GB HOMEPAGE

TGIF

Posted By: gymcandy1

TGIF - 09/28/12 05:05 AM

It is not a bad idea to get in the habit of writing down one's thoughts. It saves one having to bother anyone else with them.
Isabel Colegate
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Things You Learn in Texas

Armadillos sleep in the middle of the road with their feet in the air.

There are 5,000 types of snakes on earth and 4,998 live in Texas.

There are 10,000 types of spiders. All 10,000 live in Texas plus a couple that have not been identified yet.

Onced and Twiced are words.

It is not a shopping cart; it is a buggy.

People actually grow and eat okra.

"Fixinto" is one word.

There is no such thing as "lunch." There is only dinner and then there is supper.

Iced tea is appropriate for all meals and you start drinking it when you're two. We do like a little tea with our sugar!

DJeet? means "Did you eat?"

You don't have to wear a watch because it doesn't matter what time it is. You work until you're done or it's too dark to see.

You measure distance in minutes.

You've ever had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.

All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect or animal.

You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.

The local papers cover national and international news on one page, but require 6 pages for local gossip and sports.

The first day of deer season is a national holiday.

100 degrees Fahrenheit "a little warm." We have four seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, still Summer and Christmas.

A cool snap (below 70 degrees) is good pinto-bean weather.

We don't need no stinking driver's Ed . . . If our mama says we can drive, we can drive.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Cuban, a Scot, a Spaniard, and an Irishman are sharing a carriage on a train to Belfast.

The Cuban lights up this enormous Cuban cigar, takes one short drag from it and flings the cigar out the window.

The other three look at him in amazement and ask why he just threw out a full Cuban cigar.

He says, "I'm from Cuba, we have thousands of those things back home."

The Scot pulls out a litre bottle of Bells Whiskey, a 50 year-old bottle, takes a short measure glass, half fills it, knocks it back and flings the remainder of the bottle out the window.

The other three are in shock, ask him why he just threw away a near full bottle of fine malt Scottish whiskey??!!

He replies, "I'm Scottish, we have thousands of those things at home."

The Spaniard pulls out a flagon of red wine, a 100 year-old classic. He takes a couple of sips, licks his lips, and flings the remainder of the wine out the window.

The other three ask him why he just threw away a near full bottle of classic wine, he replies, "I'm Spanish, I have thousands of those things back home."

The Irish then grabs the Spaniard and throws him out of the window.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Racehorse doping is not unknown in Ireland.

One day, the Clerk of the Course spotted a trainer giving something to a horse just before the start of a race.

He went over and said, "Doping?"

The trainer said, "Indeed not, Sor.

'Tis just lump sugar. Look, I'll take a bit meself.. see?"

The Clerk of the Course said,

"Sorry, but we have to be careful. As a matter of fact, I like a bit of sugar meself."

So the trainer gave him a piece.

When the Clerk of the Course disappeared, the trainer gave his jockey his last minute instructions,

"Don't forget the drill.

Hold him in 'til the last four furlongs.

Don't worry if anything passes ye, it'll be me or the Clerk of the Course!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Swede was in a pub in Finland and a regular customer suggested to him:

"I'll give you $200, if you let me smash ten beer bottles on your head."

The Swede thought for a while and finally agreed, partly because of the peer pressure.

The Finn smashed the first bottle on the Swede's head, then the second and so on, but he stopped after smashing nine bottles.

"So, when are you going to smash the tenth bottle?," asked the Swede.

"What? And give $200 to a Swede? NEVER!!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

O.M.G., I'm rich!

I have:

Silver in the Hair

Gold in the Teeth

Crystals in the Kidneys

Sugar in the Blood

Lead in the Pants

Iron in the Arteries

And

An inexhaustible supply of Natural Gas.

I never thought I'd accumulate such wealth, now I can buy that gold-plated yacht and the Bentley.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A New Brunswicker, a Quebecer, and a Newfie were walking down the road together and they bumped into a lantern with a genie inside.

Out pops the genie and he says, "I will grant you one wish each. Who wants to go first?"

The New Brunswicker says, "Me, I want to go first."

So the genie replies, "Ok, what is your wish?"

The New Brunswicker said, "My wish is to have a 2-lane highway across New Brunswick, smooth as a baby's bottom!"

The genie said, "Poof! There you go. A highway as smooth as a baby's bottom!"

The Quebecer pipes up and says, "Well I am going next!

Genie, I want a 20-foot wall around the border of Quebec to keep all the [blip] Englishmen out!"

Genie, "Poof! There's your 20-foot wall. Now Newfie, it is your turn.

What do you want?"

The Newfie looks at the genie and asks, "Genie, is that wall you just put around Quebec waterproof?"

Genie, "Yep!"

