GB HOMEPAGE

Updates and Thank You's

Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Updates and Thank You's - 03/02/16 06:19 AM

Hey Folks,

So, after coming back from my original hiatus I thought I could contribute much more regularly to the forum due to having some extra time after my employer of 20+ years announced they were closing. As it turned out though, finding a new job was a full time job in and of itself. So, I retained the title of intermittent moderator. blush Well, good news is that I found a new job, which I will be starting next week - That means I'll become even more intermittent for awhile as I grow into the position and accept the challenges of this new opportunity. It's really not a big deal because I'm only a very small part of this forum and my contributions limited, but as a whole, I think of you all as part of my extended family so felt an explanation was in order. hearts

Thanks much to the regular contributors here and the moderators who graciously take time from their other tasks and forums to keep things running smoothly here. Hopefully, real life will smooth out some and I can get back to the more important things like gaming and posting here lol

thanks TM
Posted By: Marian

Re: Updates and Thank You's - 03/02/16 07:06 AM

Thanks for the update, TM. Best wishes on your new job, and we will look forward to seeing you when you are able to drop in. wave
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Updates and Thank You's - 03/02/16 11:20 AM

Congrats on finding a job TM. I wish you much success. Thanks for letting us know you will keep in touch.

P.S.You are more than a small part of the Darkside! thumbsup
Posted By: MaG

Re: Updates and Thank You's - 03/02/16 04:13 PM

Trail,

You are a part and a vital one at that of GameBoomers.
All staff are so - we are all one in a body.

Good luck on the new job. The chair is always here. Sit and relax when you can.
Hugs and hearts
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Updates and Thank You's - 03/02/16 05:14 PM

Trail, your posts are always so fun and informative! We are happy to have your contributions whenever you have time to make them.

luck on the new job!
Posted By: SharonB

Re: Updates and Thank You's - 03/03/16 01:32 AM

Good luck Trail Mystic. I always enjoy reading your posts and find them very informative. I hope you like your new position and that it works out well for you. urock rah shiver
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Updates and Thank You's - 03/03/16 05:10 AM

Yeah, yeah... jobs, real life and all that stuff. Go take care of business and then get back here as much as you can! I, for one, will miss your posts and info very much! But if you must... good luck in your new job!

Re: Updates and Thank You's - 03/03/16 05:28 PM

Thanks folks! I'll definitely be checking in and performing mod duties when I can, it'll just be more sparse than my usual...er...sparse lol I tell ya', even though I was released from my last company back in January, between networking, searching, interviews, classes and getting finances squared away it doesn't really feel like I was even off from work.

This weekend we're going to have a little celebration and get some of my favorite food, sushi! bravo I also splurged a bit and in keeping with the darkside theme of things I picked up Fallout 4 (finally!) so will be delving into that between work prep stuff over the next couple days.

TM smile
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Updates and Thank You's - 03/03/16 05:30 PM

Fallout 4! Have fun!
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Updates and Thank You's - 03/03/16 07:05 PM

WooHoo, have fun!
Posted By: Mad

Re: Updates and Thank You's - 03/04/16 07:58 AM

All the best for your new job, Trail_Mystic bravo

And enjoy your new game thumbsup

AND of course your sushi laugh

Will look forward to seeing you back again whenever you are able to get here dance
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Updates and Thank You's - 03/05/16 11:25 AM

It always helps to boost moral with your favorite food and a new game! Enjoy Trail! thumbsup wave
Posted By: Lex

Re: Updates and Thank You's - 03/28/16 11:41 AM

Belated commiserations, followed by congratulations and good luck wishes!

Sounds like a probably not dissimilar hiatus I went through in 2014 when I jumped ship after 18 years with one employer... thumbsup

Re: Updates and Thank You's - 03/28/16 06:16 PM

Hey Lex,

If you're talking about the issue of using a game controller over a keyboard and mouse on an XBOX 360, there is a company by the name of XIMO that produces a device, the XIM4, that allows you to use a keyboard and mouse. It's not cheap, $125.00 , but this new version works on most popular game consoles; Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Updates and Thank You's - 03/28/16 06:35 PM

That's really interesting, Trail - I didn't know that such a device existed.

Re: Updates and Thank You's - 03/31/16 12:16 AM

Oops, just noticed I replied to the wrong post from Lex. Must have been very tired...
© 2024 GameBoomers Community