GB HOMEPAGE

Morrowind Elder Scrolls III

Posted By: Draclvr

Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 05/26/15 05:18 AM

After a few years being away, I loaded up Morrowind III on my Windows 8.1 computer. I don't have a lot of time to play, but am having fun building up my Dark Elf.

For the life of me, I can't remember how to bring up my current character stats. My right click menu just has 3 screens... all my items like weapons, apparel, magic etc., my powers, spells and attributes and the map.

What am I missing?
Posted By: Carolin

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 05/26/15 11:00 AM

In my game, I get the character stats by clicking on the three colored bars in lower left corner.

Caroline.

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 05/26/15 02:25 PM

Thank you, Carolin! Wow, I'm a level 14 Dark Elf already...
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 05/26/15 03:48 PM

Thanks, Carolin wave

You go, Drac! thumbsup
Posted By: Mad

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 05/26/15 08:46 PM

Ahhhhh ..... Morrowind ..... Fabulous !!!! I KNOW you will enjoy yourself, Draclvr laugh

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 05/26/15 09:01 PM

As many months and months I've had into the game in other playthroughs, I've never finished it. Thought I'd give it another shot even though I don't have much time to play this time of the year.

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 05/27/15 05:52 AM

I have only ever got to the end once.
And that was on a mammoth session that probably lasted well over a year because I was trying to complete EVERY quest - which I'm quite sure I didn't manage lol

I've played several times since - huge chunks of it - but never made it all the way through again smile

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 05/27/15 02:16 PM

I think I was still working when I tried to get all the way through last time. I've been retired for 6 years next month, so maybe this time I will get through it! My goal is to hit and clean out all the tombs and mines. It's a little daunting when I look at the on-line map of them!

Has anyone looked in to the updated graphics mods?

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 05/27/15 04:58 PM

luck
Posted By: RebKean

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 05/27/15 07:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Draclvr
I think I was still working when I tried to get all the way through last time. I've been retired for 6 years next month, so maybe this time I will get through it! My goal is to hit and clean out all the tombs and mines. It's a little daunting when I look at the on-line map of them!

Has anyone looked in to the updated graphics mods?

You'd better write down when you've cleaned out a mine or tombthen, since it respaws pretty quickly ... Now that I've written it down though, I immediately get insecure, haha, It's always like that. lol

I have never even managed to get the map all visible. I have a tendensy to start over Before that's done. Perhaps I don't play for a few months and when I come back I want a new character.
It's not a very good tactic if you ever want to finish a game, but perhaps that's just it?
I don't ever want Morrowind to end? Hmmm, what's up with that? sherlock

About the graphics, not sure what you mean? I looked at my favourite Elder Scrolls site, but did't see anything at first glance.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Morrowind

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 05/27/15 08:09 PM

Check it out here, Rebkean...

New Graphics Overhaul for Morrowind

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 05/27/15 08:38 PM

Thanks for the link. =)
It's not official and it's might be a bit complicated to install, but it would be very interesting if anyone have tried it of course. It looked nice so maybe that's something to try next ...

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 05/27/15 09:29 PM

I thought the same thing... I'd love to talk to someone who's tried it. I might install the game on my Windows 7 hard drive and give it a go there and see what happens.

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 05/27/15 10:06 PM

The game works great on my Windows 7. Not with the new graphics though, I need to be in the right mood when I want to learn something new. wink

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 05/27/15 10:28 PM

Same here, RebKean... same here! It's working great on my Windows 8.1 too.

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 05/27/15 11:17 PM

It's really great how some older games seems to work flawlessly on every new computer you get.
I'm thinking about Diablo 2 and Heroes of Might and Magic 3 for instance.
Also great games by the way. =)

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 05/28/15 12:06 AM

I've played both Diablos, but not Might and Magic. I Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction is another one I that start a new game every now and then and play for a few months.
Posted By: hagatha

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 05/28/15 04:28 AM

It's great to see people still playing Morrowind. It really is wonderful.

