GB HOMEPAGE

Might and Magic VI

Posted By: Pokey

Might and Magic VI - 09/13/15 07:50 PM

I am in Free Haven and just got Expert Water Magic and bought Town Portal. It seems to only take me to the portal zone in Free Haven. To travel to other towns, will I need Master Water Magic? Also, after buying all this, I am pretty much broke. I sold everything I could. Any hints on getting some gold quick, other than killing enemies, which takes a long time?
Posted By: Mad

Re: Might and Magic VI - 09/13/15 10:52 PM

Have you already tried this ...... ??

If you have the Fly spell AND the Town Portal spell, go up on the roof of the Buccaneer's Lair in New Sorpigal.
You can warp to the Temple of the Gods from there - if you are agile enough !!

[I think this is like some kind of Easter Egg in the game.]

Just make sure you save immediately you are in a safe place on the roof because you will be attacked the instant you try to reach the Temple.

AND you can't leave the Temple (and LIVE) unless you have Town Portal spell to get you out.

Whilst in the temple, however, you have access to many valuables - for which you might have to fight, of course snicker

Re: Might and Magic VI - 09/13/15 11:25 PM

That sounds like a good use of the Town Portal spell. I think it might work. I see little hope of accumulating much wealth by other means. Thanks, I'll try it.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 09/14/15 04:43 AM

luck Pokey smile

Re: Might and Magic VI - 09/14/15 06:05 AM

It was rather tricky and took several tries before we got into the place. The Town Portal worked great. Sure glad I had it. My Knight didn't get an upgrade because he died entering. I may try doing it again from my save since I have no more Fly scrolls.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Might and Magic VI - 09/14/15 03:33 PM

luck

Re: Might and Magic VI - 09/14/15 07:35 PM

Glad you had a go, Pokey smile

It's not at all easy to get into the Temple but I found it to be well worth it. Even though it took me many, many tries rolleyes
Posted By: Kayc

Re: Might and Magic VI - 09/29/15 12:13 PM

Hi Pokey,
How are you doing with Might and Magic 6? I played it years ago and after your post, I decided to play it again. I don't remember such groups of villains ganging up on you. My group has died many times. I save every few minutes. I finally got Water and Air Magic to Master. Now I can use the Town Porter and Lloyd's Beacon and I haven't been to Silver Cove yet.
Kay

Re: Might and Magic VI - 09/29/15 04:37 PM

Hi Kayc
Nice to hear someone else is playing this great old game. I've played 7 and 8 and decided I should play 6, since it has good reviews. I am moving along now, clearing out the Temple of Baa in Castle Ironfist. I have done most of the other dungeons in the early areas and am heading to Silver Cove for the first time to do the Seer pilgrimage there. It was fun clearing out the pack of werewolves in Blackshire to get their chest full of gold. Hope to get my sorcerer to water magic master soon to make traveling easier.
Posted By: hagatha

Re: Might and Magic VI - 09/29/15 05:00 PM

I love M&M. I must have played VII five or six times, and VI and VIII at least four times. Great fun.

Enjoy!

Re: Might and Magic VI - 09/29/15 05:15 PM

Did you ever GO inside The Temple of Gods, Pokey ??

Re: Might and Magic VI - 09/29/15 05:45 PM

Mad, I'm getting ready to try it.
Thanks
Kay

It worked!!!!!!!!

Re: Might and Magic VI - 09/29/15 06:47 PM

I haven't and don't even know where it is, but I expect it is not a nice place to visit. I'll check it out..

Edit...I guess that is the New World Computing. I did visit quite a while ago and went through it

Re: Might and Magic VI - 09/29/15 09:00 PM

Yes. I think it might actually be called New World Computing .... It's the place that's full of game development staff lol

EDIT :

Maybe The Temple of the Gods is called The Shrine of the Gods ??
I've forgotten !!
Looks like I need to do yet another replay wink

Re: Might and Magic VI - 09/29/15 09:12 PM

hagatha, I love the Might and Magic series. Have played them several times. I bought Oblivion a couple of weeks ago and it really confuses me. So, I loaded up Might and Magic 6. I've played Skyrim and Morrowind but I don't think Oblivion is as good or it could be me. lol.
Thanks
Kay

Re: Might and Magic VI - 09/30/15 02:36 AM

The gargoyles in Silver Cove were weren't much fun but we managed to sneak in and get our personality bonus at the shrine. We did manage to kill a few, but think we will head back to easier pickings. My Sorcerer is a master in water magic now, so traveling is a lot easier. Hope to get enough gold to buy Lloyd's Beacon soon.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 09/30/15 04:39 AM

I've always wished for an updated MM game, something with all of the silliness and quirks but with better graphics. MM9 just wasn't it. I've started that one a few times and never seem to get very far before I abandon it.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 09/30/15 11:56 AM

I still haven't been to Silver Cove. I think you have to have some magic to fight one of the gargoyles. Maybe the Diamond? Getting ready to go to Blackshire to tackle the Werewolf's.
Kay smile
Posted By: Barb

Re: Might and Magic VI - 09/30/15 02:32 PM

The best way to fight the gargoyles, IMO, is Acid Burst. It's a water spell. It seems like I only had Ice Bolt at that time, so it might be best to avoid them.

I agree, Hagatha,M&M9 isn't one of the best & I think it's the hardest of any of the M&Ms. I've played M&M6 several times, & I think 7 is my favorite.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 09/30/15 03:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Kayc
I still haven't been to Silver Cove. I think you have to have some magic to fight one of the gargoyles. Maybe the Diamond? Getting ready to go to Blackshire to tackle the Werewolf's.
Kay smile

I found this out rather quickly. Only my sorcerer was effective against the diamond gargoyle, using fire spells. I need to get better offensive spells for my other magic users. The stone gargoyles were more vulnerable.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Might and Magic VI - 09/30/15 03:29 PM

For those of you wishing there could be more Might and Magic, I'm wondering if anyone has tried Might and Magic X: Legacy? It got pretty good reviews when it came out, and it seems like it might provide a good fix for Might and Magic fans.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 09/30/15 06:52 PM

I tried acid burst on the gargoyles and it didn't faze any of them. Is there anything other than fire that works on them?

