GB HOMEPAGE

If Anyone is Still Playing Skyrim

Posted By: Debra

If Anyone is Still Playing Skyrim - 03/06/15 05:34 PM

I don't know if anyone is still playing Skyrim, but I have found the neatest house mod. It's not just a place to store your stuff or sandbox your follower, it's a home that really feels like you're living there. There are a couple of nice quests associated with it too. Here's the link if you want to check it out:
Nexus Mods
Posted By: Marian

Re: If Anyone is Still Playing Skyrim - 03/06/15 05:43 PM

That looks like a terrific mod - thanks for letting us know about it. wave

Re: If Anyone is Still Playing Skyrim - 03/06/15 06:13 PM

You're welcome!
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: If Anyone is Still Playing Skyrim - 03/06/15 06:22 PM

Thanks, Debra, I think Skyrim is one of those you are never quite finished playing wave
Posted By: gremlin

Re: If Anyone is Still Playing Skyrim - 03/06/15 07:57 PM

I just passed 333 hours ... and still going strong. Skyrim is my go-to game if I want to while away some hours with a game.

Re: If Anyone is Still Playing Skyrim - 03/06/15 08:27 PM

Someone here years ago said that Morrowind isn't a game but rather an alternative lifestyle - that no doubt holds true for many Skyrim players as well. grin

Re: If Anyone is Still Playing Skyrim - 03/06/15 09:07 PM

I agree with you all. I'm at over 1100 hrs and still playing. I love making characters and exploring. I've really gotten my money's worth out of this game.

Re: If Anyone is Still Playing Skyrim - 03/07/15 01:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Debra
I agree with you all. I'm at over 1100 hrs and still playing. I love making characters and exploring. I've really gotten my money's worth out of this game.

Wow. That was a bargain at twice the price. What a testament to the game that is. thumbsup
Posted By: Jarkeld

Re: If Anyone is Still Playing Skyrim - 03/07/15 02:34 AM

Just restarted playing this week. With all the mods available it still has life in it yet.

Re: If Anyone is Still Playing Skyrim - 03/07/15 02:44 AM

That's good game design!

Re: If Anyone is Still Playing Skyrim - 03/07/15 05:25 PM

Jarkeld, I agree with you. The modders are the ones who polished this game and made it wonderful. They fixed 99% of the bugs, revamped the magic gameplay, made the armor and weapons fabulous, gave us beautiful houses to live in and on and on. Bethesda makes really nice games, but they never have the time?/money? to totally finish them. So, I'm glad there are so many creative modders out there.
Posted By: oldman

Re: If Anyone is Still Playing Skyrim - 03/07/15 06:36 PM

I downloaded this mod and am going to try it. It looks like a cool mod. The mod directions said look for a message at Breezewood door with directions to get to Clearsky. I'm hoping the directions are clear enough for this dense old brain. woozy

Oh and Debra I've got you beat by a few hours. I have 1294 hours logged on this game and still play it periodically. Will now add some hours with this new mod. Seems there's always more side quests to find if you explore enough.
Posted By: lanlynk

Re: If Anyone is Still Playing Skyrim - 03/08/15 12:45 AM

Wow, amazing looking mod. Thank you. I'll spend some time reading the info about it. I haven't been in Skyrim for a while, but it's always in the back of my mind for game playing.
Posted By: SharonB

Re: If Anyone is Still Playing Skyrim - 03/08/15 10:10 AM

Thanks for the mod tip! I have successfully managed to procrastinate playing this game thus far. I think I will have to play soon!

Sharon

Re: If Anyone is Still Playing Skyrim - 03/08/15 04:45 PM

Sharon, clear your calendar lol

Re: If Anyone is Still Playing Skyrim - 03/08/15 08:48 PM

Well for some reason the mod is not working for me. Either it is a conflict with other mods of mine or something else but I have waited at the front door of Breezewood and can't find any message. Oh well it got me looking at Skyrim again.

Re: If Anyone is Still Playing Skyrim - 03/08/15 09:28 PM

Sorry it's not working, Oldman wave
Posted By: hagatha

Re: If Anyone is Still Playing Skyrim - 03/08/15 09:48 PM

I left my game after 400 hours, with very little of the main quest done. My game is just waiting for me to pick it up again, and I will check out that mod.