I completed the main quest and rule the Tong and the Thieves, but lost interest in the Great House quests, so I left it at that. I'm almost through Tribunal now.

Unfortunately, I made some stupid choices setting up my character, so I'm having trouble gaining any more levels -- but who cares? I'm level 45 with 100 in Marksman so pretty much nothing can get to me. Got my Boots, my Cuirass, my Levitation amulet, and my Deadric bow. Ahahahahahaahhahaha. devil

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 05/28/15 06:27 AM

Oh, my goodness! How long has it taken you to get this far?

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 06/19/15 04:19 PM

I guess I'm not stacking since it's been almost 3 weeks! Amazing what a few days of being stuck inside while tropical storm Bill dumps about 6 - 10 inches of rain on us - I'm now a lever 30 elf and working on all my Thief and Mage skills and duties.

I think I'm actually further along that I got the last time I played. I get SO aggravated with the two Mages in Vivec who are blocking the door downstairs and have called them some very unpleasant names! I've been so tempted to kill them!

I finally trapped an Ogrim soul and am now trying to figure out how to use it!

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 06/19/15 05:35 PM

Lol.....I think you found the silver lining wave thumbsup

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 06/19/15 05:49 PM

I believe you're right! I've got piles and piles of Daedric and green glass weapons and armor that I can't sell in about 3 different places!

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 06/19/15 09:29 PM

You've gotta find a vendor with more loot....lol

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 06/19/15 09:47 PM

Ooooooh !! I just LOVE Morrowind's green glass weapons and armour !! yay yay yay

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 06/19/15 09:53 PM

Unfortunately, Mud Crab only has $10,000 and Creeper only had $5,000. I can trick them into having more money, but it still isn't enough for Daedric weapons that are worth $50,000!

Mad, I have accumulated 3 green glass shields, 2 curiasses (sp.??) and more glass weapons than I can count!

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 06/20/15 12:26 AM

Brilliant !!!! And you will look so "fetching" wearing it all !! dance dance dance

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 06/20/15 04:04 AM

I do look awesome, Mad - I switch "views" now and then just to look!

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 06/20/15 10:23 PM

Hehehe !!!! I do that too !!!! rotfl

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 06/21/15 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Draclvr
Unfortunately, Mud Crab only has $10,000 and Creeper only had $5,000. I can trick them into having more money, but it still isn't enough for Daedric weapons that are worth $50,000!

Mad, I have accumulated 3 green glass shields, 2 curiasses (sp.??) and more glass weapons than I can count!

It's a bit of a hassle in the "beginning" until you have a lot of money and don't need to do this, but you sell him all thet's blow 10.000 and then you buy it all and sell him the really expensive stuff. Over and over and over until you run out of daedric stuff.
Or perhaps you already do that? In that case sorry for missunderstanding. oops

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 06/21/15 04:47 PM

No, I haven't been doing that RebKean... I have a ton of money, but I still hate having all this stuff laying around. I'm definitely going to start doing it! Thank you for the tip!

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 06/21/15 11:04 PM

thumbsup

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 06/22/15 03:21 AM

The question then becomes, what do I do with all that money! I've been using it to level up my skills...

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 06/22/15 10:40 AM

I wish I had that problem in real life, haha.
I usually use my different homes almost like museums when money is not an issue any more.
If you don't enchant items/armor yourself, you can use money for that.
I could live without my waterwalking-belt or levitation-robe for example.
And the last character I played used daedric armor, because of the extra number of enchantment-spaces.
I haven't got Morrowind installed at the mooment, so perhaps I'm forgetting something, but as I recall, enchanting is quite expensive.

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 06/22/15 03:01 PM

I now have an Ogrim soul trapped, a Golden Saint and something else which I can't remember. Now I just have to figure out how to use them! I use my water walking belt a lot, but don't have anything for levitation. I've been relying of rising-force potions, but I'm thinking that might be what I need!