Newfie, "Filler up!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Good morning everyboomie. wave

This is pretty much being dictated by a stiff neck, and a mind that is b-l-a-n-k. eek

The dictation is that I should use fewer d-a-s-h-e-s and cut it shorter, the sooner to get to bedder. sleep

rolleyes

The blank refers to the big empty void inside my hoid .......er.............head. slapforehead

Pardon but there is one tiny thought in there bouncing around "dashing" here and there, and that is;

Have a happy day everyone. thumbsup

joe

Posted By: manxman

Re: TGIF - 09/28/12 05:26 AM

Thanks for the laughs Joe.
Good morning to you and all the boomers to follow. Happy Friday all wave
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: TGIF - 09/28/12 05:58 AM

Good mornimg boomies! It's going to be a very early day so I can drop hubby off at Ryder Cup for the day. He is very excited.
Then I am off to Zumba, run the dogs and then in the corner for the rest of the day. It will be a full day.

We had an awesome time dancing last night. It was great having Peter and SAm with me. yay

Have a happy day everyone, I am tired...
Posted By: Haroula

Re: TGIF - 09/28/12 07:45 AM

Good morning my friends,today is the
first day that we all feel better penguin
I wish you all a nice day wave
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: TGIF - 09/28/12 09:16 AM

wave Good Morning Joe, Ana, manxman and Haroula. Joe funny funnies! Ana sounds like a nice day for you! Glad the dancing was fun! Manxman enjoy your day too. Haroula glad you are feeling better. Coffee's ready Cailyn. Happy day All! wave
Posted By: Midge

Re: TGIF - 09/28/12 10:55 AM

Good morning. Thanks Joe for your funny openers. Have a great day today. Hi manxman, Ana, Haroula, Gerry, and all who follow me in today. I have an early shift today. Today is the last long shift as Dr Bliss is much better. He doesn't need us to work longer shifts anymore. Less than a month ago he had double back surgery. I think he's amazing.

Have a great Friday everyone. Please find some time to exercise.

Midgie hearts
Posted By: venus

Re: TGIF - 09/28/12 11:09 AM

Hello and goodbye. wave

Have a fantastic Friday, everyone. cat
Posted By: connie

Re: TGIF - 09/28/12 12:09 PM

Good morning everyone. Not sure what's on the agenda for today yet. To all here and all who follow, have a Wonderful TGIF. Danish and Apple Fritters in the NC. summer
Posted By: GBC

Re: TGIF - 09/28/12 12:16 PM

Good Morning Boomers

Joe, have a happy day too!

Manxman, good morning.

Ana, enjoy your Zumba class. Glad you had a good time dancing last night. It looked like fun.

Haroula, glad all is well!

Cailyn, I'll save you some coffee.

Midge, glad Dr Bliss is recovering well.

Venus, have a good workday.

Can't walk the dogs as yet. It's raining out there. Wishing everyone a super day!

Morning Connie, enjoy whatever plans you decide on today. Thanks for the Danish.
Posted By: SharonB

Re: TGIF - 09/28/12 01:31 PM

Good morning Gameboomers!

Good morning Manxman - Happy Friday!

Good morning Ana - Glad you were able to dance with Peter and Sam... er .. do I know who they are? think

Haroula, glad to hear you're on the mend. yay

Good morning Midgie -- As it happens I will start getting a little exercise. I just hope it doesn't kill me. laugh

Venus -- Hello and Goodbye and Fantastic Friday to you too! happydance

Good morning Connie! TGIF -- I would love to have a cheese danish but believe I will stick to having oatmeal and diet coke this morning. smile

Good morning, Gail! I hope it stops raining soon as I'm sure your dogs are pretty anxious to go out! puppy
Posted By: Yankee Clipper

Re: TGIF - 09/28/12 02:36 PM

Wow i'm up early -6:45 AM and this is why.

A furry calisthenics-ing on my stomach, a furry sharp paw striking my right forhead and a 2 cat chorus: "Guess wot guess wot
we know wot you got
Fancy Feast Fancy Feast for the beast
boom diddy yat-dah bahbahba
anda badda bing badda boom bahbhbah
etcetcetc"

So I left the watm bed and fed

And then again I drank tooooo hottttt coffee boy! that's a wake-up. I'm positive there was a hahahahaha in the kittycat corner direction.
But mornings are nice though -I guess they did me a favor. The hour of the pearl -John Steinbeck

Nan -groceries- the 150 also include lotsa pet food and a bag of yogurt raisens and other vegge stuff for me. Saturday is a good day for making lasagna. I'll rest up for today

Take good care of your pets and other animals and enjoy the day

Re: TGIF - 09/28/12 02:55 PM

Sharon, I'll let you put a face behind the names. Here is Me this is my son Peter and this is my daughter Sam. I am fortunate that they enjoy hanging out with me as much as I enjoy hanging out with them. hearts

Haroula, I am so glad you are feeling better. A whole houseful of sick people had to be a nightmare.