Re: Might and Magic VI - 09/30/15 06:58 PM

Pokey, what kind of gargoyles? Some sites I looked at said spells like "harm" or fire, ice, or lightening bolt. This was for Diamond Gargoyles. They also recommended bows with elemental damage but not poison. luck

Re: Might and Magic VI - 09/30/15 07:18 PM

Thanks, Looney. I wanted to get something other than a fire spell for my other magic users. I see that acid is classified as poison, so they are immune to it. It is a good spell otherwise. It is mainly the Diamond Gargoyle that is the problem. The others can be hurt with physical damage.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 09/30/15 07:19 PM

I'm using lightning bolt on them. Works pretty good! I use the Acid Burst on just about everything else. Went to Blackshire and got the shield and went to the Lair of the Wolf to do some quests and it is full of slimes. Would you believe not one shop had a Magic Wand, so I left and I'm fighting the gargoyles too.
Kay smile

Re: Might and Magic VI - 09/30/15 07:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Marian
For those of you wishing there could be more Might and Magic, I'm wondering if anyone has tried Might and Magic X: Legacy? It got pretty good reviews when it came out, and it seems like it might provide a good fix for Might and Magic fans.

I bought this, and played it for a while before it just stopped being interesting. I can't recall why, exactly, but it lacked a certain something. Maybe I'll fire it up again one of these days, since it would still be on one of my laptops somewhere. But I do find that if I abandon a game the first time I play it, I never get back to it.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 09/30/15 07:26 PM

Thanks, hagatha - I was wondering if I should give the game a try at some point.

And now back to our regularly scheduled Might and Magic VI thread.... laugh

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/03/15 09:17 PM

I have a question about a quest. I was exploring the Temple of the Moon and then went to get the quest associated with it. I was only offered the quest for the Temple of the Sun. Do I need to do that first? If I finish the current one, will I get credit for it? I am at the last room and facing a horde of tough enemies, who heal if I leave the temple, which makes it very difficult.

Should I interrupt this quest and do the Temple of the Sun? It will be a full moon soon and I would like to finish if I could.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/04/15 01:36 AM

Pokey, I did the temple of the moon but Eleanor Vanderbilt didn't come at midnight, when there was a full moon. I haven't done the circle of Stones in Silver Cove yet to become a Great Druid is the reason, I guess. I have to wait until Sept. 23, game time, then in the Temple of the moon, I will become a Grand Druid. I sure hope I get credit for doing it before I got the quest.
Thanks
Kay smile

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/04/15 02:23 AM

Sounds like we are in a similar situation. I was thinking it was the Temple of the Sun when it was actually the Altar of the Sun. I just missed the date by a couple days. That looks like an easier quest and I think it will work out. I don't have a Druid but wanted the XP.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/04/15 04:08 PM

Thank goodness I got the quest, Pokey. It was finally Sept. 23. Then I came back and Eleanor Vanderbilt gave me the quest for the Temple of the Moon. Now I have to wait for a full moon again.
I am doing the quest in the Lair of the Wolf now and trying to stay alive. The Greater Werewolf (the ones in red) sure are strong. I keep the Town Portal and Lloyd's Beacon busy.
Kay smile

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/04/15 04:41 PM

Glad to hear it worked out. I have to wait 3 months to do the circle of stones, so will will work on other quests. I need to finish the Temple of Baa in Castle Ironfist.

I have a problem. I just bought the Fly spell and am not able to use it. I fly for about 5 seconds and then crash to the ground. I can't change the controls as there isn't any option to do so. Anyone have this problem before? It is going to make the game more difficult.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/07/15 06:17 PM

Has anyone used the Grayface patch? Do current saves still work and did you experience more crashes with the patch? I'm trying to solve the flying problem and being able to change the controls might work. It is not possible without the patch.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/07/15 08:49 PM

I'm using the Greyface patch. I have Windows 7-64 bit and it works great. No crashes or anything. I don't know how the saves work though because I used the patch and CD at the start of it. smile

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/07/15 09:22 PM

Thanks for the reply on the crashing. I'd heard that some had problems. I think the saves might be compatible, but need to get more information on it. I'm playing on a Vista laptop and had no problem till now.

Was it any problem installing on Win 7 64 bit? I might move the game to my desktop if I can't get fly to work.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/07/15 11:08 PM

There was no problem except I had to download winzip because Greyface's patch was a rar file. This is a new gaming computer so I hadn't downloaded winzip yet. Other than that I had no problems. I didn't have to set the compatibility mode or anything else. I'm flying around everywhere. I had the old Millennium edition of Might & Magic. smile

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/08/15 12:28 AM

I'm playing with a CD from the Platinum Collection, 6,7,8,and 9. I also have the big box M&M 6 that has a manual and a nice cloth map.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/10/15 06:26 PM

I cleared out Icewind Keep and got the Battlemage promotion. Now I want Master Bow for everyone. I tried getting into Kriegspire Castle, but it looks hopeless. The enemies are way too strong. Is there another way besides the teleport?

I didn't notice the pathway that shows on the map. Maybe that would be better.

That didn't go well either. Where is Desmond Weller? I thought he might answer the door. Do I have to go through the castle to find him?

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/10/15 10:06 PM

Hi Pokey, You don't have to go inside Castle Kriegspire. He is on the outside of the castle, but you have to fly up to second floor balcony to get to him. He is in the middle door and the doors at each end just have NPC's behind them. The way I get to them is, I teleport to Kriegspire, then take the path outside to the castle. Just don't go inside. I have gotten rid of the the villains outside the castle. smile
Kay

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/10/15 11:57 PM

Thanks, Kay. I hope I can fly far enough to get to him. There are a lot of nasties on the outside, but better than going inside. frown

How are you doing?

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/11/15 12:58 AM

I'm just trying to stay alive on this game. It's harder than I remember. Could be because I'm getting older. lol

I always teleport to Kriegspire, have each person drink from the fountain to add the 30 levels, go to Whitecap and drink to add the thirty to might, then have my Cleric who has learned Light, cast spells Day of the Gods, and Hour of Power. Then have my Sorcerer do the protection spells.

Then I'm off to New Sorpigal to the Temple to get healing. If i just need healing, I can do it at the temple for $10. each if nothing else is wrong. I'm off to do my fighting then. Using Town Portal and Lloyd's Beacon, it isn't hard. It's a lot to do but worth it to be a little stronger. smile
Thanks
Kay

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/11/15 02:27 AM

I'm going to have to pay 2000 gold to revive my Sorcerer, who was killed by a Minataur King. We can't travel anywhere but Blackshire without him and I'm not going to repeat the fight with the Minataur. It took forever running around the town.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/12/15 12:20 AM

I am at the Circle of Stones on June 21 as required, but nothing is happening. I clicked on the bench and then went to see the questgiver, but she was still giving the Alter of the Sun as the current quest. Any idea as to what is wrong? What should happen?

