GB HOMEPAGE

Jade Empire

Posted By: oldman

Jade Empire - 01/30/16 01:33 AM

Hi all,
Has anyone played this game? I found it when I opened up my Origin app and it was included in my games free to download. I installed it and was pleasantly surprised. It is an enjoyable RPG that has some nice twists and turns. The combat is fairly easy and, for it's age, has relatively good graphics and voice acting.

If you have Origin as a result of any of the DA games it might be there in your app as well. I am enjoying it.
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Jade Empire - 01/30/16 05:19 AM

this it?
Posted By: Marian

Re: Jade Empire - 01/30/16 05:40 AM

I have heard good things about it - what a great freebie. wave

Re: Jade Empire - 01/30/16 06:08 AM

Originally Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Yep that's the one.
Posted By: Jarkeld

Re: Jade Empire - 01/30/16 09:58 AM

Great game. Really enjoyed playing it. Bought it years ago as a steelcase edition.
Posted By: gremlin

Re: Jade Empire - 01/30/16 09:20 PM

Yes, I enjoyed it too. An unfairly un-regarded gem, really.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Jade Empire - 01/31/16 05:57 PM

I've not heard of this game before but I like the other BioWare titles I've played, and you're all giving this one a good rating, so I think I might have to get it !! laugh

Re: Jade Empire - 02/01/16 09:06 PM

Well I've made it to chapter 3 in this game and have to say I'm really enjoying it. This was a gem and the fact that it was free is a bonus. The combat is interestingly different and the graphics and storyline definitely keep me interested.

I've been bouncing back and forth between this and Rise of the Tomb Raider and enjoying myself immensely.

Re: Jade Empire - 02/02/16 05:18 AM

"The combat is interestingly different"

As long as it's interestingly different and EASY !!!! [For me.] laugh

Re: Jade Empire - 02/02/16 08:45 AM

Mad if I can do it anyone can. I'm pretty much a combat wimp and always play on easy.

Re: Jade Empire - 02/02/16 09:31 PM

That sounds alright, then, thank you oldman - because I am most definitely a combat wimp and often need God Mode to get through any really difficult fights blush

[I don't think there's a God Mode for this title ??]

Anyway, I've got the game now.
I plumped for a new, unopened, special limited edition, DVD version, at a good price from a reputable Ebay UK seller and it arrived today.
It's in a "posh" metal DVD case and includes a very nice full glossy manual and a poster happydance

EDIT :

Oh, and also a book portraying the artworks of the game smile
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Jade Empire - 02/03/16 02:30 AM

Have fun! joy

Re: Jade Empire - 02/03/16 04:09 AM

Thank you - And it will be my own fault if I don't, looney4labs !! laugh

Re: Jade Empire - 02/03/16 05:10 AM

Mad there is a trainer at Cheat happens and if you're not registered there is one free. Whether the free one will work or not I don't know. (I became a lifetime member years ago when it didn't cost very much and it's been well worth it.)

Re: Jade Empire - 02/03/16 07:32 AM

Thanks, oldman, I've made a note of that .... Just in case lol

Re: Jade Empire - 02/10/16 01:24 PM

Just wanted to say I think Jade Empire is REALLY good and I am still in-play, alive and kicking, without the aid of ANY form of cheat so far devilchili

[And, of course, I am sincerely hoping it stays that way lol]
Posted By: Marian

Re: Jade Empire - 02/10/16 04:00 PM

How nice to discover an older game that you are now playing and enjoying - that's great news. yay

Re: Jade Empire - 02/10/16 08:18 PM

It's definitely a game I would recommend, Marian yes

I am playing on the "easy" level (which I find quite hard enough) but there is the choice of a more difficult level for those who are not wimps like me lol
© 2024 GameBoomers Community