GB HOMEPAGE

Sir, You Are Being Hunted

Posted By: traveler

Sir, You Are Being Hunted - 05/01/14 01:47 PM

Is anyone playing/thinking of playing Sir, You Are Being Hunted ?
A first person, survival-horror adventure game, it looks really interesting.
It also looks tough.

"Can You Get Home In Time For Tea?

"Sir, You Are Being Hunted is a procedurally-generated British horror in which tweed-wearing [goofy looking] robots hunt you for sport. Roam the landscape, scavenge for food, hide breathlessly in the undergrowth, flee in terror, and even fight back with stolen weapons."

Evidently, the game's Artificial Intelligence learns your modus operandi and things get harder as it figures you out.

Hoo boy!

Someone in the forum linked to this page in the Big Robot forums where they discuss gameplay.
(The discussion took place before the game was completely ready to go, I gather.)
I looked because I was curious and just skipped the video which "contains some spoilers".
Rather than put me off, it made me more interested in playing a game that will probably have me banging my head on the monitor if I buy it. grin

YMMV,

Gil.

Oh, if there are any plans to announce this game, feel free to remove this post, Ana.
Or move it if it's in the wrong place.
No problem. smile
Posted By: MaG

Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted - 05/01/14 01:57 PM

As I read the description, it states action, stealth and strategy.
Let's move it to Darkside. If more info comes in - we'll decide.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted - 05/01/14 03:25 PM

It sounds a bit like Miasmata, only with tea, biscuits and er, top hats.

I absolutely LOVED Miasmata. grin "Sir..." looks interesting and potentially even more terrifying.

Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted - 05/01/14 03:50 PM

Miasmata?
I had to go look that up on GOG.
First impression is: it's beautiful!
Second, after reading a review that "wanted to love it", is: I dunno.
Did you have much trouble with movement, Rushes?

It's hard to tell sometimes just where a game belongs, ain't it, the way devs mix genres.
So, you really think Sir could be more terrifying than Miasmata?
I suppose it could since robots aren't going to have any emotion at all about killing you since they're not driven by rage or a desire for revenge or even hunger.
Well, for sure they're both going on my Wish List.

Gil.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted - 05/01/14 04:00 PM

The thing is, the protagonist in Miasmata is suffering from plague symptoms, so yes, his movement is a bit off. As long as you take that into consideration and don't make any sharp movements or sudden switches in direction, it's not so bad and you do get used to it. Having said that, once the evil great monster is on your tail, all of that goes out the window. It's all helpmurderpolice and falling a** over elbow trying to get out of the way. laugh

Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted - 05/01/14 04:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Rushes
It's all helpmurderpolice and falling a** over elbow trying to get out of the way. laugh

rotfl
Sir should be a breeze then since all that would be driving me is to get home for tea. grin

Gil.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted - 05/01/14 04:57 PM

Sounds terrifying! wave

Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted - 05/01/14 05:00 PM

Originally Posted By: looney4labs
Sounds terrifying! wave

Tea isn't that bad, L4L. wink

Gil.
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted - 05/01/14 06:16 PM

I'm trying to lose weight so instead of drinking Dr Peper Ive been drinking unsweetened ice tea, its terrible but has 0 calories.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted - 05/02/14 12:31 AM

You guys are funny rotfl
Posted By: BobH

Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted - 05/19/14 09:57 AM

Originally Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood
I'm trying to lose weight so instead of drinking Dr Peper Ive been drinking unsweetened ice tea, its terrible but has 0 calories.

Well, maybe this belongs in Mixed Bag, but I have to tell you Guybrush, I went through the same thing. I used to drink a lot of Dr. Pepper. After trying a lot of different teas and methods, I have settled on Twinings Earl Grey Tea (loose in a tin rather than bags) and an iced tea maker. I like it a lot as a replacement. Oddly, I don't like sweetened tea so unsweetened actually is my preference. I also drink Diet Coke but try to stick to the iced tea as much as possible.

Good luck and don't give up. It is well worth it to drop the sugar soda habit. thumbsup bravo

...oh, and about the game... grin ...I'm not too interested in horror but it sounds like an interesting game, especially when the robots can learn what you do...that is creepy.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community