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/12/15 01:23 AM

Does it need to be later in the day? Just taking a stab in the dark here wave

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/12/15 01:46 AM

There are no other details, just on a solstice, which is June 21.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/12/15 02:29 AM

I've forgotten the details myself, Pokey, but is it definitely a "solstice" when you must attend and not an "equinox" ??

[In my notes I have the equinoxes as on 3/20 and 9/23 and the solstices as on 6/21 and 12/21.]

And is a specified time not stated .... like midnight or anything ??

[Probably no help - just throwing ideas around woozy]

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/12/15 02:53 AM

It says on an equinox or solstice, but June 21 is one of the dates listed. No special time stated. A thought....this is a promotion quest for a Druid and I don't have one in my group. I thought that honorary promotions would be possible.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/12/15 09:57 AM

Hi Pokey, It still works without a druid in your group. I don't have one either, but when I clicked, Loretta Fleise came to me in the circle and made all my group honorary Grand Druids. It was anytime on that day. Mine was Sept 23.
Did she visit you there while you were in the circle?

Then when I went back to see her she gave me the one for the Temple of the Moon. That one has to be at midnight.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/12/15 03:57 PM

Nothing happened when I clicked on the bench. I watched a couple YouTube videos of the event. Both got there a day earlier and used Rest to advance to the next day. Loretta showed up for both. I don't think that has anything to do with my problem. Very strange and I have no idea as to what might be wrong. I did have fun running through town and getting the Gargoyles stuck between the houses. Easy to kill then.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/12/15 05:10 PM

Did you click on the Ceremony of the Sun when you saw Loretta? I went back and loaded a save and if I didn't click on the Ceremony of the Sun while she was there, then when I went back to her she still gave me the quest again. When I clicked on it, she had something different to say.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/12/15 05:41 PM

Problem solved. I thought I had gotten the quest from Loretta, but it turned out it wasn't on my list and this was one you needed to see the questgiver before doing the quest. She did show up and I now have the Altar of the Moon quest.

Is there any way to know when the moon will be full?

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/12/15 05:59 PM

Glad you got that bit sorted, anyway, Pokey thumbsup

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/12/15 06:21 PM

On the game screen, its the last book on your right where you calendar is, It has a picture of a moon according to the date. It doesn't take too long for it to be full.

Hi Mad!!!!!

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/12/15 08:42 PM

Glad you got it solved, Pokey wave

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/13/15 05:08 PM

Hi Kayc !! lol

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/14/15 04:54 PM

I'm beginning to think I have no full moon in my game. It has been a month and I see all other phases but that one. I haven't made any trips of several days, so didn't miss it that way. I tried using Rest, but that didn't work.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/14/15 06:12 PM

Hi Pokey, I had a full moon on Feb. 15th, went down to a New moon Mar 2, then went back up to a full moon on Mar. 16th. So, I guess it takes a month, from full to full. I sure was lucky and it was on its way back up and didn't take long.

I'm in Castle "Darkmoor", with all the eyes. I hate eyes. They steal your spells that you have on and the only thing that really works with them is the spell "Acid Burst" part of the time.
Kay

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/18/15 04:44 AM

I finally got Bow Master for all my group. It wasn't too bad with a Lloyd's Beacon inside the volcano. I had to use Jump to get to the balcony since my Fly spell doesn't work. Maybe head to Snergle's Iron Mines or Lair of the Wolf next. Still no full moon but I have a New Moon now. Have you killed a dragon yet?

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/18/15 01:11 PM

No, haven't killed a dragon yet! They always come at me in groups and I'm just afraid to stick around, lol How are you making it with no fly spell? I use Lloyd's Beacon, Town Portal and Fly a lot! The Fly spell gets me out of a lot of bad situations.

I got Bow Master for my group and it just doesn't do as well as running up close to the villain and using the spell, Hour of Power for my group. Could be because, I use all the extra points in sword, now that I've mastered bow, plate, repair and disarm trap for my Knight and for my Paladin, bow, plate, spirit and body magic. I use all my points in sword now.

Great, now you have a new moon, your on your way back up to a full moon. I did other things while waiting for the full moon. With Lloyd's Beacon, I think Snergle's Iron Mine was a tad easier than Lair of the Wolf.
Kay smile

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/18/15 02:04 PM

How about the single dragon in the promotion quest? I am tempted to try that. The fly spell would have made it easier to get into the Kreigspire volcano, but I run past most crowds without taking too much damage. I am at Corlegan's Estate now and can't figure out where I am according to the maps I see. It is easier to use melee against ranged enemies, especially the mages. My bow does seem to do more damage since I made Bow Master.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/18/15 03:32 PM

I forgot about him. Yep, he wasn't so bad by himself. That was the one where Crusaders are promoted to Hero's. I got rid of the villains outside, then went in after him. I sure didn't do Castle Darkmoor yet! lol

Corlegan's Estate was really confusing. I finally made it through there.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/19/15 07:45 AM

I am terribly lost in Corlagon's Estate. I thought I pushed all the switches, but I can't get to the one that opens a door so I can get to the switch I can't reach. I think the switch at the top of the map controls it, but I can't get it to work. Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

Also, the moon just became full, so I have to get to the Temple of the Moon.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/19/15 12:34 PM

Hi Pokey, Did you jump into the well with no water? It's on the left side of the map. There's one switch down there. I have a save in Corlagon's Estate after I got the Crystal, if you want me to check something out.
Kay smile

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/19/15 03:45 PM

Kay, I thought of that well after I turned off my computer and went to bed. I will try that this morning. I'm sure that is the problem. I figured out how I missed the last full moon. I had a training session, not thinking that it took a week.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/19/15 05:54 PM

Corlagon is done. It took several tries but finally got to the switch I needed. Loretta finally showed up at the temple. I kept clicking on the crystal instead of the altar. On to new adventures!

