GB HOMEPAGE

Saturdiner

Posted By: gymcandy1

Saturdiner - 09/29/12 03:57 AM

"There is always one moment in childhood when the door opens and lets in the future." -- Graham Green

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How was your golf game, dear?" asked Jack's wife.

"Well I was hitting pretty well, but my eyesight's gotten so bad I couldn't see where the ball went."

"Well you're 75 years old now, Jack, why don't you take my brother Scott along?" suggested his wife.

"But he's 85 and doesn't even play golf anymore," protested Jack.

"But he's got perfect eyesight. He could watch your ball," his wife pointed out.

The next day Jack teed off with Scott looking on. Jack swung, and the ball disappeared down the middle of the fairway. "Do you see it?" asked Jack.

"Yup," Scott answered.

"Well, where is it?" yelled Jack, peering off into the distance.

"I can‘t remember."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THERE IS MAN AT THE PARK SITTING ON THE
BENCH CRYING.
SOMEONE ASKED, WHY ARE YOU CRYING?
HE REPLIED: I HAVE JUST MARRIED THIS BEAUTIFUL 30 YEAR
OLD GIRL, SHE IS WONDERFUL, SHE COOKS
DELICIOUS MEALS, SHE KEEPS THE HOUSE VERY
CLEAN, SEX IS GREAT!
THE MAN ASKED: SO WHY ARE YOU CRYING?
THE ELDERLY MAN ANSWERED: I FORGOT
WHERE I LIVE.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A 60-year-old man went to the doctor for a check-up. The doctor told him, "You're in terrific shape. There's nothing wrong with you. Why, you might live forever. You have the body of a 35 year old. By the way, how old was your father when he died?"

The 60 year old responded, "Who said he was dead?"

The doctor was surprised and asked, "How old is he and is he very active?"

The 60 year old responded, "Well, he is 82 years old and he still goes skiing three times a season and surfing three times a week during the summer."

The doctor couldn't believe it. "Well, how old was your grandfather when he died?"
The 60 year old responded again, "Who said he was dead?"

The doctor was astonished. He said, "You mean to tell me you are 60 years old and both your father and your grandfather are alive? Is your grandfather very active?"

The 60 year old said, "He goes skiing at least once a season and surfing once a week during the summer. Not only that," said the patient, "my grandfather is 106 years old, and next week he is getting married again."

The doctor said, "At 106 years old, why on earth would your grandfather want to get married?"

His patient looked up at the doctor and said, "Who said he wanted to?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A man asked his wife, "What would you most like for your birthday?"
She said, "I'd love to be ten again."

On the morning of her birthday, he got her up bright and early and off they went to a theme park. He put her on every ride in the park, the Death Slide, The Screaming Loop, the Wall of Fear. Everything there was, she had a go.

She staggered out of the theme park five hours later, her head reeling and her stomach upside down. Into McDonald's they went, where she was given a Double Big Mac with extra fries and a strawberry shake. Then off to a movie theater, more burgers, popcorn, cola and sweets. At last she staggered home with her husband and collapsed into bed.

Her husband leaned over and asked, "Well, dear, what was it like being ten again?"

One eye opened and she groaned, "Actually I meant dress size."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The teenage granddaughter comes downstairs for her date with this see-through blouse on and no bra. Her grandmother just has a fit, telling her not to dare go out like that.

The teenager tells her "Loosen up Grams. These are modern times.
You gotta let your rosebuds show!" and out she goes.

The next day the teenager comes downstairs, and the grandmother is sitting there with no top on. The teenager wants to die.

She explains to her grandmother that she has friends coming over and that it is just not appropriate.

"Loosen up, sweetie. If you can show off your rosebuds, then I can display my hanging baskets."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good morning everyboomie. wave

Wake up, sit up, cheer up, suck it up, get up…….wait..wait..wait a minute. I said “wake up”. That’s always the first thing. You can’t go walking around all day with your eyes closed you know. sleep

If you do, someone is going to take advantage of you. evil

One way or another.

If you come in the diner like that, I’m gonna have you stand in the corner and hold a potted plant.

Your drool can keep it watered. snicker

Maybe I’ll stand you by the front door holding a tray of condiments.

This could be fun.

