GB HOMEPAGE

Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews

Posted By: Karsten

Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 05/15/15 03:40 PM

CD Project Red relased a Cinematic Launch Trailer for this game. You can check it out here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-l29HlKkXU

In other Witcher 3 news, The Telegraph, a british newspaper, has a review 5/5 for this game.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/vi...ally-dense.html

A small excerpt:

Quote:
If you pay attention, there’s foreshadowing everywhere, Chekov’s guns waiting to go off, if you would only investigate in the right direction. And investigation is a large part of what makes Wild Hunt so compelling. Not only in the mechanical ‘Witcher Sense’, which focuses the camera over Geralt’s shoulder and highlights clues in a lurid red, but also in terms of tracking down leads and gathering information. Where previously a monster hunt would be just a marker sending you to the location of your target, and then the consequent fight, now they’re murder mysteries, with the first task often being to figure out exactly what you’re dealing with.

Destructoid also has a review 8/10 for this game, please follow this link:
http://www.destructoid.com/review-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-291344.phtml

A quote:

Quote:
In general, choices feel like they carry more weight in The Wild Hunt, and the characters are more fleshed out as a whole. I felt like the second game had way too many "Would you like to do option A or option B?" black and white choices, but the third iteration brings back some of the ambiguity from the original. There is immediacy to your decisions, but there are lasting consequences in some cases, with individuals that I actually cared about. I like Ciri in particular, and was inspired to press on to find out what happened to her. More importantly, the game is designed as a large collective of little choices compared to a few sweeping options in The Witcher 2. Having a bit of control over nearly every aspect of your personal story is a much more desirable design.

Now I'm worried that my 1½ year old computer might not be strong enough to play this game....
Posted By: Marian

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 05/15/15 04:01 PM

Thanks for all that info, Karsten. The release date is almost here. yay

It will be interesting to see what system requirements will fall within the category of "acceptable," once people actually start playing it and reporting their findings. I hope it will run well for you. wave
Posted By: oldman

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 05/19/15 07:44 AM

Well I am downloading Witcher 3 as I type this. It is a huge download, almost 22 GB. GOG had a pre-download and it's been downloading now for about 8 hours and I'm only 50 percent finished. Maybe when I wake in the morning it will be finished.

I've read that it's 35 times bigger than Witcher 2. My machine meets the requirements but my GeForce GTX 660 barely squeeks by with the minimum so I'll see how it plays. Here's hoping.

Here is some interesting info on the game.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 05/19/15 05:06 PM

I'm taking my exterior drive in to my grandson's where they have a smoking fast internet connection. This would take as long as 2 weeks for me.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 05/19/15 05:09 PM

Sounds like a good idea, Drac.

Let us know how it plays for you, Oldman. wave

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 05/20/15 05:23 AM

Well it is downloaded and installed and I've played through the tutorial. I've been to the first town and done a couple of quests and the game is playing fine on my machine so far.

The controls are pretty much the same as in Witcher 2 and the graphics are really great. I'm not sure how difficult the combat will get but so far I've been able to survive (and I'm pretty much of a combat wuss).

There will be a lot to learn for me in this game like potions and leveling up etc that I haven't gotten to yet. I was so used to and familiar with the original witcher system of all that. Oh well, I guess I'll get it learned.

Should be a really good game but I'd rather have the controls of the first Witcher with the graphics of this one. But then again I'm an old dog that has difficulty learning new tricks.

Oh and I understand that I'll be running into Dandelion and Triss later on and maybe some more of the original cast. Looking forward to that.

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 05/20/15 02:53 PM

Eurogamer has written a review of The Witcher, calling it 'essential. Please follow this link:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-18-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-review

A quote:

Quote:
There's a bigger picture than that, though: simply living the life of an itinerant monster hunter, plying his trade across a vast and richly drawn fantasy kingdom. There is - and this is where it stands head and shoulders, I feel, above the vast majority of open-word games - no part of The Witcher 3 that doesn't play into this fantasy in a meaningful and entertaining way. There's nothing that feels tacked on (apart, perhaps, from the perfunctory horse races); no map icon that turns out to be nothing more than a collectable doodad, no system that is just a free-spinning hamster-wheel of makework.

Quite a nice review, I find smile

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 05/20/15 04:36 PM

Thanks, Karsten, sounds good wave
Posted By: Debra

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 05/22/15 02:47 AM

I got a hard copy of the game and downloaded it today. All I can say is WOW!! The graphics are gorgeous. The controls work well for the PC and it seems fairly easy to pick up. (I'm not playing hardcore or anything-reflexes are too slow) I can't wait to really get into the story.
Thanks, Karsten for the reviews.