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/19/15 06:06 PM

Well done, Pokey thumbsup

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/19/15 06:41 PM

Hi all! That's great, Pokey! Now we'll see what else we can get into. I'm still afraid of Dragonsands! lol

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/21/15 09:30 PM

I rescued Sherell from the Bootleg Bay temple. Seems like I was overleveled, since the enemies were no trouble at all. The lever on the altar gave me problems, but got by that. I don't think I will need the Fly spell. I was able to get to the Hermit's hut by using the Jump spell.

I'm going to try try taking on Longfang so I can get the Hero promotion and Sword Master.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/21/15 10:38 PM

I don't think you will have to have the fly spell, but it's sure helped me out. Yours will be just a little harder since you can't fly. I got might & magic 6 and 7 mixed up. I was thinking that the Silver Helm Outpost in Misty was the guild in 7, so I put it off till later. Imagine my surprise when I finally visited it. lol

I don't think you will have any problems with the one Dragon.

I'm still in Castle Darkmoor now with all the eyes. Eyes and more Eyes. They don't stay down where your at, but go up to the ceiling. They move away when you get close, They take away all your spells, so I don't even bother to use the spells anymore while in the Castle.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/22/15 12:26 AM

I don't know about the dragon but the mob outside is giving me fits. They just keep coming, no matter how many I kill. I'll have to rethink my strategy or get a lot stronger.

Edit...Later I cleared out the town and area in front of the cave but several townsfolk died, hurting my reputation, which I am trying to increase to saintly, so will try it again.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/22/15 11:31 AM

I went through the back of the town and over the hill to the front of The Dragon's cave, if you have the towns villains gone.

The quest to get all the stable prices lowers the Saintly reputation too, so does selling bones, and donating at the Temple of Baa. I though I was never going to get a Saintly reputation, but I finally did. Each time you get the quest done, the reputation goes up some.

Well, the eyes are all gone and I have the Memory Crystal and the Book of Liches is Destroyed. Whew, I'm glad I don't ever have to go there anymore. Could Dragonsands be as bad? lol

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/22/15 04:27 PM

I ran from Bootleg Bay, found a safe place on the waterfront south of town, set a beacon and waited for enemies to come from town. Then went up the west side of town and cleared out the rest at the cave. I am not able to do much damage to the dragon with spells or bows. Got him down to a small amount of red one time. I looked for the Implosion spell, but no luck yet.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/23/15 02:37 AM

Found the implosion spell but it wasn't that effective on Longfang. The Ice Bolt, which seemed weak before, was now doing 40-60 damage at times. It was close, but we defeated him. May try Temple of the Sun, since it looks like a simple layout.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/23/15 12:09 PM

The quest to become Cavalier is very easy. You just have to look out for Archers on your way. Then, you will master Sword and can have two swords instead of one. My Knight and Paladin always carry two swords each, one in each hand when doing a quest. lol

I think you can do any quest in Bootleg Bay now that you've mastered Sword. In the Temple of the Sun, look out for the Minotaur King. He will be in the last room with the treasures by himself.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/23/15 08:53 PM

I'm already a Cavalier and my Knight is using a sword and a spear. My sorcerer has two daggers. I just realized I can enchant weapons if they are good enough. I have double dragon damage on my magic bows and poison on the precision. All of my weapons are enchanted now except the sorcerer's daggers. I'm nearly broke, so need a quest with cash. Looks like Dragoon's Keep is the most likely.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/26/15 02:03 AM

Dragoon's Keep was a slow slog but I picked up a lot of gold and was able to train a few levels and buy spells. Temple of the Sun was a lot quicker, though the Minataur King was tough.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/26/15 09:33 AM

Yay! Your doing great! Have you been to Castle Stone in Frozen Highlands yet? The quests that you get there are easier, but since you aren't able to fly getting there is going to be super hard. Those Magyar are tough and the harpies keep getting you with their spells. If you go north from Free Haven you are on the right side to run to Castle Stone, but you will need to get past the Magyar that are tough. You pass the Shadow Guild on the way there.
I just don't know how you are going to do it, without flying.

You will get the quest to find the Prince of Thieves and bring him back. You will find a message in one of the chests in the Shadow Guild that he's in the sewers of Free Haven. At Castle Stone you also get the quest to promote your Cleric to Priest. It is very easy.

I'm in Dragonsand now, at the Tomb of Varn, but haven't killed any dragons yet! lol

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/26/15 04:19 PM

Going to Castle Stone from the west is pretty much impossible. If you check the map, there is a path from Silver Cove. I ran and avoided the mobs and made it with no damage. I have set a beacon there now, so it is easier. I wish I could have more beacons. My Cleric just made high priest and got her Light Magic Master.

I am planning on doing that Shadow Guild next so I can do the sewers. I wiped out the Gargoyles in Silver Cove, mostly using Starburst. Works great.

Have you found any decent daggers? The ones my Sorcerer is using are puny.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/26/15 07:04 PM

The only one I've found is Mordrad. The guy who gave me the quest in New Haven gave it to me after I did the quest. My Sorcerer is using it and a cheap one. The other one only cost 200. So it's cheap. Haven't found any more. I'm still looking!

Congratulations on making it to Castle Stone. I didn't think you could do it. Yay!

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/28/15 05:53 PM

I wasn't able to do the Shadow Guild in Frozen Highlands. The doors won't open. I went ahead and did the sewers anyway and the Prince of Thieves was there. There will be a similar problem in Castle Kriegspire, but nothing of importance behind that door.

I sold Mordred since I needed the gold. It wasn't terribly impressive anyway. I don't think there are any great daggers in the game, but my sorcerer relies on spells. I can do the stables quest now that I have Light Magic Master and not worry about getting a bad reputation.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/28/15 07:11 PM

Sounds like fun!

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/28/15 08:03 PM

Hi looney4labs! It has been fun except yesterday I bought the New Mystery case File: Key to Ravenhearst and I've been playing it. Just happens once a year! lol I still love my Might and Magic games.

Pokey, you are doing much better than I thought because of not being able to fly. I missed the Shadow Guild and getting the Jewelled egg from Castle Kriegspire the last time, but with the GrayFace patch, it was open this time and I was able to do both. You're right, they didn't matter very much.

I will catch up as soon as I get done with this new game. It only last about a day. smile
Thanks
Kay

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/28/15 08:45 PM

Kayc, that happens to me too. I'm just glad you are having fun!

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/31/15 04:37 PM

I walked around the shoreline from town to the mine in Mire of the Damned, clearing all enemies. Then after I finished the mine and teleported to a town to sell my loot and returned, the area had reset and the mobs were back! That was disappointing.