You are getting sleepy….verrry sleeeepy……….and so am I. zombie

Have a happy day everyone. woot

joe
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Saturdiner - 09/29/12 05:16 AM

Good morning Joe and all! Yesterday was a day of crazy multi-tasking and I hope today will be better. I have to work, but I hope to get the dogs out for a run too. Later in the evening we have a date with my sis and BIL for dinner. yay

I hope you all have a happy day!
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Saturdiner - 09/29/12 07:25 AM

Good morning Joe,Ana and all,wish you
a happy day penguin wave
Posted By: cailyn

Re: Saturdiner - 09/29/12 07:32 AM

Good morning Joe,Ana,Haroula,and all who stop by later wave It's a rainy weekend here thumbsdown very few campers left,we are closing next weekend for the season! Can't believe it will be Columbus day next week!! I'll put the coffee and keep it hot,enjoy your day everyone puppy
Posted By: Drmojo

Re: Saturdiner - 09/29/12 07:48 AM

Morning Boom Boom Buddies~ wave

Howdy Joe, Ana, Haroula, & Sue
have a nice day everyone flowers

Yankee thats too funny I got stuck in the mud last
year in my battery chair and I had to crawl in the mud
to get my chair unstuck when I was pushing the chair
it speewed mud all over me on my face too you should
have see the look on my Mom's face when I got home rotfl
that is wayyy too funny about your thief dog puppy

my DR appts went OK my BP is still high on the top
my kidneys are causing it so back to my Kidney Doc`
got a ultra sound done on my neck

Mojo got his new shoes today he thinks he's
pretty Hot stuff running around kickin his heels up lol

Karen puppy cat
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Saturdiner - 09/29/12 09:52 AM

Good Morning Joe, Ana, Haroula, Cailyn and Karen. Stay awake crazy Joe! crazy Ana relax and enjoy your dinner with your sister and BIL. smile Haroula hope the sun shines for you today. cool Cailyn you and I are sharing the rain this weekend. We had 2 inches of rain yesterday and some parts of the state had 4 inches. rolleyes Karen good to hear your Doctor Appointment went well. wave catrub
yes Wishing everyone a relaxing weekend! yes
Posted By: Midge

Re: Saturdiner - 09/29/12 12:35 PM

Good morning. Joe you crack me up. Thanks for the funnies this morning. I hope you have an easy work day today. Morning Ana. enjoy your dinner date with your sis and BIL. I have an easy work schedule later. Just 3 hours at 5:00. Morning Haroula, Sue, Karen Gerry, and all who come in after me. I hope everyone has a great Saturday. Please remember to exercise. It's so important. smile

Midgie hearts
Posted By: GBC

Re: Saturdiner - 09/29/12 12:37 PM

Good Morning Boomers

Joe, wishing you a wonderful sleep and a great weekend.

Ana, hope you get a chance to relax today.

Haroula, happy day to you also!

Cailyn, I stand with cup in hand for much needed coffee. Thanks!

Karen, wishing you a super day! Good luck with all your appointments. Yay for Mo's new shoes. Talk to you later.

Gerry, weather is the same here.

Hope this rain clears up some. Dogs are getting antsie. Wishing everyone a great weekend.
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Saturdiner - 09/29/12 01:02 PM

Good morning everyone. Have a great Saturday.

Ana,

I watched the Ryder Cup golf match from Chicago yesterday and the Chicago crowd was rocking! penguin
Posted By: connie

Re: Saturdiner - 09/29/12 01:21 PM

Good morning everyone. We slept in this morning. To all here and all who follow, have a Wonderful Saturday. Danish, Bacon Sandwiches, and Fruit cups in the NC. summer
Posted By: SharonB

Re: Saturdiner - 09/29/12 01:25 PM

Good morning Gameboomers. I've been up most of the night worrying and stressing about what seems like everything in my life. Trying to make myself get out of it and feel better.

Will take walk later and that should help. Will try to have positive attitude and hopefully some of this depression will lift and I'll feel better. Got some stuff I need to do today then I can settle in for some gaming. smile Plan to complete Space Quest Incinerations.

Hoping all have a happy productive gaming Saturday! smile

Think I'll have Cheerios with skim milk with my Diet Coke this morning. laugh

Sharon zombie
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Saturdiner - 09/29/12 02:21 PM

Super Saturday ya'll puppy

It's official happydance Today is The Day! broccoli I'll be cleaning as long as my back can stand it. Then I'll clean me up and around 8 tonight I'll drive by braille to the airport to pick up my KISA. This trip has seemed longer than most and it will be good to have him home again. wave

Let's have a cleaning fairy convention here, starting in about an hour. I have to fuel up on coffee first. puppy
Posted By: auntiegram

Re: Saturdiner - 09/29/12 04:32 PM

Joe did ya get any of that rain the radar map is showing??? What fun plans for your day off today?? Thanks for the chuckles and have a great day!

Oh Ana what a lovely way to take a break from the corner. Enjoy dinner and the company!! Is the new one there yet??

wave Haroula, Gerry, Cailyn, Midge. Have a lovely day!

Connie it is good to sleep in once in awhile!! Have a lovely day and thanks for the ztreats.

