GB HOMEPAGE

Announcing: Murdered: Soul Suspect

Posted By: Callista

Announcing: Murdered: Soul Suspect - 07/04/14 09:15 AM

I have all but completed a new game released by Airtight Games and Square Enix CO and is available from Steam. The game is a detective thriller/noire game with a twist. Ronan who is a detective in Salem Massachusetts, is seemingly killed by the notorious serial killer known as the Bell Killer. On dying, he is given the task of solving his own murder, as well as his wife who was murdered years ago, along with many unsolved murders. The story is great, the graphics and cut scenes are fantastic and the game is really worth playing. I hope you get to play it and enjoy it.

Callie
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Announcing: Murdered: Soul Suspect - 07/04/14 10:10 AM

wave Sounds great Callista! Good luck with the Game! wave
Posted By: mj2c

Re: Announcing: Murdered: Soul Suspect - 07/04/14 10:49 AM

I saw someone streaming this a few weeks ago. Looked like it needed a hefty machine to run it - at least heftier than mine :-)
Posted By: Callista

Re: Announcing: Murdered: Soul Suspect - 07/04/14 12:04 PM

My computer specifications were below that recommended regarding the video card and I played the game on all the highest settings and the game ran smoothly throughout. Unless you have a very old computer, you shouldn't have too many problems with running the game.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Announcing: Murdered: Soul Suspect - 07/04/14 03:07 PM

Per Wikipedia and Steam this is an action/adventure game so I will move it to the DarkSide.

Ana wave
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Announcing: Murdered: Soul Suspect - 07/04/14 03:17 PM

Thanks, Callista, and Ana wave
Posted By: Butcher

Re: Announcing: Murdered: Soul Suspect - 07/05/14 03:14 AM

Well the studio that developed the game has closed down not even a month after releasing the game. So I guess reception has not been as expected and sales numbers were probably not met. I have read very mixed reviews about the game and it has generally received quite low scores.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airtight_Games

Re: Announcing: Murdered: Soul Suspect - 07/05/14 03:59 AM

That's always sad sad
Posted By: Jarkeld

Re: Announcing: Murdered: Soul Suspect - 07/27/14 01:57 AM

Bought it at a discount and played it for a few hours: I quite enjoy this game. Then again I also like Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy), Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls.
Edit: 1 problem: no way to change the keyboard layout from wasd to arrow keys so I used MotionInJoy to play the game with my Dualshock 3 controller.

Re: Announcing: Murdered: Soul Suspect - 07/27/14 02:22 AM

Glad you found a way to make it work for you thumbsup
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Announcing: Murdered: Soul Suspect - 07/27/14 03:41 PM

Jarkeld, Where did you get it on sale? It's still $49.99 at Steam and I really don't want to pay that much for it.

Re: Announcing: Murdered: Soul Suspect - 07/27/14 11:45 PM

I bought it on Gamefly: 24.99 pounds instead of 40 euros (around 30 pounds) on steam and I got a 20% off coupon as I tried to remember my password for my Direct2Drive account (they bought them up years ago). So I only had to pay 19.99 pounds.

When it comes to AAA games, I usually try SimplyCDKeys (sold out), Green man gaming (no discount) and now Gamefly.

Re: Announcing: Murdered: Soul Suspect - 07/28/14 12:25 AM

Thanks, Jarkeld. I think I'll wait for some place like Steam to put it on sale.

Re: Announcing: Murdered: Soul Suspect - 07/28/14 12:51 AM

Never had any problems with the steam keys I bought from the sites I mentioned.
Posted By: Templeton Peck

Re: Announcing: Murdered: Soul Suspect - 07/28/14 05:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Draclvr
Thanks, Jarkeld. I think I'll wait for some place like Steam to put it on sale.

It's $14.99 (70% off) on Green Man Gaming right now. It's a Steam key.
Posted By: ipad_Lover

Re: Announcing: Murdered: Soul Suspect - 07/28/14 12:13 PM

I may pick this game up - it sounds different and unusual.
Posted By: dorish

Re: Announcing: Murdered: Soul Suspect - 07/28/14 12:18 PM

I just looked at part 1 on you tube. Does using the controls get any harder than what I saw----up until he enters the apartment building? The reason I am asking is that I have never played a game using the controls before, but this game looks really interesting, and I would like to give it a try.

Doreen

I bought it anyway. Will see what to do on you tube.

Re: Announcing: Murdered: Soul Suspect - 07/28/14 09:41 PM

Is it a legit Steam key? Many of the EULAs for these games specifically prohibit selling separate keys that are not from the game distributor?

Re: Announcing: Murdered: Soul Suspect - 07/29/14 12:05 AM

Green Man Gaming and Gamefly are legitimate resellers and have been for years.
They sell games and keys for games on Steam, that ubisoft thing and Origin.