We are at level 35 now. Haven't been to Darkmoor Castle yet. Probably will do Snergle's Caverns and Monolith next. I did find a good mage's dagger in the mine.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 10/31/15 10:52 PM

Hi Pokey! Wait until you have to go to Castle Darkmoor after the Crystal Memory and do the other quest while your there because you don't want to repeat that one. lol I just set Lloyd's Beacon ever so often as I went through because the place was confusing.

I still haven't found a good mage's dagger yet. I'm still in the Tomb of Varn. It's a brighter place than some of the other places I've been to.

The monolith was a little easier than Snergle's Caverns, but you have Lloyd's Beacon to set behind the area where the Dwarf's come at you from both ways and you are in the middle. smile

Re: Might and Magic VI - 11/02/15 10:13 PM

Kay, thanks for the advice on Castle Darkmoor. I didn't think that Snergle's Caverns was hard but it was tedious with so many dwarves. I don't know how teams with four Knights manage to do it.

I was having a lot of trouble with Devil's Outpost, then I realized I only needed to get the scroll and the Devil holding it was right in front of me. Disposed of him and grabbed the scroll and fled. I am at the Monolith now.

Edit....actually, I am in Silver Helm Stronghold. Went to the wrong place "west of SC".

Re: Might and Magic VI - 11/04/15 11:42 PM

Well, I'm still looking for the Control Tube in the Tomb of Varn. This place is huge and lots & lots of Genies and Guardians of Varn. I'm looking for all the codes too. I have half of them now. The codes are on scrolls like you get messages from people on.

I ran on through the room and around the corner where you use the codes, with all the Guardians of Varn and Genies looking at me like I'm crazy. lol That way I got them to come after me just a couple at a time. I save often, because I seem to die a lot. After I get finished here I may try a Dragon, then if I'm lucky I'll try the Cave of the Dragon Riders. I will definitely save first.

I think the Monolith and the Silver Helm Stronghold was about the same, unless you can't get there because of flying. I don't remember the outside of the places. smile

Re: Might and Magic VI - 11/06/15 02:02 AM

I am liking the look of the Monolith so far...green grass, trees and flowers and the enemies aren't so bad. I believe the game was designed to be played without using Fly. I haven't had a problem yet. Crossed the mountains near the Werewolves Lair to get the obelisk. Fly would make it easier and I could move a lot faster.

I found a Mage Dagger in a shop on the north side of Free Haven.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 11/08/15 01:37 AM

Hi pokey, Thanks for the information about the dagger. Found one there too, much better than one of the ones my Archmage was using. I think you're right about the flying, but it sure is easier. Well, I found the Control Cube in the Tomb of Varn, after finding all the codes and using them.

I'm now in the Cave of the Dragon Riders. I've cleared out two of the tunnels and it got bad. I set up a beacon in the cave and when my Health or Mana get too low, I Town Portal out to New Sorpigal and heal up at the Temple and back in a few minutes. Thank goodness I had saved because the tunnel I just went down was so bad I just quit. lol

Re: Might and Magic VI - 11/09/15 09:59 PM

I am in the Warlords Fortress now. I have the quest item but the enemy is tough. I've killed three or four Cuisinarts, but I see at least two more ahead. This will take a while, but lots of treasures to be found. I have some great plate armor.

I finally got what I needed and got out of there. It is funny how the Cuisinarts will turn and run when down to a smidgeon of health. You have to chase them down. I'll return later and clean out the remaining rooms.

Kay, have you found any really good armor for your sorcerer? On YouTube, I saw some neat blue armor found in Mire of the Damned. I didn't get any.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 11/11/15 08:40 PM

The Warlords Fortress is hard to do. Plenty of loot there though. My sorcerer has blue armor that has a 19 cold resistance. I was looking for maybe fire or lightning resistance, but I haven't found it yet.

I'm finally done with Cave of the Dragon Riders. There's lot of Cuisnarts in there too. It doesn't have a quest for it, but lots of loot and plate armor.

I only have a quest about getting the scroll from Archibald in the royal Library. I guess the other two places is the Control Center and the Hive. I went to look around in the Control Center and they look like Christmas ornaments that float in the air. They aren't, because they shoot at you. lol

The dragons around New World Computing in Dragonsand are just too many together to get. I got 3 by themselves and that did it for me. I'll stick to the quests.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 11/12/15 11:49 PM

I assume you found the blue armor in a chest. I don't think it is for sale anyplace. I have been searching for Shared Life and Golden Touch spells, but no luck. Seems like they would be useful.

I did finish the Ethric's Skull quest. The dungeon seemed rather empty.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 11/13/15 05:58 PM

Hi pokey, My Cleric has Golden Touch but I don't have Shared Life. My Cleric and Paladin both have Power Cure instead of Shared Life and use it a lot. The way I do it when looking for a certain spell is, after I'm away from town the five days, I go back to Free Haven and save before I go into the shop. That way I keep on reloading the save until the spell I want is on the shelf.

The Tomb of Eric isn't too bad, and they have good loot in their chests. They all seem to run away when their health gets low. If you have to leave for your health and Mana, they get all their health back. So, my sorcerer sometimes has to get them before we leave and when my health is too low, I usually just leave. lol

Have you gotten to go visit the Oracle in Free Haven yet?

Re: Might and Magic VI - 11/15/15 06:23 AM

I have both Golden Touch and Shared Life now. Didn't take long to find them. I used Shared Life and it didn't seem to parcel out the health very fairly, but it helped. My Knight always has a lot to spare. I am in Gharik's Forge now. I finally got by the bridges and am about to enter the final room. I hope to visit the Oracle after this quest, or maybe one more.

I did visit Dragonsands and hope to get the oblelisk there before to long.

I've had enemies move to the back of the room or behind others when low on health, but this was the first time I had to chase a Cuisinart all over the fortress.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 11/15/15 11:46 PM

I can just see you chasing the Cuisinart all over the place. lol Your right, they usually go back of the room or behind others so you can't shoot them.

I'm in the Control Center now trying to fight off these units. The Terminator Unit is bad! It eradicates you! I left the center because my Cleric and Paladin were both eradicated. You know no Temple would help them! I had to go back to a save because of it and later found out just Free Haven Temple would heal them. I had gone to 3 others. Not Free Haven!

