GB HOMEPAGE

The Aliens of Prey

Posted By: Trail_Mystic

The Aliens of Prey - 03/17/17 12:41 AM

From Bethesda.net

Even during the earliest days of development, Arkane wanted to avoid any clichés when designing the aliens – a mandate that came from Creative Director Raphael Colantonio. “We wanted to avoid what Raf [Colantonio] calls ‘Orcs with laser guns,’” says Lead Designer Ricardo Bare. “We didn't want to do troopers with blasters, or some kind of squishy, slimy, gory monsters. Instead, we wanted to evoke something more mysterious, unknowable, paranormal. It took a long time to get there, but basically the Typhon body shapes are amorphous. They’re hard to pin down. They’re very threatening in an ‘I don't really know what that creature is thinking’ sort of way.”

So, if that isn't terrifying enough, read on...

Prey – Typhon Guide
Posted By: hagatha

Re: The Aliens of Prey - 03/17/17 01:07 AM

Yikes! scared

Looks good, though.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: The Aliens of Prey - 03/17/17 02:48 AM

Terrifying is not good for my sleep wink

Re: The Aliens of Prey - 03/17/17 03:50 PM

I'm hoping they spent as much time on the game play mechanics, story line and character progression as they did the enemies of the game. For me, this genre of game seems to always lead to a let down, because they all turn into Doom at one point or another; one against many, guns against aggressors, impossible odds, scary hallways, big crazy boss at the end. There are very few that rise above that formula. Don't get me wrong, being a fan of RPG's I'm bound to formulaic gameplay, but those feel a bit more multi-dimensional.

This one looks like it has some interesting twists, keeping my fingers crossed. grin
Posted By: hagatha

Re: The Aliens of Prey - 03/17/17 04:39 PM

Sometimes all you want is mayhem, though. grin

Re: The Aliens of Prey - 03/17/17 06:28 PM

Originally Posted By: hagatha
Sometimes all you want is mayhem, though. grin

true 'dat lol
Posted By: flotsam

Re: The Aliens of Prey - 03/19/17 06:36 AM

I agree!! Hope there is stomping, or its equivalent devil
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: The Aliens of Prey - 03/19/17 04:51 PM

Oh, yes... more mayhem please! The original Prey is still one of my all-time favorite games. I also hope the weapons are as equally cool. The aliens are definitely the stuff of nightmares - very much looking forward to this one.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community