GB HOMEPAGE

Red Dead Redemption 2 XBox controller functions?

Posted By: hagatha

Red Dead Redemption 2 XBox controller functions? - 03/04/24 09:13 PM

I decided to give this game another chance. Since the PC keyboard controls seem overly complicated, I thought I'd use my XBox controller. The trouble is, I can't find a list of what each button does anywhere. For instance, how to access the journal? In the game itself, the list of control settings aren't remotely useful; they make no sense at all and I suspect are for some other type of controller.

I hate to think I can't play this game because of the controls, but this is my third attempt and each time the controls have gotten in the way so completely that I've given up.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 XBox controller functions? - 03/04/24 10:12 PM

I found this... Don't you have one of these controllers?

RDR 2 and Controller

Also found this for playing on XBox, but I don't know if that means you can just use the XBox controller.

RDR 2 XBox Controls

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 XBox controller functions? - 03/05/24 02:21 AM

Thanks! I can see I'll need to print out that list of commands....it's kind of long. It'll take a while to internalize those. I was experimenting with the controls and got tired of making a mistake, shooting or choking someone, and having to reload. lol

I do want to give this game a try. It runs beautifully and I've heard so many good things about it.

EDIT: I should have said that the XBox controller I have works on this game; I just couldn't figure out the controls.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 XBox controller functions? - 03/05/24 02:50 PM

Well, hopefully that will get you started!

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 XBox controller functions? - 03/05/24 06:15 PM

It will. I started the game with keyboard and mouse and made it as far as the first town. I really like playing with the controller; it's a lot easier on my wrists and hands, which is getting to be an issue. I was playing Skyrim with it recently and really liked it. Instead of being hunched over the keyboard I can sit back and relax. I don't think I'll be able to use the controller for Cyberpunk, though. I have a game on the go that I'll get back to, but in the meantime there seems to be a never-ending stream of updates and I might as well wait.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community