GB HOMEPAGE

Elementary My Dear Watson?????

Posted By: Barry

Elementary My Dear Watson????? - 10/05/12 05:02 AM

With all the discussion about the new Sherlock Holmes game I thought I'd bring this up. Has anyone here caught the new Sherlock Holmes CBS show Elementary which premiered last week and the 2nd episode today Thusdays at 10:00 EST)? It's Holmes with a major twist. It takes place in modern day Manhattan and Watson is a woman (Lucy Liu). As usual Holmes (Jonny Lee Miller) drives the police nuts with his crime scene deductions leading to some hilarious situations.

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Elementary My Dear Watson????? - 10/05/12 05:05 AM

My son loves the show Barry. I have them on my DVR but have not watched yet. It sounds great!

Ana wave
Posted By: Barry

Re: Elementary My Dear Watson????? - 10/05/12 05:13 AM

The show is dynamite Ana!!!! Each week presents a new murder for Sherlock to solve and Watson is a female ex surgeon ( a patient of her's died during surgery) and she became a consultant ( maybe a watch dog for recoving alcoholics/drug addits)hired by Holme's father to make sure he goes to and stays with rehab. Though usually she also winds up helping him with input about the cases.

Regards,

Barry
Posted By: cailyn

Re: Elementary My Dear Watson????? - 10/05/12 07:46 AM

Hubby and I watch it we love it sherlock
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Elementary My Dear Watson????? - 10/05/12 09:19 AM

I'm a fan as well Barry. It's one of the better new ones!
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: Elementary My Dear Watson????? - 10/05/12 04:42 PM

Won't miss an episode Barry. I especially loved last night when he burned his violin. Funnny. It's very much like the BBC series that has been on 2 seasons now. Strange quirky Sherlock and Watson of course who is smart and keeps him in line. Loving it.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Elementary My Dear Watson????? - 10/05/12 05:13 PM

You can watch the 2 full episodes here anytime after the viewing on Thursday night - click here.

You can also watch NCIS there also.

I believe this is for US viewing only.
Posted By: SharonB

Re: Elementary My Dear Watson????? - 10/05/12 06:26 PM

Thanks Barry, Mag. I missed the premiere but did dvr the 2nd episode. Wasn't aware of being able to watch it on the web. Now will be able to see them in order. happydance
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Elementary My Dear Watson????? - 10/05/12 06:43 PM

Thanks MaG, that show is on my "to add to dvr list" but I haven't yet managed to catch it. Will move it up higher on the todo list. wave
Posted By: Homer6

Re: Elementary My Dear Watson????? - 10/06/12 07:21 AM

I haven't missed an episode yet. Johnny Miller is doing a real good job. I'm still getting used to Watson being a female, but she and Miller make a good team. I have a feeling sometime down the episodes she's going to realize Holmes is helping her get over that death as she is helping him get over his problems.

I do hope it doesn't get the axe soon.
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Elementary My Dear Watson????? - 10/06/12 08:00 AM

I'm watching it here in Canada. My hubby isn't in to it too much, because he can't understand what Watson is saying. The british accent is throwing him off.It's a pain repeating what he's saying all the time. I guess I've played too many games because it seems I know the ending before it gets there. Great show though.
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: Elementary My Dear Watson????? - 10/06/12 04:19 PM

Ah Cathy, easy cure for the not being able to 'hear' that lovely British accent. Just turn on the 'closed caption' and hubby can read the dialogue and listen at the same time. It sure helped me. I have a terrible time getting used to other accents of any kind. The CC is awesome.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community