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 05/22/15 03:49 PM

Now that I'm further into the game, I'm really liking it. I still haven't mastered how to get the ingredients for potions and even figure out what are needed but I guess it will come.

I just finished a quest where I needed a boat and it took me the longest time to figure out how to steer. There was no help in options and I couldn't find anything in the manual or on line and, finally, with experimentation, I discovered that the arrow keys were the answer.

Afterwards had a nice little romp with a witch called Keira and had to answer carefully to keep from killing her after. There are choices constantly in this game that change outcomes instantly.

I got my game from GOG and the manual that you download is really lacking in info.

The graphics in this game are so good and gameplay has been flawless I'm really impressed. Still miss easy potion making and leveling up in the original Witcher but over all this game is so much better than Witcher 2.

Got a lot of gameplay ahead and several side quests to get to so guess I'll get going.

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 05/22/15 05:08 PM

Thanks, Oldman, it sounds like a winner wave

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 05/25/15 02:00 AM

Oldman,
I have the big Prima game guide. Here's what it says about potion making:
To brew potions Geralt needs to know the formulae an have the materials they require. Most alchemy require plants that can be found and harvested in the field. Other alchemic compounds, such as special powders, monster body parts and minerals can be found as loot in chests and bags strewn about the world, or on the corpses of your foes. You many also purchase some of the more rare ingredients from herbalists and alchemists found in or around towns.
Hope this helps!

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 05/25/15 02:12 AM

Thanks, Debra, I know that will help thanks

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 05/25/15 02:17 AM

Glad to help! wave

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 05/25/15 06:02 PM

Thanks Debra I finally figured it out. I have bombs made and swallow and tawny owl. One of the nice things about this game is that once you have a formula made every time you meditate it fills all your potions up as long as you have alcohol.

It's like everything else it seems complicated until you figure it out and then you wonder at how easy it really is.

I'm moving right along. I've met Triss, although we haven't gotten "close" yet and I'm getting closer to finding Dandelion. A lot of the characters from previous Witchers are showing up in this game.

The more I get into this game the more I'm liking it.

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 05/26/15 05:58 PM

Glad you got it figured out, Oldman. That's good to know about the alcohol.

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 05/28/15 07:01 PM

CD Project Red has released patch 1.04 for this game for PC. Here a few of the changes:

Quote:
-Rebinding of all keys is now available after switching on the ‘Unlock Bindings’ option in the Options\Key Bindings submenu.

-Corrects an issue in the dialogue system that might have caused dialogue looping in certain scenes.

-Fixes an issue with incorrect behavior of Wild Hunt warriors after they were affected by the Axii Sign.

-Corrects a bug that caused spontaneous combustion of gas clouds.

-1280 x 720 resolution is now properly displayed as a valid resolution option.

-Fixes boat stuttering in cutscenes.

-Texture rendering quality for the high and ultra presets has been improved.

-Further improvements made in NVIDIA Hairworks performance.

-A few additional gwent cards are now available in the Prologue area.

source: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/40585-Patch-1-04-for-PC-out-now!
The whole changelog can also be viewed here.

CD Project Red has also released 2 of the 15 free DLCs for this game:

Quote:
A new mission is now available for free download, as is the alternate character appearance. The first is a new contract quest titled Missing Miners, while the other is an alternative look for Yennefer, seen in the image above.The mission description is pretty straightforward, telling us that miners from a small Skellige village are disappearing. Geralt agrees to investigate, and it's up to the player to take it from there.

source: http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/24877...w-available.htm

From different sources it seems that there will be an expansion released in October 2015.

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 05/28/15 07:52 PM

Thanks, Karsten. Exciting!

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 05/29/15 01:11 AM

mad hardwall I just downloaded the patches and installed them and lo and behold when I started my game again I had lost all the runes in my swords and my steel sword had turned into a blunt sword with almost no hit power. (grumble grumble many bad words)

Oh well now I have to find some more runes and I have no idea where I found the ones I lost or where to find or buy new ones.

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 05/29/15 01:43 AM

That's horrible, Oldman. Sounds like there should be a patch for the patch coming. sad

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 05/29/15 10:04 PM

I think I've read somewhere that it seems the whole .exe (i.e. the whole game) has been overwritten. Which means something like this could happen? Oldman, can't you load up a save game before you've installed the patch?

Do you mean that you installed the patch 1.04? and the two free dlcs?

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 05/30/15 12:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Karsten
I think I've read somewhere that it seems the whole .exe (i.e. the whole game) has been overwritten. Which means something like this could happen? Oldman, can't you load up a save game before you've installed the patch?

