GB HOMEPAGE

...and speaking of RPG's; The Bard's Tale, first look at combat

Posted By: Trail_Mystic

...and speaking of RPG's; The Bard's Tale, first look at combat - 02/20/17 04:56 AM

Apologies, I neglected to put up this most recent game play vid on the upcoming "Bard's Tale IV."

An example of the environment and combat.

The Bard's Tale IV - Combat Gameplay

An interesting take on grid style, turn-base combat. thumbsup
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: ...and speaking of RPG's; The Bard's Tale, first look at combat - 02/20/17 10:42 AM

Thanks Trail. I'll check it out! yes wave
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: ...and speaking of RPG's; The Bard's Tale, first look at combat - 02/20/17 04:12 PM

Thanks, Trail wave
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: ...and speaking of RPG's; The Bard's Tale, first look at combat - 02/20/17 04:34 PM

Just noticed that Brian Fargo commented that they aren't really happy with the "bouncing" effect that happens to the portraits when the party members speak and that it's still a work in progress. That was a week ago, so guessing that might be pulled last minute.

I have to agree, it is disconcerting. I like voiced dialogue, but I think it would be just as effective if they temporarily back lit the one speaking or something subtle like that.
Posted By: hagatha

Re: ...and speaking of RPG's; The Bard's Tale, first look at combat - 02/20/17 05:18 PM

Reminds me of Might and Magic combat, but with better graphics. I could never get into the first Bard's Tale, but this looks promising. I might put it on my watch and wait list.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community