Simplycdkeys is a bit more in the gray-ish area. Never had problems with it, but they don't have the same trust-factor GMG and Gamefly have.
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Announcing: Murdered: Soul Suspect - 07/29/14 05:12 PM

When I was considering Wildstar, Green Man Gaming wouldn't sell it to me. They wanted me to send them a photo copy of my credit card, I didn't and since changed my mind about the game.
Posted By: Templeton Peck

Re: Announcing: Murdered: Soul Suspect - 07/29/14 11:03 PM

If anyone missed the GMG sale and still wants the game, The Humble Store has it for $14.99 (70% off) right now.

Re: Announcing: Murdered: Soul Suspect - 07/30/14 02:26 AM

OK... Humble Store I trust.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Announcing: Murdered: Soul Suspect - 09/28/14 04:20 AM

Drac - did you ever get this game? I bought it a couple of weeks ago on sale at Humble Bundle. The graphics aren't working quite right but it is playable. However, I cannot seem to do anything with the first demon on the third floor of the building I was tossed out of.

I knew I shouldn't have tried another actiony game!

Re: Announcing: Murdered: Soul Suspect - 09/28/14 04:22 AM

I meant to, but just never got around to it. I hate to hear you're having problems with it... Maybe if you post down in Glitches, someone can help you get it running better.

Re: Announcing: Murdered: Soul Suspect - 09/28/14 04:29 AM

The graphics aren't what I'm worried about. It's the demon I can't get rid of that's the problem. He keeps killing me!

Re: Announcing: Murdered: Soul Suspect - 09/28/14 08:48 AM

Is it blocking the stairs? You have to sneak up on it and use the appropriate action to destroy it. If you approach it correctly the game should indicate which keys or buttons to use. I used my PS3 controller to play the game, it makes it a bit easier.

Re: Announcing: Murdered: Soul Suspect - 09/28/14 07:56 PM

No, this one is not blocking the stairs. There are 2 of them on the 3rd floor. This is when I first get to the 3rd floor landing. It is off to the left. It is not really paying attention to me but I have tried to catch its attention so I can hide until it gets tired of that but I cannot hide fast enough. I have also tried to sneak up behind it but it catches me as it is too far away to do that I think. I guess I am not finding the best place to deal with him properly. I've tried from just staying in the hallway and also from going through the apartment walls but no luck yet. I haven't seen the indicator yet of which keys to use except to hide but honestly, I'm having a little trouble reading the pop up stuff while trying to press buttons.

Will try again a little later. Maybe I'll have better luck today!

Re: Announcing: Murdered: Soul Suspect - 10/05/14 07:18 AM

Well, today I managed to get past the demon (not kill him, just get past him). I made it up to the 4th floor and finished up in the building. Left via the fire escape and will begin to search for a girl in a church.

What I like about this game is that there are some things that you uncover/do that don't get lost and need re-doing if you get killed. Also, it pretty much leads you by the hand and since I am not used to this type of game, that is very, very helpful!

Re: Announcing: Murdered: Soul Suspect - 10/05/14 04:38 PM

Woot, woot, Oldbroad. Way to hang in there and get it done bravo

Re: Announcing: Murdered: Soul Suspect - 10/16/14 09:37 PM

I am still tackling these demons. I've been trying for over an hour to kill, or get past somehow, 3 demons in the cemetery. The first one is easy. Or I should say WAS easy because now that I have to keep going back, even that first one is getting harder. I also managed to get a second one a couple of times but get killed right away then by the third one. I'm here resting up. Hope you don't mind!

If this game didn't have the demons it would have made a really nice adventure game. I like the main story and the side stories that I've uncovered so far, although I think I missed one or two.

Re: Announcing: Murdered: Soul Suspect - 10/17/14 02:02 AM

Store up energy and then go get 'em. luck

Re: Announcing: Murdered: Soul Suspect - 11/02/14 02:47 AM

I finally was able to finish the game. I did use the help of a written guide and a video w/t a few times. I was not able to find all of the collectibles for all of the side stories but I really enjoyed the game a lot! (You know, when I wasn't cussing at the demons.)

Re: Announcing: Murdered: Soul Suspect - 11/03/14 05:33 PM

WooHoo, Oldbroad, so glad you had fun thumbsup What's next?

Re: Announcing: Murdered: Soul Suspect - 11/04/14 02:40 AM

Back to straight adventure for now: The Inner World.

Thanks for your support looney4labs!
Posted By: hugh

Re: Announcing: Murdered: Soul Suspect - 11/11/14 12:10 AM

The topic seems closed but I just wanted to add that I loved this game very much too. Loved the investigation in it. The ghosts were hard but you had to check their timings & patrolling. Loved playing as a cat too. I also didn't like it that once you completed the game, you couldn't come back for your remaining side missions but I guess the ending wouldn't have made it logical.

Re: Announcing: Murdered: Soul Suspect - 11/11/14 12:13 AM

Glad you enjoyed it, Hugh. Sorry you couldn't go back and finish side quests wave

Re: Announcing: Murdered: Soul Suspect - 11/11/14 02:57 AM

I loved playing as a cat also hugh!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community