Now I have a new computer...and I get to start all over again sometime soon, too. Yay!

Re: If Anyone is Still Playing Skyrim - 03/08/15 09:50 PM

Hagatha, you can't move your saves?

Re: If Anyone is Still Playing Skyrim - 03/08/15 11:11 PM

Hagatha, looney, if you've been playing via Steam, installing the game on the new computer will bring the saves with it. Otherwise, all your save games should be in "My Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Saves" (where the location of 'My Documents' will depend upon the version of Windows you're running)

Re: If Anyone is Still Playing Skyrim - 03/09/15 01:42 AM

Thanks, Gremlin, that is really good to know.

I know hubby has moved saves for me before, just wasn't sure about this game thanks

Re: If Anyone is Still Playing Skyrim - 03/09/15 01:53 AM

Will the saves move over even if it's a different operating system? I would be going from Vista to Win 7.

Re: If Anyone is Still Playing Skyrim - 03/09/15 02:24 AM

Hagatha if I were you I'd back up my save games because they're not in the Steam folder. Mine are in my documents folder under "my games/Skyrim". If you've added any downloaded mods it would be advisable to back up your data file as well which can be found at C:/programfiles(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/skyrim,

Re: If Anyone is Still Playing Skyrim - 03/09/15 03:01 AM

Hmmmm, not techy, but I wouldn't think so. sad But I'm often wrong.

Re: If Anyone is Still Playing Skyrim - 03/09/15 04:33 AM

Originally Posted By: oldman
Hagatha if I were you I'd back up my save games because they're not in the Steam folder. Mine are in my documents folder under "my games/Skyrim". If you've added any downloaded mods it would be advisable to back up your data file as well which can be found at C:/programfiles(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/skyrim,

Thank you.

I may actually just keep Skyrim on my Vista laptop for now because it runs beautifully on my old 18" Acer. I might eventually start a new game on the Alienware, although it's already getting quite jammed up with games (I'm still in the middle of Fallout New Vegas and I still have Fallout 3 loaded, as well as Witcher 2, Divine Divinity 3, and now the new Dragon Age, plus a number of smaller old games.

Re: If Anyone is Still Playing Skyrim - 03/09/15 10:31 PM

Regarding moving saves from Windows 7 to Vista, I would say they will most likely be just fine - it would be a very poor show by Bethesda if they didn't work! (sorry, looney)

As evidence, I can still load my save games from 2013 (when I had windows 7 or vista on my PC) on my current installation, where I have windows 8.1.

Re: If Anyone is Still Playing Skyrim - 03/10/15 04:57 PM

Gremlin, I'd take your word over mine any day. I am so not techie, was just guessing. My "expertise" ends at "click." That is good news happydance

Re: If Anyone is Still Playing Skyrim - 03/10/15 10:24 PM

Gremlin, that is good news indeed. My Skyrim character is very powerful...I think...can't really remember...and I would like to continue with her. Or him. No, it must be her, because I remember a certain blacksmith. I just know that I was a long way in and loving every second of it. Then we moved, and we moved again, and now I'm in the middle of several games but Skyrim is back on the list.

Re: If Anyone is Still Playing Skyrim - 03/14/15 01:51 AM

Oldman, did you try saving outside of Breezehome and then logging back in. The message won't be on the ground BTW it's was stuck into the left side of my front door on an arrow.

Re: If Anyone is Still Playing Skyrim - 03/14/15 05:22 AM

Thank you Debra. I just checked and it was there. I'm on a different quest now and just used an earlier save to check it out but now that I know where it is I can get back to it next time I'm in Whiterun.

I too was looking on the ground and in all the wrong places and missed the obvious.

Thanks again for the info. Will be exploring the house soon.

Re: If Anyone is Still Playing Skyrim - 03/14/15 05:22 PM

Thanks, Debra wave

Woohoo, Oldman, have fun!

Re: If Anyone is Still Playing Skyrim - 03/14/15 06:57 PM

Glad you found it Oldman! Enjoy.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community