/14 09:37 PM

Even though there have been quite a few RPGs I've never managed to complete, I do still enjoy myself LOTS playing what I can manage yes

As we Brits often say .... It's not the winning that matters, it's the taking part !! rotfl rotfl

Re: Risen - 02/12/14 03:20 AM

Brillian, Mad, I'm with you thumbsup

Re: Risen - 02/12/14 04:03 AM

thanks looney4labs grin
© 2024 GameBoomers Community