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 06/22/15 06:48 PM

I remember my son talking about levitation. Go for it!

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 06/22/15 09:57 PM

I use a ring for levitation. But the best souls are the golden Saints, so try to get those trapped.
For the best info, look at http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Morrowind

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 06/22/15 10:39 PM

Thank you, RebKean! I see I'll have to do some reading up on this. I've been using the UESP Morrowind map quite a bit.

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 06/23/15 11:27 AM

Yeah, it's a great site for all kinds of information regarding all Elder Scrolls games. =)

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/12/15 03:04 PM

So I've beaten Dagoth Ur... Now what! Can I install the Blood Moon and Tribunal expansion packs?

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/12/15 03:17 PM

I believe so. I installed all at the same time the last time I played, but I don't see why not?
Be sure to read the readme or whatever, to be sure you're installing them in the right order.
There's a lot to do still, but I like finishing the main quest as soon as possible. It makes me feel free. wink

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/12/15 03:35 PM

What I might do is wait until I get Windows 10 installed to start testing games again.
Posted By: Rowan

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/12/15 04:10 PM

I've just started to wander around Morrowind again. Can't believe how poor and weak I am.

Draclvr, I have Tribunal and Bloodmoon installed from the beginning. The advantage of having it at the beginning of the game is that it invites an assassin attack. You get an excellent set of armour near the start of the game that way.

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/12/15 04:55 PM

"Draclvr, I have Tribunal and Bloodmoon installed from the beginning. The advantage of having it at the beginning of the game is that it invites an assassin attack. You get an excellent set of armour near the start of the game that way."

yes yes yes

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/12/15 08:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Rowan
Draclvr, I have Tribunal and Bloodmoon installed from the beginning. The advantage of having it at the beginning of the game is that it invites an assassin attack. You get an excellent set of armour near the start of the game that way.

As usual, you and I play the same way, using the same tactics. But MAN are those assassins tough to kill when you're just a measly-weasley level 3 rogue.

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/12/15 11:10 PM

Hagatha, I killed this assassin on level 1 by sheer luck. I had entered that cave near Seyda Neen and wanted to free the slaves in there. The assassin spawned inside the slave pen while I was outside the slave pen. I could jab him through the wooden fence posts. He could also hurt me but not chase me so I just exited the cave several times to regenerate my health. I eventually got his armour through persistence. I felt like I cheated somehow, but this situation does not normally happen and I agree that it is usually very difficult to kill those assassins. Now would you like to know how I got a glass armour set at level 5 or 6?

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/13/15 12:50 AM

Wow, I didn't get get glass armor until I was at least level 15 or so.

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/13/15 10:05 PM

Now would you like to know how I got a glass armour set at level 5 or 6?

Playing a rogue, perchance? A little bit light-fingered? In
Click to reveal..
Ghostgate?
grin

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/14/15 12:05 AM

You caught me! It takes a thief to know a thief. hug Game twins.

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/14/15 03:57 AM

Ha, ha! I king of wondered if that wasn't it! I really do like the thieves. I got as far as everything Gentleman Jim Stacy could give me. I need to go back to that and get it all!

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/14/15 03:52 PM

rotfl

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/14/15 04:46 PM

As soon as I can, I high-tail it over there for my glass armour.

After that I find I can just roam around fairly safely - especially after finding that all-important first piece of Deadric weaponry, be it a sword or katana or dagger. Steal a filled soul gem, enchant, and yer all set.

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/14/15 06:23 PM

Usually next on my to-do list is to find the Boots of Speed and obtain the Savior's Hide armour.

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/14/15 07:52 PM

This thread is making my Morrowind fingers VERY itchy !!!! eek

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/14/15 08:08 PM

I agree Mad!

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/15/15 01:08 AM

I recently finished my latest game of Morrowind. Sadly, I think I need to move forward, since I have many, many un-played games and should play those instead of travelling down memory lane so much. Iplayed 400 hours of Skyrim -- and never finished the main story line (computer crash and a move) so my next Elder Scrolls foray will be a brand new game of Skyrim. Not that this is a bad thing, obviously. But Morrowind will always be my favourite.

