GB HOMEPAGE

Bound by Flame

Posted By: traveler

Bound by Flame - 02/21/14 03:55 AM

Since hagatha was shocked that Kingdom Come: Deliverance has no half-naked elves grin here's one that might have and I really like the look of it.
Bound by Flame
You are a mercenary possessed by a fire demon who promises you great power if you just let him out to play once in a while.
You can imagine how that goes. evil
How's that, hagatha?
I didn't notice any elves, not that I'm fond of them myself (with the exception of Iorveth), but Bound by Flame sure isn't straight up medieval!

Gil.
hoping for an orc or two anyway and the ability to play it!
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Bound by Flame - 02/21/14 04:08 AM

Sounds interesting!

Ana wave
Posted By: hagatha

Re: Bound by Flame - 02/21/14 04:41 AM

Another very interesting-looking game.

My laptop isn't up to any of these newer games (couldn't play Witcher 2, e.g.), but my Spousal Unit has suggested that he might help me buy the best laptop I can find. So I told him I wanted the 18" Alienware, and he agreed that we should look into that one. Won't be happening right away, but... dance
Posted By: traveler

Re: Bound by Flame - 02/21/14 04:46 AM

Spousal Unit?
Rotfl! haha

Gil
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Bound by Flame - 02/21/14 04:54 AM

Is that sort of like "feline thermal unit?"
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Bound by Flame - 02/21/14 03:48 PM

WooHoo Hagatha, luck

Looks interesting, Gil wave I love drawfs, and elves, and dragons and unicorns......all things fairy tale....puppy

Re: Bound by Flame - 02/21/14 03:55 PM

Just had time to watch the trailer... I like, I like, I like!
Posted By: manxman

Re: Bound by Flame - 02/22/14 10:10 PM

Thanks for the info Traveler. thumbsup Looks great. Love those RPGs smile

Re: Bound by Flame - 02/22/14 10:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Draclvr
Is that sort of like "feline thermal unit?"

Yes, indeedy.

And I have one of the thermal units, too. It is a relatively new one, and not fully calibrated, so it goes outside the normal programming sometimes. The gripping extensions on its mobility pads, for instance, seem to lack the appropriate safety protocols and as a result it has damaged some of our mammalian-hide-covered seats. I have attempted corrective measures, but it merely widens its optic orbs, goes rigid, and bounces away sideways at a high rate of speed. Its posture seems to suggest that it wishes me to follow it, though I am not sure to what purpose. Most perplexing. Is it defective, I wonder?
Posted By: Marian

Re: Bound by Flame - 02/22/14 10:29 PM

hagatha lol

Re: Bound by Flame - 02/22/14 10:32 PM

I have a similar unit... also relatively new. The gripping extensions have caused damage to my fake-mammalian covered computer chair. Corrective measures result in a somewhat different posture... the head turns sideways and a very, very loud rumbling sound commences from the thermal unit. It then assumes I need the benefits of said thermal unit... Perhaps they are all defective?

The spousal unit is much better trained.

Re: Bound by Flame - 02/22/14 11:36 PM

The Spousal Unit is well trained, as I have had it for over 30 years. Its programming is complete.

Our thermal unit also seems to have an glitch in its fuel supply intake. It clearly requires organic fuel, yet often refuses to ingest it until several alternative fuel alternatives have been offered. There is considerable waste. It is an expensive unit to operate!

Re: Bound by Flame - 02/23/14 12:54 AM

rotfl

Re: Bound by Flame - 02/23/14 05:32 AM

Yes, our new thermal unit arrived - uninvited, I might add - with intact spawning equipment. $200 was required to ensure that the spawning equipment was removed and the thermal unit was inoculated against all forms of invading species which could render the thermal unit inoperative. Although the thermal unit ingests the fuel offered, it has still been a very expensive investment in what I still feel may be a defective unit.

Re: Bound by Flame - 02/23/14 07:13 AM

I begin to suspect that you may be correct in positing that they are all defective. Mine seeks out heat sources with the apparent purpose of recharging itself! But then what is the expensive organic fuel for? The unit requires TWO fuel sources? Surely not. I have no use for a thermal heating unit that uses up more energy than it produces.

Also, its logic processor appears to be faulty. It has somehow become fixated on the notion that there is something underneath the fibrous floor covering on my stairs. It pulls and pulls at it....
Posted By: SharonB

Re: Bound by Flame - 02/23/14 08:57 AM

My feline thermal unit was defective from the day I got it. It continually defaults to energy saving mode at the drop of a hat. Then requires copious amounts of fuel on re-energizing. Then it once again drops into energy saving mode. I don't know why I keep it...

Re: Bound by Flame - 02/23/14 04:41 PM

Oh, Sharon and hagatha, I think I see a pattern here. Perhaps it is not the feline thermal units that are defective... perhaps it is US who continue to cater to their every whim, spend copious amounts of money on them and even ensure they have clean toilet areas.

Re: Bound by Flame - 02/23/14 05:37 PM

I don't think they are defective at all. I think they are highly efficient at mind control.

Re: Bound by Flame - 02/23/14 08:03 PM

I believe you are correct, l4l!

Re: Bound by Flame - 02/23/14 11:12 PM

Ah. Mind control. That would explain my illogical lack of will when it fixes me with its big round orbs...

On the new laptop front, I am about to order the Alienware 18 with the larger processor, the NVIDIA GTX 780 video card and a bunch of other upgrades. Should be fun! devilchili devilchili dance woot woot

Re: Bound by Flame - 02/23/14 11:21 PM

Oh, my goodness! I have laptop envy now! Yay!

Re: Bound by Flame - 02/23/14 11:43 PM

Well, the computer upgrade was a long time coming. My old 18" Acer laptop is still working beautifully, but it has reached its limit in terms of what it can play. It has enough oomph to play some newer games (eg. Amnesia Dark Descent) but stalls badly on others (even Witcher 2 would not play well enough to enjoy). It's been a great machine, considering its relatively low cost and the fact that its Vista, but it's ready to be relegated to my older game machine.

The Alienware has the guts to run pretty much anything, I'm told.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community