GB HOMEPAGE

CD key sites

Posted By: oldman

CD key sites - 08/29/14 05:48 AM

I've noticed that there are several sites on line that sell the CD keys for games. They work with a Steam account and are much cheaper. For instance, Risen 3 is $49.99 at both Steam and Gamersgate. The CD Key sites have them for 14 to 17 Euros, which would be less than $25 depending on which site you go to.

Anyone familiar with these and are they legal?
Posted By: Marian

Re: CD key sites - 08/29/14 07:08 AM

We had a discussion about this relatively recently in Adventure Game Discussions. Take a look at this old thread here.

The discussion about CD key sites begins with the last post on page 1 and continues on page 2. wave
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: CD key sites - 08/29/14 01:40 PM

oldman, please avoid the cd key websites. most of the keys are obtained unethically.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: CD key sites - 08/29/14 05:46 PM

Thanks, Marian. Thanks, Ana. wave
Posted By: oldman

Re: CD key sites - 08/29/14 09:20 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Like has been said, "If it seems to good to be true, it probably is".
Posted By: RichAlexis

Re: CD key sites - 08/29/14 11:44 PM

Ditto! I once came across some Twitter and YouTube accounts where teenage boys were trading keys from Steam. Illegal, of course.

Apparently, these cases of cracking happen a lot.

I must say, I did use some sites with keys about 10 years ago when I had lost some registration codes of software I had bought. I'm not particularly proud of that, but in this case it was defensible, I guess.

In all other cases I would stay away from it.

Rich
© 2024 GameBoomers Community