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/15/15 03:19 AM

rotfl As long as you are having fun and enjoying yourself wave

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/15/15 03:38 AM

Indeed, L4L! I'm thinking I finally need to get Skyrim.

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/15/15 09:43 AM

Being a great fan of The Sims, I really like the feature that lets me build houses and stuff in Skyrim. Oblivion also has it's charms, but the reason Morrowind is a real favorite is probably because it was my first. Love the Music also, and don't forget, the way you can so easy move food and other things around, making it easy to do those really necessary things like setting a table, hihi. =)

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/15/15 03:29 PM

The thing I like best about Morrowind is also the thing I like the least -- the absolute lack of accurate directions to get anywhere. Someone gives you a quest and tells you that it's over there, to the east, just past Mt. Somethingorother, and you spend the next three days looking for a cave, getting a huge amount of experience and loot along the way. Brilliant and frustrating.

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/15/15 04:37 PM

You've just put it into a nutshell, hagatha! I never did find the guy injured by nix hounds outside of Ald Rhun! His poor wife is still standing there.

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/15/15 04:43 PM

He's really close, that guy. Close to his wife that is. Just over a little hill or what you might call it.

And when I'm really stuck, I consult the great website I have linked to in an earlier post. Or was it another thread? There are really great maps to see exactly where stuff are. =)

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/15/15 05:30 PM

Unfortunately for all of the poor souls standing around waiting for help, I long ago stopped doing those quests; there's so much to do and see in Morrowind that I just can't be bothered - unless there's something good in it for me (like a certain pair of boots, for example).

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/15/15 06:12 PM

I've been using that UESP site to great advantage, RebKean! Yeah, I'm the same way with most of the idiots standing around, but that one bugs me!

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/15/15 06:39 PM

My least favourite things about Morrowind are cliff racers. mad Nothing worse than being lost in an ash storm looking for some cave that should be nearby but isn't and being constantly hounded by annoying cliff racers.

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/15/15 07:06 PM

I totally agree regarding these "birds". One good thing, at least before I have enchanted something with levitate, is that they give you an ingredient to make levitation-potions. But that's about it.

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/15/15 08:13 PM

I think I read once about a mod that took those away wave

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/15/15 08:19 PM

I also loathe the cliff racers... so very annoying.

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/15/15 08:39 PM

But they die sooo gracefully!

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/15/15 09:09 PM

Ha, ha! They do indeed, Rowan!

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/15/15 09:36 PM

One of my most used maps for Morrowind is the one by Wolfie .... HERE

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/15/15 10:25 PM

Haha, I can see why. When you're up there it's a sad thing that you only can use one "mark" at a time.
It's not fantasticly big but still, there's a lot of running in the snow.

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/15/15 11:12 PM

I'm not sure what you mean, RebKean.

You can enlarge any part of the map you fancy - to get a good sense of how to reach a location you might be searching for smile

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/16/15 07:56 AM

Well Mad, I can see why you got confused. It's not the best reply I've ever given, haha. smile
What I was thinking was that there's not many ways to fast-travel up there. You only have to ports and then you're on your own. In both Oblivion and Skyrim you can fast-travel to any city as you probably know. So therefore I wished that you could use the spells/scrolls "mark-recall" more than once. Well actually that's the only way to fast-travel. But I meant that there's no way at all to travel up there exept for the two ports in the South.

And because of that it's very thankfull to have a good map, that was my point.
This map is probably a lot like yours.
http://mwmap.uesp.net/

It's quite alright if you still don't understand me, I'm not exactly famous for expressing myself clearly. crazy

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/16/15 10:19 PM

RebKean.

I understand you NOW wink

I have that map also !!
In fact I have several excellent Morrowind maps.
[One just can't have too many !! lol]

Cheers.

