GB HOMEPAGE

Dishonored

Posted By: Barb

Dishonored - 01/13/17 01:55 AM

Anytone played this one recently? I know it's fairly old. I just got it, but haven't even installed it yet. Any feedback?

Barb
Posted By: Jarkeld

Re: Dishonored - 01/13/17 02:06 AM

Loved the game. Love the sequel as well. Should have been the follow up to Thief instead of Thi4f.

Multiple ways are available to complete the level: as violent or non-violent as you wish. Great story.
Posted By: Pokey

Re: Dishonored - 01/13/17 06:54 AM

Barb, it is one of my favorites. Looking forward to playing the sequel.
Posted By: hagatha

Re: Dishonored - 01/14/17 04:57 AM

Ditto, one of my favourites. It's a wonderful game.

Re: Dishonored - 01/17/17 01:37 AM

Thanks everyone. I got a look at the game today - it looks interesting, but of course, I'm totally lost. Is there a walkthrough available?
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Dishonored - 01/17/17 03:08 AM

Barb, I found several with Google. This Site seems to have tons of information. luck

Re: Dishonored - 01/17/17 10:23 AM

I like the Gamepressure guide.

Dishonored

Re: Dishonored - 01/18/17 04:56 PM

Thanks Pokey & Looney. Maybe I can figure out what to do now. I played a little last night, saw the empress being killed & ended up in jail. I got out, but don't know what to do now. Interesting game so far.

Barb
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Dishonored - 01/18/17 06:08 PM

Have fun hamster

Re: Dishonored - 02/05/17 01:57 AM

Help! I got out of the jail cell, but now I don't know what to do. The WT I have says to hold the left ctrl & drag the first guy back into the room. Do I have to hold the ctrl down? I may not be able to do that because I can't use my left hand. Does pressing the "c" make him crouch? He isn't invisible & I can't sneak past the guards. Please help!
Posted By: Marian

Re: Dishonored - 02/05/17 02:41 AM

I hope that another Dishonored player will be able to help you. wave

Re: Dishonored - 02/05/17 03:02 AM

IIRC you can rebind the keys to something you are more comfortable with. It should only require to press the key to drag someone.

Re: Dishonored - 02/06/17 11:56 PM

Hi Jarkeld. I usually have to reconfigure the keys to play any game. I don't see any way to change this, however. Also, how do I get past the guards? When I press "c" he just drops down a little bit & the guards always see him.

Re: Dishonored - 02/09/17 12:44 AM

Have you checked the options menu? Options -> Controls -> Keyboard mapping

As for the guards bit: after getting the weapon, get into sneak mode by pressing c once. Hide out of sight and after they dissipate, choke out the guard by holding left crtl or the key you have set (I use mouse thumb 2) and moving backwards. Pick him up afterwards by pressing F and get out of sight fast. I hope this helps.

Re: Dishonored - 02/20/17 01:04 AM

Thanks, Jarkeld. However, there doesn't seem to be any way to change this. When I go to Options, there isn't any option to change the key for "drag". I can't get past the guards, so I guess I'll have to give up.
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: Dishonored - 02/20/17 04:46 AM

Hi Barb, have you looked into any of the available Gaming Pads? Honestly, I don't know if it will help, but it's worth a shot. You do bring up a great point, many games assume that gamers have full use of both hands. I wonder if there are forums on the web that apply to folks that need more available features on the usual gaming hardware? I know I'm headed that way, years of keyboard use have taken their toll and arthritis is definitely something that is foremost on my mind. I'll keep my eyes open and I'm sure other 'boomers in similar circumstances will as well yes

Re: Dishonored - 02/20/17 05:32 PM

Hi Trail, I've thought about getting a gaming pad. I don't know if it would help or not. I had a lot of trouble at first using one hand, but I've become pretty used to it. I don't usually have any trouble playing a game if I can reconfigure the keyboard. Thanks for thinking of me, it means a lot.

Re: Dishonored - 02/20/17 07:32 PM

Hi Barb, Usually you don't often have to hide bodies. Have you checked YouTube play throughs? You might find a tactic that would work for you. Maybe a better place to attack the guard so his body is not seen or knock out the other guards that might see him. Crouching helps when behind an object or counter, but otherwise is not much help. Is there anyone that can lend a hand? I remember one puzzle in Grimrock where I desparately needed one and got my husband to hold a key for me. In that last room before the bomb, you can go through a window at the end of the room. Good luck. Hope you find a solution.

From the Steam discussion: "If you [Hold F] while choking out someone, you can keep hold of them rather than let them drop. You can also move backward while choking them out by using you movement key [S]."

Steam discussion is a good place to post a question like this. The players there can be very helpful.

Re: Dishonored - 02/21/17 12:48 AM

It seems I have not been as clear enough as I thought (common complaint about me): you can pick up a body to move it somewhere else. The option/command you'll need to rebind is USE, that is used for all kinds of operations on loot, bodies etc. There is no separate DRAG option/command.

Re: Dishonored - 02/21/17 04:33 PM

I didn't realize there were different commands - besides forward, backward, strafe, etc. I went to "Options, pressed the down key, & I was surprised to find there were more commands, like USE. I changed that,to right ctrl, & I was able to pull that one guard out of the room. I probably need to read the manual more carefully. I still can't sneak past the guards, though.

Thanks for your help.

Barb
Posted By: hagatha

Re: Dishonored - 02/21/17 07:02 PM

Barb, In that same room I was able to knock out all of the guards rather than sneak past them. If I recall correctly, there is a patrolling guard; I sneaked over to the left and grabbed him when he was farthest away from the far exit point of that room.

I actually found this room to be the most difficult for sneaking in the whole game.
Posted By: hugh

Re: Dishonored - 02/22/17 10:05 PM

I agree. This room is probably the most difficult for sneaking in the whole game.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community