Gail hope that all is going well there for you! HUGS! Hope the rain is gone and the sun shines brightly!! Have a lovely day!

Karen.....I remember that. lol Funny now but I'm sure it wasn't at the time. Glad to hear that the appointments seem to have gone well. Hopefully the kidneys will straighten up for you and start doing what they do best!! HUGS!! Give Bella a cuddle for me!!

Space I hopethere is no rain this weekend and that you can make a few trips to the park!! Have a lovely weekend!!

Sharon when you spend your time worrying you are taking todays sunshine and putting it behind tomorrows clouds!! All that worry can't change a thing. HUGS!!! Enjoy breakfast!

WooHoo L4l!! I know that your day is going to fly!! Have a fun time with the cleaning fairies. lol

wave
Nan
Posted By: Geo

Re: Saturdiner - 09/29/12 04:40 PM

SharonB
Why havent you answered my PM?

Re: Saturdiner - 09/29/12 04:54 PM

lol So far this day is as hectic as yesterday was. I have been out and about and have more errands to run before I can consider things done. First I am going to finish the game before the computer decides it's time to go into a permanent sleep. My new computer is on the trucj ready for deliery on Monday so I am excited!

Space, my hubby loved the Ryder Cup yesterday but it's brought a lot of chaos to the area. He saw Tiger and the others and he got a high five from Michael Jordan. They say it's bringing 130 million dollars into our local economy from all the visitors. That is so awesome!

gotta run, but I will be back.

Re: Saturdiner - 09/29/12 05:00 PM

Because I'm a Doofus, Geo. I haven't listened to it yet. I'll go have lunch - listen and come back. Sorry. That was really rude of me.

Did I mention I'm a really good procrastinator??

I'm sorry, Geo. I haven't listened to the cd. I set it aside along with the game and meant to go back to it.

I'll have lunch, listen and come back.

Sharon

Edit: My first reply to Geo wasn't there at first so I wrote a new one.

Re: Saturdiner - 09/29/12 05:31 PM

Its a dvd not a cd.

Re: Saturdiner - 09/29/12 05:36 PM

Ahhhh, the cleaning fairies are all in a bad mood today. Grumpy grumpy grumpy! We need some Cheeritol around here. Who's hiding it? wave

Re: Saturdiner - 09/29/12 06:33 PM

Thank you, Geo. See your email.

Looney, what cleaning fairies? There are cleaning fairies? Will they come to my house?

Feeling better, thanks to Geo. Need to go in - shower and dress and get out of the house for a little while. Moving my feet in a consistently forward motion is I feel a step forward ( laugh )

Nan you are so right.

Have successfully redirected my thoughts and may end up having an actually productive day.

I didn't know there were cleaning fairies... Why didn't someone mention this before???
Posted By: Darlene

Re: Saturdiner - 09/29/12 07:01 PM

wave Howdy ho, sweet Joe! Thanks for the openers! Have a super duper Saturday!

Good morning, sweet 'Boomies!

Shopping with daughter this afternoon.... woot

Alrighty, gotta skoosh! See you later!

Re: Saturdiner - 09/29/12 07:16 PM

Sharon, keeping active is the best defense against depression. We may not have the same problems but I know none of us here have perfect lives, but it's all in how you look at it. Looking at the day positively is a great way to have a wonderful day.

Being physically active releases seratonin and endorphines which make you happy and reduces stress. The more active you are, the more you will want to be active.

Speaking of being active, my computer is having a bad day so I am going to let it rest and take the dogs to the river. puppy

Have a happy day!

Re: Saturdiner - 09/29/12 07:25 PM

Sharon, the cleaning fairies have been trying very hard to hide from us all. I finally ferreted them out of their den and have them hard at work here. I will be happy to send them your way when they finish here, but I have to tell you, they aren't real reliable in going from one place to the other. wink

Darlene, have fun shopping!

Ana, have fun with the pups.

The den is clean....well not to my mom's standards but an operating room wouldn't be clean to her standards. rotfl Time to go up and clean the bedroom. I'll be crawling back down in a bit. wave

Re: Saturdiner - 09/29/12 07:52 PM

Thanks Ana. I know taking a walk will be good for me. Just need to get those feet moving.

Looney, good luck with your cleaning fairies. They never seem to show up here. Still, I can handle one little apartment.

Feeling sleepy now. May have to post pone till tomorrow. We'll see.

Sharon zombie
Posted By: Yankee Clipper

Re: Saturdiner - 09/29/12 09:14 PM

Just remembered I didn't take my high blood med last night -oh well- I read on AOL news that hi bl press med is more effective if taken at night. Who knows but I take it at night instead of AM. Will try to avoid fits of rage today.

