GB HOMEPAGE

Brian Fargo Retiring

Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Brian Fargo Retiring - 03/24/17 07:46 PM

Brian Fargo; Game designer, developer, producer, founder of Interplay and InXile game development will be retiring after the release of Wasteland 3.

Brian Fargo Retiring

His influence on gaming has been huge; Interplay game development was the founding company from which Black Isle and eventually Bioware arose. Interplay was also the first to contract the very new Silicon and Synapse production house, run by friends of Fargo, Allen Adham and Michael Morhaime to produce a game called RPM Racing. Those two developer/producers would eventually change the name of their company and produce one of the most successful game franchises ever; World of Warcraft through their new company Blizzard Entertainment.

If you want to see the whole history, check out his Wiki page: Brian Fargo Wikipedia Page
Posted By: Marian

Re: Brian Fargo Retiring - 03/24/17 09:20 PM

Thanks for all the info. I have been gaming since the 1980s and Brian Fargo is a very familiar name to me. wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Brian Fargo Retiring - 03/25/17 05:17 PM

I do hope he will have a very happy retirement smile
[Black Isle and Bioware were my introduction to RPG's "proper" !! Fantastic !! yay]
Posted By: hagatha

Re: Brian Fargo Retiring - 03/27/17 08:21 PM

The Wiki article is an interesting history of a big part of the gaming world.

Baldur's Gate was my first RPG, too and also the first 100% non-adventure game I ever played.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community