GB HOMEPAGE

Bloodborne

Posted By: Tracy

Bloodborne - 06/11/16 04:31 AM

Hi everyone. I've been playing Bloodborne on the PS4 lately, and just wanted to come post and say that I love this game! It's been a really long time since I've fallen so hard for a game, and that feeling is priceless! I feel like a kid with a new toy on Christmas morning, and so I just had to come and post about it in case anyone here hasn't heard of it or played it yet.

It is hard, btw, but the graphics are drop-dead gorgeous (in a very dark, creepy way) and the combat feels really satisfying. I haven't gotten far because I keep dying (LOL) but I almost don't care because I'm having such a good time. I highly recommend this game to anyone who loves action, combat, darkly beautiful graphics, and being sucked into a new world as if by magic. I don't ever want it to end, and I hope that you guys will enjoy it as much as I am!

Tracy, who feels like a teenager tonight. joy
Posted By: MaG

Re: Bloodborne - 06/11/16 04:34 AM

That's a nice review. Thanks Tracy.

Re: Bloodborne - 06/11/16 04:38 AM

Thanks, MaG! Glad you liked it. blush
Posted By: Marian

Re: Bloodborne - 06/11/16 05:07 AM

I have watched my son play this game - it's incredible. Way too hard for me, though. The Dark Souls games by the same developer are also very good, but boy are they difficult. scared wave
Posted By: hagatha

Re: Bloodborne - 06/11/16 03:11 PM

Those graphics look wonderful...But alas, the game is not available on PC.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Bloodborne - 06/11/16 04:38 PM

Thanks, Tracy, will pass that along to son who is currently on a second play through of Dark Souls hamster

Re: Bloodborne - 06/12/16 01:23 AM

Marian-I've heard that too. I've never played the Dark Souls games but heard they're super-hard so I hadn't tried them. But the guy at GameStop had a lot of good things about Bloodborne, so I thought I'd give it a try. Still intimidated by the Dark Souls ones (LOL) but may get brave one of these days. Glad your son is enjoying the game too, btw!

Hagatha-I know, darn it. I love PC games the best, but there were so many ones I wanted to play that my computer couldn't handle, so I ended up renting a PS4 and that's how I got into playing console games.

Looney-Great! Hope your son enjoys it!

happydance
Posted By: Pokey

Re: Bloodborne - 06/12/16 06:59 AM

I've played Demons Souls and Dark Souls 1&2 and they have tension in spades. I did love them, though. I'd probably like Bloodbourne too but I don't have a PS4. Maybe in the future, especially if there are more good games available for it.
Posted By: hagatha

Re: Bloodborne - 06/12/16 04:46 PM

Tracy, if I had more room I would buy a console for all the great games I miss, but on the other hand, I already have too many games and will probably never get through them all. blush

Re: Bloodborne - 06/12/16 08:05 PM

Tracy, are you able to summon help when you need it, as against a tough boss? That was a part of the Dark Souls games that I enjoyed, though I was able to defeat some bosses on my own. Helping others was fun too. I see that the PS4 requires a PS+ membership to do that, which discourages me a bit. Let us know how you are doing.

I doubt that the Dark Souls games are any harder than Bloodbourne if you want something similar when you finish.

Re: Bloodborne - 06/14/16 01:06 AM

Pokey--Hope you are able to get a PS4 and play this one day. I also got the Witcher 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition for this system, so it's really worth it for me. smile Well, I don't actually play like Multiplayer where you have others come and join you in the game-I'm kind of into single player mostly. But, I do LIKE the idea of summoning help! lol Thanks for mentioning that about the Dark Souls games not being harder than this one--I probably will give them a shot after I come up for air in Bloodborne. wink

Hagatha-LOL!! I know what you mean! But it's SO fun to have SO many games around, knowing that you'll never run out of them! smile

Tracy

Re: Bloodborne - 06/14/16 05:41 AM

I think there are NPCs in the game that can be summoned to help as well. I did use a couple of those in Dark Souls, though I found other players to be more help.

Re: Bloodborne - 06/14/16 10:10 PM

Oh that's cool, Pokey. I'll have to give that try. smile Thanks!

Re: Bloodborne - 06/15/16 04:09 PM

I now have another reason to get a PS4, the same reason for originally purchasing a PS3 all those years ago---Sony is actually releasing The Last Guardian in October! I can hardly believe it as I gave up on it long ago. I will wait to see if it lives up to my expectations before I buy. I hope I'm not disappointed.

The Last Guardian
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Bloodborne - 06/15/16 06:46 PM

That's a beautiful trailer wavegirl
© 2024 GameBoomers Community