http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/might-and-magic-x-hands-on-back-on-the-grid
Posted By: Marian

Re: might and Magic X - 03/14/14 03:37 PM

The game has been released on Steam:

Might and Magic X

wave
Posted By: Barb

Re: might and Magic X - 03/14/14 04:13 PM

Thanks. Marian, it's definitely on my list!
Posted By: Marian

Re: might and Magic X - 03/14/14 04:23 PM

Let us know if and when you play it; I'm very curious about it. It would be great to be able to get another genuine Might and Magic fix. grin
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: might and Magic X - 03/14/14 05:10 PM

Yes, do let us know. I've always thought those games looked like fun. wave
Posted By: Karsten

Re: might and Magic X - 03/14/14 07:45 PM

RPG Codex has a review for this game, link: http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9390

The like it very much, a quote about its up and downs:

Quote:
The game departs from the M&M formula where it matters the most, the overworld exploration. Additionally, it has quite a few flaws in its combat system. But it also preserves and improves core M&M tenets. The character system, the dungeons, the puzzles, the Relics, and yes, even many aspects of exploration have been lovingly recreated to please fans of the series, but also improved - something that the old series excelled at doing in almost every new iteration.

And a quote from the conclusion:

Quote:
The final verdict should be obvious by now: MMXL is a must-buy and a must-play. Limbic did a superlative job in bringing together many beloved elements from the series, improving where they could and not dumbing down where it matters. The flaws are immaterial in the grand scheme of things; Limbic have proven they can make a real (and good!) M&M game, and they have certainly proven that they can make an excellent turn-based tile-based blobber with all the joyful gameplay elements that entails.

I have been on the fence if I should buy this game, but it seems I might have to do so smile

Re: might and Magic X - 03/14/14 09:01 PM

Thanks, Karsten wave Your contributions are always so informative puppy
Posted By: oldman

Re: might and Magic X - 03/29/14 03:33 AM

I have been playing this game for quite a while now. I quit in the middle because I wasn't happy with my party and have started over with a new party that I like better.

I played the M&M games years ago and they were all right. This game, of course, has the newer and better graphics and much more forgiving of rest times and turned combat etc. I'm enjoying it and if you liked the M&M series I definitely think you'd like this one.

Re: might and Magic X - 03/29/14 03:35 AM

Oldman, I'm glad starting over helped you to enjoy the game more. wave
Posted By: Kayc

Re: might and Magic X - 03/29/14 11:15 AM

wave Thanks everyone! Looks like I'll have to try Might & Magic X. Have 6 through 9 installed on my windows 7, 64 bit. Thanks to all the patches. Love them all!

Might & Magic 9 is the only one I couldn't get to play full screen. It kept freezing, so I'm playing it in windowed mode. I've almost finished it now, My mage just became a Lich. rah Whew!!! That was tough. Had to do the mines quest twice because of glitches. Still love them all.

Thanks Kay
Posted By: Barb

Re: might and Magic X - 03/29/14 12:28 PM

Hi Kay, I haven't played M&M X yet, but I will. I have the whole M&M set - 1 through 9, so I hope I can get 10 in a boxed game. I liked 9, but I thought it was by far the hardest of the series. Congrats on finishing it!

Re: might and Magic X - 03/29/14 07:48 PM

Woohoo, Kayc...Grats and welcome to Lichdom puppy
© 2024 GameBoomers Community