Gharik's Forge is a hard one. I'm sure you'll make it. I think you have to do the Superior Temple of Baa before you go visit the Oracle. You have to have Perception to expert for the one who wears the coat. I had my Knight wear it.smile
Thanks
Kay

Re: Might and Magic VI - 11/16/15 06:10 PM

Glad to be out of Gharik's Forge, though it wasn't as bad as I expected. I have the Resurrection spell, so am ready for the Terminator. I have been picking up every protection spell I can find.

The Superior Temple of Baa looks to be another huge place, but more room to run. smile

Re: Might and Magic VI - 11/16/15 08:07 PM

Hi pokey, My Cleric and Paladin both had the Resurrection spell, but they were eradicated, so they couldn't use it.
Just be sure and save a lot. The Terminator Unit seem to pick on them because they had the spell. lol The other two Units that's there isn't so bad.

The protection spells really help too. I use them all the time.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 11/21/15 08:48 PM

Well, still at the Supreme Temple of Baa. So many rooms to clear, it gets tedious, so took a short break. Then portaled out to train, get spells, do pilgrimage, etc. I deleted a couple Lloyds Beacons in the process, so have to walk back to Kriegspire. I hate to say how many times I've done that. frown Heading back to finish up.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 11/22/15 12:56 PM

Hi pokey, I'm in the Hive now. Lots of devils! One of them steals your Mana. I'm not sure yet which one's does it. Think it's the Devil King. Also, you can not set your beacon up inside the Hive. You have to clear a place to set it outside the Hive. You can still use Town Portal though. I always Town Portal out to New Sorpigal, get healed at the temple, then back again.

I'm learning. lol I've deleted a few of the Beacons that way too. Now, I save before I get training, just in case.
Thanks
Kay

Re: Might and Magic VI - 11/28/15 03:51 PM

Hi Kay,

I did the same thing. It would be a lot easier if you could set Lloyd's Beacon inside the Hive. Did you have the bug that lets you get unlimited gold in the desert! I got the GOG version & they had fixed that bug!

I think it's time for another go at this game. I think I'll use my original disks so I can get that bug!

Barb

Re: Might and Magic VI - 11/28/15 07:15 PM

Hi Barb,

We had some good times playing Might and Magic games. Jump in. It will be fun to do it again.

I finished the Werewolf Lair....what a lot of wolves, but I picked up a ton of gold! Heading to Temple of the Snake next. Should I be doing anything with the Oracle, or is that later? How can I get a notorious rep? If I use Armegeddon on the townsfolk, will the shops still deal with me? Will the survivors try to kill me? How else can I lower it?

I usually delete beacons by clicking on set instead of recall. Really annoying!

Re: Might and Magic VI - 11/28/15 08:25 PM

Hi Barb, No, sad to say, but I have the Millennium Edition and used Grayface's patch, so I didn't have the bug. I could have used it too! lol

I'm done with it now. Going to rest up before I start another Might and Magic.

Hi pokey, I don't know whether you can get notorious after you get the light Magic. I haven't tried that yet! I do know that I tried to not pick up any bones and not donate at the Baa Temples. If you use Armegeddon, the shops still let you shop. Just make sure no one is on the outside that you may need later on.

The Oracle just gives you your last few quests. If you have other quests to fill, do those first.
Kay

Re: Might and Magic VI - 11/30/15 03:02 AM

I need help in the Temple of the Snake. I can't kill the Gold Dragon. I can get him to about 1/2 health, but then we are about dead and can't leave to heal or he regenerates health. frown

Re: Might and Magic VI - 11/30/15 04:30 AM

I found this on YouTube. No idea if it would be of any help, though. wave

Re: Might and Magic VI - 11/30/15 05:25 AM

Thanks, Marion. I am fighting him up on the walkway but can't do much damage. Maybe I'll try getting him stuck, but he doesn't seem inclined to chase me. smile

Finally got him with a shred of health left.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 11/30/15 10:59 AM

Yay! pokey, you got him. After you clear out the place, see if you can get Q:Boss. He is behind the wall in next to the last room. If you can get him to go to the left and then you get behind the candle that's on the wall on the left, his spells doesn't touch you, The candle stops it. You can hit him and he can't touch you. I warn you, he
has lots and lots of hit points. I just kept hitting him with swords and finally did him in. lol

Be sure and save before entering the room!
Kay

Re: Might and Magic VI - 11/30/15 03:51 PM

The gold dragon is vanquished - way to go, Pokey! bravo

Re: Might and Magic VI - 11/30/15 05:56 PM

WOWEE !!!! thumbsup thumbsup

Re: Might and Magic VI - 12/01/15 08:34 AM

Finished the Temple of the Snake. Q cooperated, though it took a while to whittle him down. I don't think it would be possible to kill him without that trick. I am in the Fire Lord Temple now and it looks rather confusing.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 12/01/15 01:56 PM

You even got Q, that's great! Plenty of experience!

You will do fine in the Fire Lord Temple. Just jump into the holes at the beginning. There are 8 of them, I think. You may not need to jump into all 8 depending on how they circle around. Also in some of the rooms is a circle hole in the floor that when you jump into it, leads to the big room with 4 doors and more holes in the floor. The room with the circle hole, is in the room just before you get to the room with the chest and doors.

I just followed the sound of the villains, opened all chests, and any doors. There is plenty of stonefaces on the wall that when clicked on they take you up to the beginning so you can jump into another hole! lol
Kay

Re: Might and Magic VI - 12/02/15 08:57 AM

Done with the Temple of the Fire lord and very happy to leave the place. I'd rather be fighting than wandering mazes. Looks like Castle Darkmoor is next. I'm sure it will be a lot tougher. I'll do the two quests at once so I don't have to go back.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 12/02/15 06:46 PM

Pokey, I like to combine quests too. luck

Re: Might and Magic VI - 12/03/15 01:08 PM

Hi looney, I like to combine quests too! Especially this one!

Oh no! Castle Darkmoor with all the eyes! You won't need your protection here because, the eyes always take it away. Finally I didn't even do the protection after a little while in the castle. lol
Good luck!

Re: Might and Magic VI - 12/04/15 01:38 AM

I'll be aware of that then. I've been trying to finish up the Obelisks and get the reward. Hermit's Isle and Dragonsands have hordes of enemies near it, but if you try from a different direction, it's easier. Still have a few to do but they should be easier. I took the ship to Hermit's Isle and met hordes again when it docked. I just left, but I know I have to go back for a quest.