Gerry, have a great day.

Midgie, I am glad your client is doing better.

Venus, hope work goes well.

Connie, I hope something fun comes up to do today.

Gail, how are you doing? I'll send some sunshine your way so you can get out.

Yankee, hubby got me up to take him to the Ryder Cup early this morning. I had to stop at Starbucks to get rid of my headache from last night. lol
I make lasagna using eggplant instead of noodles and it's absolutely fantastic. I hope yours is delicious.

I have ten minutes to motivate myself to go to class. It's not looking good. rotfl
Posted By: Darlene

Re: TGIF - 09/28/12 03:06 PM

wave Howdy ho, sweet Joe! Thanks for the openers! Hope your Friday is Fab-U-Lous!

Good morning, sweet 'Boomies!

Alrighty, gotta skoosh! See you later!
Posted By: Yankee Clipper

Re: TGIF - 09/28/12 03:48 PM

That's a good idea using eggplant instead of pasta for the layers. I do like eggplant. One year I grew Italian e'plant -it's pink and white and sooooo good. 1st I will put the sauce on and then make Amish noodles and cut it lasagna size. Then.....ohmy ohmy the workworkwork. But it will be good. I hope there are enough cookware in the household. I even bought the fresh mozerella. There ought to be several meals for me unless my son visits -he always hoovers up whatever's in the fridge.

Edit: My gosh Ana -your children could be in the movies. And you!!! So glad you all are G'Boomers

Re: TGIF - 09/28/12 04:00 PM

Good morning everybody. wave

I've been entertaining the Dish guy this morning. He came to put my dish, which has been on the ground, on a pole like I told them to to at installation. He actually got here on time this time. bravo

Now Baby is getting very restless, so I'm heading to Mom's to do some "stuff". yes

I hope you all have a super day. woot

joe

Ana you're such a cutie pie. hearts
Posted By: flutist

Re: TGIF - 09/28/12 04:15 PM

Good morning to all.

Wow Ana, what a great looking family. You are lucky to have your kids near and you get together so often. I think Susie is a workaholic. She is always picking up call and of course that means more money. With one boy in college and another ia junior in high school, what can I say. At least Alex gets straight A's in college and has scholarships which help out a lot. Anyway, sometimes we don't get together for a couple of weeks. She goes to work at 11 a.m. and gets off at 7:30 p.m. That is she gets off at that time if she in not in a case.

It is the usual Friday goings on here. Will do some housework as we have our friends over for dinner tomorrow. So I want to get some of my work done today.

Have a great day everyone.

Oh yeah, we got a quarter inch of rain last night.

Bets
Posted By: SharonB

Re: TGIF - 09/28/12 04:31 PM

My goodness, Ana! Your son has so many muscles! They both look like you. I'm glad you posted pictures.

Did I mention that my car is gone? I sold it for a meager sum and sneered at it as it was towed away. Which wasn't really fair or nice of me. The car served me well for many years.

My family doctor retired and I had to find a new one. He is very young and new to the area and my first appointment with him will be in October. His office is pretty close and I believe I will be able to walk there. I'm going to try to walk there to see if I can do it. I believe it to be close enough that if I can't do it yet, I will be able to with a little practice.

Thanks for showing me your picture and that of your children. You are a charming family. smile
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: TGIF - 09/28/12 04:47 PM

Cooler today. Wheeee. Makes the morning walk so much easier without all the sweating.

Today is lunch with my old teacher pals. Should be fun. The two that started the investigation of our school board/superintendent will be there. Hooray, more inside info on the continuing DA's investigations. Our corrupt board of trustees just voted the interim temporary corrupt Superintendent into a 2 year full-time contract for 300k a year plus benefits. The vote was 3 to 2 with the 3 who are going to trial for corruption and bribery in January, voting FOR and the 2 who are not charged voting NO. They still remain on the board despite a recall attempt. Sigh. What a mess. Now we are stuck with another bad guy who is 'in bed with' all the nasty stuff going on and has his henchmen supporting him. So far this new guy has cost our district millions with his hair-brained schemes. He is using district money to fund the legal team for those corrupt ones going to trial! And he managed to get them to vote to give I-Pads to all incoming 7th graders this year. Already half of those I-Pad are lost, broken, stolen, sold, trashed, completely wiped clean of all the programming (total books and courses) and we are now paying millions more to replace and fix them. Next year, starting now, more will be issued to the 8th graders. How smart is that? Can't wait for that trial!
Posted By: auntiegram

Re: TGIF - 09/28/12 06:03 PM

Woo Hoo Joe!! Sounds like a good plan for the day!! Enjoy your time off! Thanks for the laughs.

