GB HOMEPAGE

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Posted By: oldman

Rise of the Tomb Raider - 01/10/16 01:30 AM

Well it looks like Rise of the Tomb Raider is finally coming to PC.

I was, and am, a little disgruntled that Microsoft could get it restricted to just Xbox for so long. It appears that it was a financial flop as well and they need PC players sales. Maybe they'll learn a lesson but I doubt it.

Anyway I just hope that it's no more difficult than the TR 2013 but I will be getting it as soon as it comes out.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider - 01/10/16 02:14 AM

Hope it's lots of fun!
Posted By: Terri824

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider - 01/10/16 06:02 AM

TR 2013 is one of several games I'm playing now. I love the graphics but am finding I should have left that game alone, it's not for me. I don't like all the scoring and whatever else is going on in it. I just wanted to play the game, probably won't finish it, infact haven't played too much of it yet, so definitely won't purchase another.
Hope you enjoy the new one. wave
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider - 01/10/16 01:28 PM

Looks fantastic! Will it be available for the Apple iMac computer as well?
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider - 01/10/16 04:52 PM

No, it will only be available for the PC.
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider - 01/10/16 05:44 PM

They need to return to the original Lara Croft!

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider - 01/10/16 11:28 PM

Thanks Draclvr.
Posted By: Carolin

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider - 01/11/16 09:26 AM

Oldman, I didn't find it any harder than the first one.
I'm all thumbs when it comes to console-games, and when I made it through, I don't think you will have any problems at all.
It's quite similar, different enemies and locations but except for that it plays quite the same way.
It is really fun, so I really hope it will come to PC really soon. I did play it on Xbox 360, but I prefer to play it on my computer.

Caroline

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider - 01/11/16 03:31 PM

Thank you Carolin that is good to hear. I will be getting it when it comes out because I did enjoy the 2013 TR. The prices for the game are way high (Standard edition $60 going up to collectors edition $160) but if you want something bad enough you pay the price if you can't afford it you don't get it is my philosophy.

Although, I can't imagine anyone paying $160 for the any game even if it is a collectors edition but that's just me.

I cringe at the $60.

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider - 01/11/16 07:47 PM

I hope it's lots of fun when you get it, Oldman wave
Posted By: gremlin

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider - 01/12/16 12:57 AM

I really enjoyed TR 2013, and I go back to replay from time to time. I'm just struggling to bring myself to pay $60 (£40) for a game - I rarely buy any at the day 1 price - even one as highly anticipated as this.

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider - 01/25/16 10:47 PM

Ok, I gave in and pre-ordered. My only excuse is that I had a little bonus from playing for a ceilidh. smile

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider - 01/26/16 12:23 AM

Woot woot, so glad you will get to play it!

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider - 01/27/16 05:40 AM

I haven't pre-ordered yet but will definitely be getting the game when it comes out. I was hoping that someone would offer a deal for pre-orders otherwise what's the point?

I now have the game and have played through the first two areas and I must say I am impressed. It is almost the same as TR 2013 with a few improvements. I am so awed by the graphics and the animations. I'm sure that there will be frustrations later on in the game because there always is in the TR games for me but so far I haven't encountered anything I can't handle and the overall feel of the game is terrific. Voice acting graphics and sound are all top notch.
Posted By: Jarkeld

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider - 01/30/16 09:59 AM

Anyone else started playing RotTR? Haven't gotten far yet (not a lot of time to play), but the visuals are very impressive.

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider - 01/30/16 11:40 AM

What are the specs required to play this one on pc computer?
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider - 01/30/16 02:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Specs listing for minimum, recommended, and "GD adjusted" ***here*** at game-debate.

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider - 01/30/16 07:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Jenny100
Originally Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Specs listing for minimum, recommended, and "GD adjusted" ***here*** at game-debate.

You can also get the information from Stella's site which I'm sure you're familiar with.

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider - 01/30/16 09:21 PM

It's a Tomb Raider game, of course I'm playing it wink

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider - 01/31/16 11:12 AM

Thanks Jenny and yes oldman Stella's site is bookmarked in my browser! wave

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider - 02/01/16 09:13 PM

Nov that I've played almost half of this game, I feel the need to reiterate my comments about the graphics. They really leave me in awe. The characters are so realistic that it's hard to imagine how far game creation has come over the years. The movements and facial expressions are really fantastic. Plus the voice acting is top notch.

Color me impressed.

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider - 02/02/16 12:05 PM

Oldman wouldn't it be great if the first few Tomb Raider games could be reworked with fantastic graphics!

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider - 02/03/16 12:15 AM

The original Tomb Raider game was remade as Tomb Raider Anniversary in 2007, so not quite 'fantastic graphics' in the 2016 sense, but certainly hugely improved over the 1997 version. It's a very good re-make.

ETA: it's under $10 on Steam.

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider - 02/03/16 02:29 AM

Thanks, Gremlin wave

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider - 02/03/16 12:46 PM

I do have TB Anniversary gremlin. Maybe that's why it seemed familiar! idea whistle wave
Posted By: hagatha

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider - 02/04/16 03:56 AM

I have this on my Steam wish list. So...everyone is enjoying it? I haven't played a Tomb Raider game for a long, long, loooonnnnng time.

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider - 02/04/16 04:03 AM

I just learned something interesting. The actress who plays Lara in both 2013 and ROTTR is Camilla Luddington , who plays one of the interns on Greys Anatomy.

At least it's interesting to me.

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider - 02/04/16 11:22 AM

I love them oldman and continue to replay them every year!
Posted By: Terri824

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider - 02/07/16 03:17 AM

I've been watching a gamer that I follow play ROTTR and the graphics are unbelievable and the game play is so intense and fast moving. I won't be playing it but will definitely enjoy watching someone else play it. joy

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider - 02/07/16 11:31 AM

Oldman I did not know that about the voice of Lara in those 2 TR games.

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider - 02/07/16 11:42 PM

Terri, it's all a question of approach. It doesn't have to be fast paced if you're a cautious player. There are times when it gets intense - multiple bad guys, but for most of the game, you're exploring. And if you play on the easy level, I'm sure the bad guys will be pretty inaccurate in their shooting. So far I've invested nearly 20 hours in ROTR and I think it's as good as TR 2013 - the reboot - and that's saying a lot given that I've given that 80 hours without touching the multi-player stuff (which holds no attraction for me whatsoever).

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider - 02/08/16 11:29 AM

WOW gremlin I'm impressed. I wish I could play it on my iMac.

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider - 02/08/16 07:32 PM

Originally Posted By: gremlin
So far I've invested nearly 20 hours in ROTR and I think it's as good as TR 2013 - the reboot - and that's saying a lot given that I've given that 80 hours without touching the multi-player stuff (which holds no attraction for me whatsoever).

I've probably got at least that many hours invested in this game but have been playing in off line mode so steam doesn't log in my hours played. In my opinion it is even better than TR 2013. I think the graphics, although superb in the 2013 version, are even better in this one. When you watch the characters talk their mouths are in sync with the words so that it's really realistic. What is a definite plus for me in ROTTR is they did away with the dreaded Quick Timed Events which were agony for me. All in all, this is a fantastic game.

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider - 02/08/16 09:05 PM

Oldman joy
© 2024 GameBoomers Community