GB HOMEPAGE

Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption

Posted By: Barb

Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption - 01/09/18 02:07 AM

I can’t even believe I’m writing this since I’ve played the game many times,and it’s my all time favorite game. But I’m terribly stuck! I just started the Stephensdom clock tower. I know I need a scroll of mist form to get past mechanism further on. But I can’t figure out how to get downstairs to open the chest! Duh! Can anyone help? Drac?
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption - 01/09/18 04:08 AM

Oh, my, Barb! I can't believe you're asking this either! Where exactly are you in the clock tower?

It's been several years since I've played, but I'm remember coming inside the tower and dodging the pendulum, going down some stairs and having to stay in the shadows all the time. Had to get to a door to the outside - sunlight! - and make a mad dash to the left of the door and then down some stairs. Had to take some damage. Then there was a lot of fighting in a room in front of the stairs that went down to the lower level.

Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption - 01/09/18 06:21 PM

Hi Drac! I just started the clock tower (from the roof) I know I need a scroll of mist form to get past the mechanism guarding the way through, but I can't figure out hoe to get to the stairs leading to the chest. I've been stuck here for weeks. Do you know what I'm talking about?

Barb
Posted By: Marian

Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption - 01/09/18 06:27 PM

I found this. Would it be of any help?

Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption - 01/09/18 06:55 PM

This is all kind of foggy, but I also seem to remember having to wait until a different time of day for the mechanism to change position so we could get past it. I don't remember using a scroll of mist to do it.

Once you are past the big gear, then the way to the stairs is pretty self-explanatory.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption - 01/10/18 12:56 AM

I found which this also might help ?? THIS

Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption - 01/10/18 02:30 AM

Thananks, everyone.

I din't hace it yet vet I'll keep trying.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption - 01/11/18 04:55 PM

I have to admit, Barb, that I printed out that part of the walkthrough and followed it to the letter. It was the only way I could get through it blush But then I am a notorious wimp lol

Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption - 01/12/18 11:21 PM

Any luck yet, Barb? You realize, you're making me want to play again!

Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption - 01/13/18 01:14 AM

Oh, go ahead, you know you want to!

Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption - 01/13/18 03:08 AM

You're right, I do! I have it from GOG and guess I will start the download!

Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption - 01/13/18 11:51 PM

Have fun! It'd such a good game.

Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption - 01/14/18 12:45 AM

Yes, cleared out the silver mines and am about to head over to the Cappadocians! This must at least the 6th time I've played this one!

Did you ever figure out the Stephansdom clock tower?

Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption - 01/14/18 02:03 AM

Yes, I did figure out the Stephensdom. The scroll I was looking for was down the stairs in the area with the mechanism.
I HATE the Silver mines! I awways get lost, & I have trouble with the monsters.

I must have played this game at least 20 times.

Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption - 01/14/18 03:00 AM

I remember Hawkavonpuka said you were the one who got her through it! Did you know she had passed away a few months ago?

The silver mines are something to just get over with - it's so dark down there and no chance of lightening anything up.

Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption - 01/14/18 08:14 PM

Who passed away? Hawavonpuka? Oh, no!

I just do the silver nines because you have to to play the game. I can usually turn up the brightness eo see vetter. Are you playing now? good luck in the Monastery.

Barb

Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption - 01/14/18 08:16 PM

I remember Hawkavonpuka, Drac. I am sorry to hear this news.

Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption - 01/14/18 08:22 PM

I remember her, too, i killed Zulu for her years ago.

Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption - 01/14/18 10:25 PM

Yup, I remember when you killed Zulu for her. Yes, she passed away last fall... she still lived in Hawaii. A real blow for those of us who have been on-line friends with her since 2000.

Just finished the monastery and am heading for the Northern Quarter to kill the golem. It's so stinking cold here, I can't do anything else, so I'm playing! Will probably binge watch some of The Walking Dead later to keep myself entertained!

Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption - 01/15/18 01:07 AM

That is so sad, I didn't know her well, but she seemed to be a very mice person.

It's brllLY cold here, too. I lice xlose to Kansas City, so we're not too far apart. enjoy your vampire. I'm glad you have aomething to keep you busy. smile

Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption - 01/31/18 04:46 PM

So, I'm clearing out the Haus De Hexe. Gads, I'd forgotten what a horrible slog it was to get through Stephansdom and then to have to continue with Knight's Base without being able to use Walk the Abyss to sell stuff and stock up on blood!

When I first got into Stephansdom, I found the mechanism you were talking about getting past was the SECOND one where you needed to go down to the lower level and get the Scroll of Mist. It was hard to see the steps going down because the screen is very dark, but I found it right away.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption - 02/01/18 03:37 AM

Way to Go, Drac wavegirl
Posted By: Creeping_Doom

Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption - 02/18/18 04:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Draclvr
So, I'm clearing out the Haus De Hexe. Gads, I'd forgotten what a horrible slog it was to get through Stephansdom and then to have to continue with Knight's Base without being able to use Walk the Abyss to sell stuff and stock up on blood!

When I first got into Stephansdom, I found the mechanism you were talking about getting past was the SECOND one where you needed to go down to the lower level and get the Scroll of Mist. It was hard to see the steps going down because the screen is very dark, but I found it right away.

Ever figure out how to adjust the in game brightness in Win 10 ? . I got nostalgic , & just installed the game . Definitely one of my all time favorite games !! No lighting trouble for me , but then again , I'm on Win 7

Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption - 02/18/18 05:31 PM

No, I never figured it out. But I muddled through and am now trying to kill Vukodlak (the first time) and not having much luck so far. Don't remember having this much trouble getting him before.

Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption - 02/18/18 05:40 PM

This is off topic, but I have read that if you use the dg Voodoo wrapper here that it fixes the brightness issue and then the gamma slider works as well.

Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption - 02/18/18 05:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Marian
This is off topic, but I have read that if you use the dg Voodoo wrapper here that it fixes the brightness issue and then the gamma slider works as well.

Tried that once , never worked for me . Maybe adjusting your monitor's brightness temporarily might suffice .

Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption - 02/18/18 06:02 PM

It did, but was sort of a PITA, so just dealt with it!

Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption - 02/18/18 06:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Draclvr
It did, but was sort of a PITA, so just dealt with it!

Totally understand . I tried tinkering with my monitor brightness earlier . Agree about it being a P.I.T.A.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community