Mad grin

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/17/15 08:17 AM

Hahaha, great! thumbsup
It really is necessary to use maps, at least if you want to complete all quests and find everything. Of course you can do it without maps, but it will probably cost you your sanity.

Now to something completely different, when I'm out in the wild I ususally change my view to third person. I found out though that this was not a good view when you use Argonian/Kajiit.
Haven't tried the Orc yet so I don't know how they are, but the animal races run really annoying.
The camera sort of shifts from left to right and might cause nausea to the player. wink

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/17/15 07:30 PM

Oh, I mostly stick to 1st person view - apart from the odd time when I need to admire myself wearing the green glass armour laugh

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/17/15 07:33 PM

Hehe, yes you have to admire yourself at some point. =)

I like to do it in the wild, because I see better what happens around me.
Sometimes I get almost claustrophobic when I can only look in one direction at a time, haha.
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/18/15 04:28 AM

OK, so I know I'm replying to a post from the first page of this chain, but hey, it's been awhile since I stuck my nose in the forum lol Plus seeing an Elder Scrolls topic will always make me join in. wink

On the subject of the updated graphics; This is part of what is known as the TESRenewal Project. Basically, a number of volunteer developers have been working to revise Morrowind in its entirety, leveraging the improved game engine that was used for Skyrim. In other words, all the attributes, character models, weapon models and landscapes in Morrowind will take advantage of the updated graphics from the Skyrim engine. Thus the nick-name "Skywind."

While one of Bethesda's selling points for Skyrim was the use of a "completely new graphics engine" the truth of the matter is that the same, but iteratively updated engine has been in use for Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. The actual developers are an European agency, Bethesda used the engine's coding tools, that have been continually updated, to modify it for each successive game. That's why that same group of volunteers are also working on "Skyblivion" a new version of yep, you guessed it, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

http://tesrenewal.com/

Speaking of Oblivion, there is currently a working version of Morrowind that was "Built-out" on the Oblivion version of the graphics engine. It's affectionately known as Morroblivion.

It's not the easiest install and is still fairly tweaky, but if anyone is interested in giving it a whirl here's the info.

http://tesrenewal.com/forums/oblivion/morroblivion-mod-releases/8114

Please note, for all of the above mentioned current and future versions you need to have legally obtained versions of the original games installed.

TM wave

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/18/15 05:32 AM

Trail, where have you been! So, although it's good hear from you, it's even better to hear about all the goodies you posted about Morrowind. One of these days, I'll actually have enough time to check it all out. Aren't retired people supposed to be looking for stuff to do, not buried under too much stuff to do!

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/18/15 03:07 PM

Hi ya, Trail wave

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/18/15 05:41 PM

Hi Trail_Mystic smile
Great to see you - and to hear about all these Morrowind innovations !! bravo

Cheers.

Mad grin
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/18/15 06:30 PM

Hey folks! I've been busy at work as usual (no rest for the wicked AKA I/T lol ) and relaxing with late night marathon gameplay sessions, but might be making more Darkside posts in the future. The company I've been working with for the last 20+ years is closing, so I may have some more time on my hands shocked

The fan base for TES games never ceases to amaze me, nor does the thousands of hours of gameplay I've put into those games blush so I was glad to see those volunteers taking advantage of the Skyrim engine for their past games. Now Bethesda needs to get moving on the latest TES game!

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/18/15 07:33 PM

Hey, Trail. Long time.

I was thinking about downloading and installing the tweak last time I fired up Morrowind, but then my head felt like it was going to explode when I read the instructions. I would love to see Morrowind in its Skyrim-style glory, though. Someday, I guess.

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/19/15 08:00 PM

Trail, sorry to hear your company might close, but we are always happy to see you here wave
Posted By: MaG

Re: Morrowind Elder Scrolls III - 07/19/15 08:28 PM

Trail,

The place is waiting. laugh
© 2024 GameBoomers Community