Do you mean that you installed the patch 1.04? and the two free dlcs?

I tried a previous save and the runes were gone in it as well and the good steel sword I had has disappeared. I had installed the 1.04 and actually 4 free DLCs.

I was planning on starting a new game anyway to catch up on things I'd missed on the first go around so this seemed like a good time to do it and I'm now back at level 6 again and working my way forward carefully.

I did back up all my saves from the game I quit though.
Posted By: family

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 05/30/15 04:34 PM

when is it going to hit stores, like walmart or target. cool lab puppy

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 05/30/15 05:19 PM

I don't know. I am seeing boxed versions on eBay, but they are from United Kingdom sellers.

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 05/30/15 05:31 PM

okay thank you very much.

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 05/30/15 08:04 PM

I don't know if it's available in your area or not but both Walmart and Gamestop has the boxed version listed for in store pickup. Walmart and here forGamestop

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 05/30/15 08:06 PM

Thanks, John! wave

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 05/30/15 09:29 PM

thank you guys very much, i brought it at walmart, but my husband freaked when i had to paid $70.00 to buy it. cool lab puppy

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 06/06/15 03:00 PM

CD Project RED has released patch 1.05 for PC. Bug fixes, of course, but here's something interesting:

Quote:

Adds a series of color-blind friendly features. Improves visibility of tracks, marks, footprints and scent clues. Color-blind friendly features can be enabled in the Options\Gamplay submenu.

http://www.destructoid.com/witcher-3-patch-ends-geralt-s-candle-lighting-obsession-293401.phtml

Nice to see a developer doing something for those of us (including me smile ) who are colorblind smile

Anyway, Geralt should also not be lighting every candle in his way now wink

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 06/06/15 05:38 PM

It's good to see that GOG is keeping up with the patches as well. They used to be the last to get them. I'm downloading my patch as I type.

I wish they would add a storage chest somewhere in the game. I've seen this request on some of the boards and it would be nice when you have stuff that you want to use but don't have the level for it yet.
Posted By: mcc

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 06/16/15 07:44 PM

I found the Following the Pellar quest very difficult, I had to go later in the game when I had better gear and was Level 10 instead of 6, part of the problem was that the hot spot to light the fires was not appearing always.

I am playing in PS 4 (did not want to risk not being able to play with the PC), I don't know if it is the same in the PC.

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 06/17/15 07:54 PM

I'm not sure which peller quest you mean. My most frustrating for the Peller was finding the *@#$ Goat.

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 06/20/15 11:36 PM

The quest where one has to keep 3 pillars lighten.

The goat was not coming to me either.

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 06/23/15 01:02 AM

This part is about romance and contains a spoiler, if you have not decided between Triss and Yen better avoid it

Click to reveal..
At the port I asked Triss to stay with me, in this game I had very little contact with Yen and I don't remember that much about the relationship with Yen in Withcher 1.

I can see that as a woman Yen looks more attractive to men despite I am a woman.

Later in the game I interacted with Yen and I was glad I had chosen Triss, I found Yen unpleasant, too opinionated, and I disliked her more when I told her I did not feel the magic anymore after the scene in the half ship on the mountain.

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 06/23/15 04:46 PM

Good choice. Thanks for using the spoiler tag thumbsup

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 06/23/15 07:39 PM

Well actually
Click to reveal..
you can romance both Triss and Yennefer in this game depending on your choices. If you choose both there's also a humorous episode towards the end where you get both of them at the same time

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 07/05/15 04:37 PM

old man, I watched the scene in Youtube rotfl

The fight against Imlerith is really tough, at least the second part but I don't see players here commenting on it. Maybe it was just me who found it so,

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 07/05/15 08:52 PM

Originally Posted By: mcc

The fight against Imlerith is really tough, at least the second part but I don't see players here commenting on it. Maybe it was just me who found it so,

That is probably the toughest fight in the game. You can look here for some tips on how to beat him.

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 07/06/15 04:11 PM

Thanks, Oldman wave

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 07/06/15 07:13 PM

Thanks oldman, I had already beaten him when I wrote the post, my fault not to make it clear.

The problem is that I am much better with guns than swords whistle

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 07/08/15 09:58 AM

Well I just finished my second play through and was able to get a different ending. This also changed a lot of the game in the final stages so your choices make quite a difference.