In the area of the Blackshire Obelisk, I found some chests that had the best bows and a better dagger than I had. Wish I had found them earlier.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 12/04/15 05:55 PM

Yea, better stuff! happydance

Re: Might and Magic VI - 12/05/15 01:01 PM

Hi pokey! I sure didn't find any better bows or daggers! It's random what they have in the chests. I even went back to see if I could find any better than I have. Sure wish I could have found them.

My bows just don't do hardly any damage even when I mastered it! I find that just running up on them and using swords does better than any. Sometimes that just isn't possible! lol

I still think the Castle Darkmoor quest was the worst, though not as deadly as some of the others, that's why I saved it to do later on.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 12/06/15 03:02 AM

We had one stellar bow till we found three in the two chests at Blackshire, plus the better dagger. Don't use the bows much but will come in handy. Found the blue leather armor I have been looking for in the chest in Paradise Valley that requires telekinesis.

We cleaned out the Titans in and near the town and got Dark Magic master. I like to use the Shrapmetal spell up close.

Heading out to get the crystal at Hermit's Isle, since it seems easiest.

The temple has to be easier than the land surrounding it. This is going to take a while to clear out some of the horde of enemies.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 12/07/15 11:37 PM

Hi pokey, Your doing great! I have never gotten the dark magic and sure would like to try the spells. Did you get the light Magic and then the Dark Magic in the same game? Next time I will try the Dark! What are the best spells?
The Paralyze in Light Magic never worked for me. I could have been using it on the wrong villains too.

I haven't killed any Titans either. I only went to Sweet Water twice. Once to see the Obelisk and next time, the Hive.
Thanks
Kay

Re: Might and Magic VI - 12/08/15 08:11 PM

Yes, I got Light Magic first, then it is very easy to get Dark Magic. I had to wipe out a couple towns. I like Shrapmetal a lot. It really worked well against the Titans and the Hydras. Dragons Breath does a lot of damage but is expensive to use. Toxic Cloud works pretty well. Haven't tried Dark Containment because it is so expensive. Will save it for a good time. I don't have Paralyze. I tried the one spell scroll I had but it didn't seem to do much.

Done with Hermit's Isle and am at Castle Alamos now. So many rooms with enemies but no loot or anything of value, so I am going to skip some of them and move along.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 12/08/15 08:42 PM

Ahhh, but what if one of the rooms you skip has the most incredible loot in it? lol wink

Re: Might and Magic VI - 12/08/15 10:10 PM

Looney, I am not too worried about that. The loot has been pretty punk, especially this late in the game. Who wants a $15 beginner dagger that you would never need when you have over 500K gold? I can always go back if I missed an important item.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 12/11/15 06:25 AM

Well, I finally finished Castle Alamos. If the other two crystal locations are harder than it, I think I will rest up for a while. Such a huge dungeon. Hard to find your way around and so many huge rooms with hordes of enemies. Not much in the way of interesting loot either. There aren't many upgrades of weapons or armor in the game.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 12/11/15 12:51 PM

Yea pokey! You've got two of them, two more to go before you have all the Memory Crystals. In Castle Kriegspire, just don't go into the four rooms that are together, while running away from the villains! Do them one room at a time. With the Minotaurs, I had to leave and come back, then they were different places and not all together. I could get them that way.

Thank you so much for the information about having Light Magic and being able to get Dark Magic too! Will try that next time.

Your right, there isn't much of the better weapons or armor to find, but I got just a little better each time I found good loot. I never found any better armor for my Sorcerer, so he still had the blue armor with the cold resistance. After you rest Good Luck with the other two.

I finished with everyone's level at 82.
Thanks
Kay smile12

Re: Might and Magic VI - 12/11/15 08:57 PM

Kay, thanks for the tip on Kriegspire. I found that when I returned to the dungeon at times, things had changed. Some Mages and Elementals had disappeared. I may try portaling if I get in a tough spot. When I ran down the fireball tunnel, I landed on top of a mob of Magyars. I had to kill a few to be able to move.

My troops range from 60 to 70, due to some items that raised levels.

Guess I'll take a look at Darkmoor.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 12/13/15 03:11 PM

Hey guys! I decided to play this one, but I'm not very far yet. What are you going to play next? M&M7 is my favorite.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 12/13/15 05:32 PM

Hey Barb! Glad to see you decided to play. How many times does this make? It is my first and M&M7 is my favorite. I am past the first large section and am at the second switch. The eyes are not so annoying except that there are so many. I visit the Kriegspire fountain to make up for their taking away my protective spells. So far, I like Darkmoor more than Alamos. It is not so confusing.

Let us know how you are doing. Where are you now?

Re: Might and Magic VI - 12/13/15 10:56 PM

Hi Pokey,I'm just now doing the Dragoon Keep to get Mordred. I can use that money to get Lloyd's Beacon, Fly, and Master in water magic. This is only the 3rd time I've played M&M6. I think I played 7 about 20 times.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 12/14/15 07:18 AM

Finished Darkmoor. It wasn't that bad, just a lot of Eyes and Liches to kill, so it gets a bit tedious at times. It wasn't hard to find my way around. I'm at Castle Kriegspire now. I'm afraid these Minataurs are going to be harder to bring down. My gang went up three levels after Darkmoor.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 12/14/15 01:44 PM

Hi pokey, Yea! You're finished with Darkmoor. Glad you didn't think Darkmoor was too bad. I sure didn't like it when all those eyes kept taking my protection and anything to do with magic away. Also, it was more confusing to me.

I bet you would do good in the Cave of the Dragon Riders in Kriegspire. There aren't any quest for it but the dragons drop good stuff when you kill them and it's more experience.

Hi Barb, So glad you could join us! Let me know when you are ready to do Might and Magic 7!!! I'm ready to do it again. lol12

Re: Might and Magic VI - 12/15/15 03:34 PM

I'm ready any time! After playing M&M6. I realize how much better they made the game for M&M7. I have a long way to go in 6!

Re: Might and Magic VI - 12/16/15 02:43 AM

I have all the crystals now. Kriegspire wasn't as bad as I thought it might be, though the Minataur Kings are tough. I did find another blue leather armor in a chest. It has +16 armor, so I swapped for my +23 intelligence. I'm off to Dragonsand now.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 12/17/15 09:24 PM

Good luck in Dragonsand pokey! I'm glad that Kriegspire wasn't too bad. Now, you are going for the Control Cube in the Tomb of Varn. At least the place isn't dark. I kinda liked it, but I had played it once before.

