GB HOMEPAGE

Pillars 2 Deadfire -- ship's crew guide?

Posted By: hagatha

Pillars 2 Deadfire -- ship's crew guide? - 05/28/18 12:02 AM

So I'm off the sea with my crew, but steadily losing morale. Seems odd. I have loaded up with much food and drink, yo-ho ho, bottles of rum, etc. Tons of food and water. Barrels of booze.

But my crew morale keeps dropping because of an alleged lack of water, which is ridiculous because the counter at the top is showing my 385 waters that I bought at great expense. There's something not adding up here. Morale will be at zero soon because my crew are too stupid to drink the water? Huh? Seems like something wrong with the game mechanics. mad

Is there a proper guide to ship management for Pillars 2? The ones I've come across are so vague as to be virtually useless. They certainly don't explain the issue I'm having, i.e. ships crew not using the available water. It's making the game impossible to play since I've done every dry land quest and have to move on now.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Pillars 2 Deadfire -- ship's crew guide? - 05/28/18 12:14 AM

I found this online - could it in any way be related to your problem?

Quote:
At first I didn't realize I had to move food over to the like "actively using" box, so I bought a bunch of food then sailed around ship hunting and before too long I was at base-value 1 morale; even switching over to only +morale or +0 morale food/drink, I still kept getting morale hits, often significant ones. It feels like with a full crew you burn through food very fast. I like the idea of bulk purchasing, I'm never gonna buy one unit of water.

Do you need to be "actively using" the water as well?
Posted By: Pokey

Re: Pillars 2 Deadfire -- ship's crew guide? - 05/28/18 12:33 AM

Perhaps this will help:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/98748-where-did-my-ship-food-go/
Posted By: Marian

Re: Pillars 2 Deadfire -- ship's crew guide? - 05/28/18 12:53 AM

That's a good link, Pokey. I like the screenshot in that thread.
Posted By: hagatha

Re: Pillars 2 Deadfire -- ship's crew guide? - 05/28/18 03:45 AM

Hah hah. Of course! Why didn't I see it?

It's grog they wants, matey. Grog. Water is for fishes. And landlubbers.

EDIT: Okay, this is fun. So far I've managed to take down some heavy enemy vessels. And if regular combat doesn't work, I just ram them. Jump on board, destroy, rinse, repeat. My crew are verrrrry happy.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community