Guess wot -the vegge lasagna is finished and baked and it's good and there's alot of it especially for 1 person. It's really good. But it took 4 hours to acomplish. On the other hand it sure isn't a "chemical food" like that prepared stuff in the stores. I used all my heavy duty big gun Farberware and that killer kichen knife did extra shifts. Years ago that's how I cooked -big mama mia stuff-. I must learn to scale down recipes because I'm not cooking for 7 anymore.

Good hearing from you Karen. Mud and chairs don't mix. I sure miss my horses -how much is grain now. All my horses got old and were put down or died and are buried in the pasture except for Sullivan who's in the front yard.

Keep strong everybody

Nice day, cool and dark and it rained!!!
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Saturdiner - 09/29/12 09:39 PM

sleep wave

Re: Saturdiner - 09/29/12 10:07 PM

Sharon, have a good rest.

Yankee, do you have a freezer? I bet you could cut that lasagna into serving sizes and freeze, and have dinner ready made for quite a while.

We would be happy to have some rain, just not tonight as I have to drive after dark. Nan, please send 2 bands. I'll need 'em. But rain after midnight would be welcome.

Haroula, sleep well sleep

Most of the cleaning is done. There is, of course, lots more cleaning that could be done but what has been done will suffice. I will be swapping lots of loads of laundry and swapping some dishes and showering me. But not for a bit....back is screaming very unkind things at me so Not Right Now!
Posted By: Yankee Clipper

Re: Saturdiner - 09/29/12 10:25 PM

L4L be caeful night driving -day driving is scarey enough sometimes. When Sam (the ex) arrived at night he took a taxi home. Take care of yourself

Yup I'll freeze it -rather not. Maybe son will hop by tomorrow and he can take most of it home. If not -brrrr lasagna. Now if kittys ate lasagna.......

guten abend alles

Re: Saturdiner - 09/29/12 10:33 PM

Yankeeclipper
If you have too much,you could send some over here!
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Saturdiner - 09/30/12 01:18 AM

Ana,

I'm glad the Ryder Cup is bringing cash to your area but I bet your traffic is terrible. Your crowds are awesome.

Good night Boomers. wave

Re: Saturdiner - 09/30/12 01:34 AM

Traffic is insane Space! lol THe crowds were entertaining though. You should see the crazy clothes they are wearing! It hit 80 here today so the weather is perfect too.
Posted By: Midge

Re: Saturdiner - 09/30/12 02:27 AM

L4L you crack me up. rotfl Go rest my friend.

Time for me to say good night. Early work shift in the AM. Night all. kissy

Midgie sleep

Re: Saturdiner - 09/30/12 02:36 AM

The traffic in space is insane?? headscratch

Probably too many lights. razz

Hello everybody. wave

I had an awesome day of walking in the rain looking for points. woot

I didn't find any, and I felt like I walked the Amazon river. tired

I'll rest up and do it again tomorrow. yes

I did find a pocket full of flakes & chips. Maybe tomorrow a whole point. wink

Yikes!! Two thirds of my three days off are over. scared

I hope tomorrow is a slow day.

How is everyone here in Boomerland?

joe

Re: Saturdiner - 09/30/12 03:58 AM

Joe, you need to glue all those flakes and chips together to make a point! whistle

It's official....hubby is home. I drove both ways as he was pretty tired but the rain held off and the band worked overtime.

We saw what I thought were corn dogs when we got home, and thought son had been very thoughtful and left us dinner. So we scarfed them up and then discovered a)they were pancake sausage dogs and b) son and the kids had not eaten so we tossed some more in the oven.

Now off to bed for me. Sleep well all sleep
Posted By: auntiegram

Re: Saturdiner - 09/30/12 04:20 AM

L4l glad you made it safely to pick up hubby and safely back home!! Glad he has made it home safely!

Welcome home Soot!!!

Time here to head for bed. Night everybody sleep well and pleasant dreams.

sleep
Nan

Re: Saturdiner - 09/30/12 05:13 AM

Joe, all that matters is you had fun! Did Baby go out with you too?

I have been trying to clean up my old computer and only leave things I want to copy over to the new one and it's not cooperating. It now works in 10 second intervals only. lol

Nan, hope you had a nice day.

L4L, so glad you have hubby back home with you. hearts

Re: Saturdiner - 09/30/12 06:16 AM

Good night L4. Welcome back Soot! bravo

Good night Nanners. Sweet dreams. kissy

Ana Baby has been with me night and day for the last two days, and has been in dog heaven. lol

She used to hate getting put into my truck and would try and avoid it.

I know she still remembered being taken out in a car, and dumped out, and left behind, so she would shy away from car rides.

Now when I open my truck door she's waiting, excitedly, to jump in it. puppy

joe
© 2024 GameBoomers Community