Well Barb, I rested up, so loaded Might & Magic 7 on the computer and I'm on Emerald Island, getting the things together and I found out I don't have enough strength to kill a rat. Boy, I sure need to get a lot stronger. lol12

Re: Might and Magic VI - 12/18/15 09:39 AM

Looks like I will be a long time in Varn. The big room past the first pools must have at least 50 enemies and each takes a while to kill and I'm making many trips to the healing temple. It gets to be rather tedious. I hope there aren't many more rooms like this.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 12/18/15 01:03 PM

Hi pokey, I ran on through the room, stood in the pool for a second, then around the corner where they could not see me. They only came two or three (up close) at a time around the corner. There is on down from the corner a couple of rooms with a pool in the middle of them that is full of Genies, but if you go down each room just enough to open up two or three genies at a time you can do it. smile12

Re: Might and Magic VI - 12/18/15 07:15 PM

luck

Re: Might and Magic VI - 12/18/15 08:23 PM

I ran through the big room and left most of them behind. I am heading for the rooms around the pools and the Genies. Thanks for saving me from some boring fighting.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 12/19/15 06:21 PM

pokey, I hate to tell you this, but you have to go in the big room again after you find all the codes. You have to visit all the little pools around the big room to give them the codes and the main one you do last. You have to jump in the round hole that's on the side of the 5 little pools for the last one. Sorry!

Re: Might and Magic VI - 12/19/15 07:50 PM

luck Pokey :wave:

Re: Might and Magic VI - 12/19/15 07:59 PM

Hey, Looney wave12 I'm making progress....slowly.

Kay, I kinda figured that was the case. I pulled some out with me and got rid of them, so fewer to kill. I could run through again and pull them into cleared halls where there wouldn't be a crowd shooting at me. I don't recall later M&M games having mobs like this. I cleared out the Genies and moving on.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 12/21/15 07:01 PM

Done with Varn finally. I had a hard time finding the Water Temple key. Strangely, when I opened the back door, there were no enemies inside the huge area. Not a one! Lucky me. I made the mistake of using nearly all my skill points during Varn and found that I don't have enough for Blasters, so I went to Paradise Valley and killed some Titans. They go down pretty quickly with melee.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 12/21/15 07:29 PM

Progress is progress and I'm always slow too. You are just getting a lot out of the game happydance12 wave12

Re: Might and Magic VI - 12/30/15 10:03 PM

Christmas break is over and time get back to the game. We just entered the Control Center and found a blaster. Going to need a few more as the robot patrols are tough to kill. We do at least have expert blaster skill including one at master. Heading south to see what we can find...hoping for more blasters.

later....found 1 rifle and two blasters. Time to get masters in blasters for all.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 12/30/15 11:36 PM

Go get 'em thumbsup12

Re: Might and Magic VI - 12/31/15 01:21 AM

Hi pokey,
You should find plenty of blasters and rifles if you can get by the robots. I did a lot of running away when the large brown robot was near because you were eradicated if his spell worked. I think I found 8 blasters and 3 rifles all together. You have done great and not being able to fly too.

I'm doing Might and Magic 7 now and your right about them all ganging up on you in 6. I've haven't come across as many at one time in 7. I don't think I can do the light and dark both in 7 because of the way it's done. Your either good or evil. lol12
thanks
Kay

Re: Might and Magic VI - 01/01/16 04:26 AM

I have 3 rifles and 6 blasters and hope to find 1 more rifle. Then I will probably leave since I see no purpose for us to be here except to get blasters. Strange that at times the blasters have no effect on the robots. If you move to a slightly different location, it does work.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 01/01/16 06:19 PM

Blocked by terrain, Pokey?

Re: Might and Magic VI - 01/01/16 07:05 PM

No. Standing in a hallway with a clear view of robot, I fire repeatedly, but no damage. This one I just left, but others in a room I couldn't damage until I moved a few feet, although I had a clear view. It didn't happen often but it was strange.

Later....found the 4th rifle and will head to the Hive.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 01/03/16 09:07 PM

Arrived at the Hive to find a horde of Devils waiting in a a large room. Disposed of them and followed four tunnels to the end. Not so many Devils in our way. Nice to find a keg that gives unlimited health. I'll return often. Now only a hole in the middle of the first large room. Guess I jump down and see what awaits. I think I am nearing the end of the game. Might be fun to destroy the land after I save it. evil

Re: Might and Magic VI - 01/03/16 11:07 PM

Hi pokey, You did better than me. I only found three riffles. I thought I had looked everywhere. You are near the end of the game now. I killed the Demon Queen which was at the end of the hive. but didn't get all the devils in the room where she was at. I went through the wavey wall and didn't find any way back to get what was left of the devils!

It was a good game anyway!
Thanks
Kay

Re: Might and Magic VI - 01/04/16 12:00 AM

Go Get Em, Pokey thumbsup12

Re: Might and Magic VI - 01/04/16 03:01 AM

Kay, the 4th rifle was in the far northeast section. I had a hard time figuring how to get there, but finally did. Did you try going through the wavey wall without the Void scroll? It should be interesting.

Re: Might and Magic VI - 01/04/16 08:11 AM

Finished the game. It was long one, but I enjoyed it. MM7 is still my favorite. Oh....and I destroyed the world at the end just for fun. devil

Re: Might and Magic VI - 01/04/16 12:18 PM

Congratulations on finishing the game. I had the void Scroll in my inventory so I don't know what would happen if you didn't have it. I would have gone back and killed all the devils if I could get back in. The game ended with going through the wall and if I wanted to continue, I could, but no quests. lol12

I'm almost through with Might and Magic 7. Getting Grandmaster in most things now. It is my favorite too!
Congrats again!!!!!!
Kay

Re: Might and Magic VI - 01/04/16 05:57 PM

I finished the game in the normal good mode first and then went back to a save right before the reactor. I dropped the Void scroll and then as soon as you kill the reactor, you get a scene of a large tower and buildings blowing up and then the earth explodes. No hope of playing any further in that situation, but I had the good end saved. grin12

Re: Might and Magic VI - 01/04/16 06:05 PM

Woot woot bravo12

Re: Might and Magic VI - 01/05/16 01:13 PM

Congrats. Pokey !!!! praise
© 2024 GameBoomers Community