Ana glad you had a great time last night. Lovely pics...thanks for sharing. Hope you were able to motivate yourself and make class!! Hubby should have a lovely day!!

wave Manxman, Gerry, venus. Have a lovely day!

Midge glad the doc is doing good and your hours will go down a little for ya. Have a lovely day!

Haroula so good to hear that you all are feeling better. HUGS! That had to be something to have the whole household down at the same time. eek

Connie have a lovely day whatever you decide to do. Thanks for the treats.

Gail maybe by the time the sun is to go to bed it will come out and clear the rain so you can walk! duh That's what it seems to do here. Have a lovely day!

Darlene may work all be smooth!! Have a lovely day!

Sharon eat all you want from the corner as everybody takes the calores out. lol Good luck with the new doc. Always hard to find a good new one when the former retires. Have a lovely day!

Oh Yankee....I see! lol Silly kitties. You shouldn't have told them. lol Have a lovely day!!

Bets she must really like what she is doing!!! Have a lovely day!

Sorta Enjoy lunch!! What a mess with your school board! Hope things get straightened out soon.

No plans till taxi time.....if the taxi runs as some are under the weather. I will then be off to work the fish fry!!

wave
Nan
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: TGIF - 09/28/12 06:35 PM

Well, we are having a tag team day today. Neither son nor I were able to sleep this week, so we are both in a semi-comatose state. Kids came at 7:30..not fed of course. So got everyone situated and son went back to bed. That worked for a bit but when I started walking into walls I woke him up and went back to bed. I just got back up and he took off for bed.

Those sleepless nights catch up with us as we get older.

T minus 1 day and it's hubby time! puppy
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: TGIF - 09/28/12 07:23 PM

Have a great Friday everyone. thumbsup

Re: TGIF - 09/28/12 08:38 PM

Time to get ready for the taxi run and then off to the fish fry!! Have a wonderful afternoon and evening all.

Space enjoy the evening and the weekend. Hope the weather is nice!!

Aw L4l HUGS!! How do you clean with the kids there??? Glad you could get a nap in!!

wave
Nan
Posted By: Haroula

Re: TGIF - 09/28/12 09:45 PM

tired sleep wave

Re: TGIF - 09/28/12 10:07 PM

Have fun Nan, and be safe. You feeling better?

Actually, the kids like to "help" me clean rotfl

Sleep well Haroula sleep

Quest, how is your day going?
Posted By: MaG

Re: TGIF - 09/29/12 01:35 AM

Just to let you know - Ana lost her internet connection. She was told that it might be up sometime close to 11:30. laugh

Re: TGIF - 09/29/12 01:46 AM

Eeeek eek
Posted By: Midge

Re: TGIF - 09/29/12 02:14 AM

Thanks for letting us know MaG. But I won't be up that late Sweetie.

Night all. See you in the morning.

Midgie sleep
Posted By: 3dobermans

Re: TGIF - 09/29/12 02:34 AM

evil Now how does that go...when the cats away, the mice can play...
Posted By: MaG

Re: TGIF - 09/29/12 02:37 AM

Trippy,

L4L and I are watching YOU! lol

sleep well, Midge.

Re: TGIF - 09/29/12 02:49 AM

rotfl Trippy! Now you did it! You alerted the big guns. grin

I just came back up so hopefully it's not going back down. I'll be quick just in case.

Are we ready for the weekend?

Re: TGIF - 09/29/12 02:53 AM

Taxi home!! Time to sit and put my feet up since they are screaming at me. lol Fish in the corner for all who want some!!!

Ana glad the net is up and working at the moment!!

Trippy I take it the cat is away. lol

Night Haroula sleep well.

Night Midge sleep well!

lol L4l, that is kind of them to help you!!

wave
Nan

Re: TGIF - 09/29/12 03:22 AM

Hey Nan. Welcome home. Fish sounds great. thumbsup Thanks!

I've had a profoundly unbusy day. wink

I'm exhausted from doing so little. yes

joe

Just started raining cats & dogs here. Baby is very excited........so am I. penguin

Lost my internet though already, so if I disappear, you'll know why. yes
Posted By: 3dobermans

Re: TGIF - 09/29/12 03:50 AM

Nan, the cat was away but I got caught before I could even do anything....lol
Sunday will be the last day to do the eye drops then maybe back to doing what I think I was doing before I started the drops.
Off to watch WWE then to bed, so wish all a great eve/night and start to the weekend.

Re: TGIF - 09/29/12 03:59 AM

Wooo Hoooo Ana, glad you made it back. Time for bed for me. Tomorrow will be clean clean clean until it's time to clean me up and go get hubby happydance

Sleep well all sleep

Re: TGIF - 09/29/12 04:52 AM

Time here to find my pillow! Night everybody sleep well and pleasant dreams.

WoHoo L4l for tomorrow!!

sleep
Nan
© 2024 GameBoomers Community