I am a little happier with this ending as
Click to reveal..
the first time through Ciri died and this time through she returned to Geralt. However she chose to be empress. I understand that there is a third ending where she chooses to remain a witcher with Geralt which I would have preferred. If I decide to do another play through (which I might) I will work to get the 3d ending

Anyway, as I've mentioned previously I really like this version and, since the original was in my top 3 favorite RPG's, this one is neck and neck if not even higher on my like meter.

They made the game very user friendly at least for those of us who always play on the easy level. Will probably catch up on a few Adventure games and then return for another round of this game. I'm rather addicted to this one along with Skyrim but have pretty much worn out my replays of Skyrim.

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 07/08/15 03:55 PM

Thanks Oldman, I'd like that ending better wave

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 07/08/15 05:56 PM

There'll be a new patch for this game released this week. Here are some of the improvements:

Quote:
A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.
A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player's map.
Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.

For the full changelog, please visit:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/52056-Patch-1-07-coming-soon-to-all-platforms!

ps: the patchs also fixes the way horses behave the game - somewhat wink

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 07/08/15 06:30 PM

Those will be great changes. thanks

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 07/08/15 10:32 PM

I was always over my limit ...

But I finished the game today and as far as I know there is not a game+.

I'll wait for a DLC.

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 07/09/15 09:52 PM

thumbsup

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 07/14/15 12:48 AM

Yes oldman,

Click to reveal..
I got the third ending - Ciri becoming a witcheress, even when her eyes are not witcher eyes, not yet anyway.
I watched the 3 endings in YouTube since I am not particularly interested in playing again without a game+ or to follow it with a DLC. I noticed that all endings are quite different from and even just before the explosion in the tower, not just the ending resolution.

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 07/18/15 07:13 PM

Well Patch 1.07 has finally arrived as well as the new look for Ciri. The patch is pretty big (2.04 GB) and with my DSL it will be a while. Such is the fate in living in a remote area where fast speeds are not available. The best I can get is 3.20 kb.

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 07/19/15 08:00 PM

Hope you can download it while you sleep wave
Posted By: Tracy

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 07/26/15 02:41 AM

Oh thanks Marian! It didn't occur to me to go there first-I guess I have been away a long time. lol

Tracy. : )

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 07/26/15 03:00 AM

Tracy, I moved you over...luck

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 07/27/15 09:39 PM

Thanks Looney! Got help at Glitches, and ended up buying a new laptop yesterday, so I finally was able to install it! It looks amazing--I've never seen such beautiful graphics in my life! They've come a long way just since Skyrim came out, and I'm blown-away by them. : )

So excited to be able to play this--my thanks to all you guys!

Tracy

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 07/28/15 04:44 PM

WooHoo, Tracy, so glad you are on a new journey now wave

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 07/28/15 05:05 PM

Thanks Looney!! smile

PS I have to add this. The main character is so handsome, and my only wish so far about the game is that I could play as a woman and have a romance with him. Mercy! lol lol

Tracy, swooning over a game character, realizing she needs to get a life. wink

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 07/29/15 03:38 PM

Geralt has been responsible for quite a few swoons wave

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 07/29/15 10:05 PM

There is a major glitch in the latest patch 1.07. In one of the quests, Skellige's most wanted, the werewolf won't die and you can't finish the quest. It doesn't seem to effect any other quests though. Hopefully CD Projekt will come up with a fix for it in the future.

Well I finally made it through another play through and this time I got the ending that I wanted. (My happy ending) happydance

Taking a break from Witcher 3 now and have returned to DA Inquisition since I can't find any new RPG's that meet my taste, but will be back to my old friend Geralt again.

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 08/21/15 11:32 PM

HI again everyone. I just wanted to post that even though I was finally able to get the Witcher 3 to run and stuff, I had trouble with gameplay and ended up taking the laptop back. One of the members at Glitches let me know that it was not nearly powerful enough, so back it went. : (

Hoping to save up for a really powerful computer in the next few weeks/months because now that I've seen a little bit of the game, I really am eager to finally play it! smile

Just wanted to say hi and thanks, plus give a little update. Thanks for all your help you guys.

Tracy

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 08/22/15 03:42 PM

Hope you get just what you need soon, Tracy wave

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 08/24/15 10:22 PM

In the quest the Ladies of the Woods, when deciding the fate of the spirit, in my opinion there is not winning solution

Click to reveal..
As I understand if the spirit is killed the baron can help the wife who hopefully will recover but the children are given to the witches, otherwise if the spirit is saved the children survive but the wife and the baron die. Is there a better option, or maybe I misunderstood something headscratch

Re: Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic Trailer and 2 reviews - 08/25/15 12:02 AM

Mcc, from what I can find out by Googling, there is not a better choice. sad
© 2024 GameBoomers Community