GB HOMEPAGE

Hurricane Sandy

Posted By: Darleen03

Hurricane Sandy - 10/28/12 03:43 AM

First let me start out by saying my prayers to everyone along the coast, and inland of this Hugh storm....Be safe....

As far as me ,and MY FAMILY we will be leaving tomorrow afternoon...Here we go again...I spent the past two days moving things, and packing things in toots to hopefully save some things from flooding....Gov, Christie has lowered the reservoirs today 10 feet...I am praying that we do not flood again....We are still waiting for a buy out frown

Well thats it for now...

HUGS to all.... catrub
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/28/12 03:47 AM

Glad you are evacuating and I hope that it isn't as bad as they think. Of course I am sending prayers and positive thoughts to you and all our members and family in the storms path.

Ana hearts
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/28/12 09:05 AM

Darleen hope you stay safe during this storm. We are expecting to be hit pretty hard here as well. According to our local weather they think Sandy is going to arrive Monday thru Tuesday with winds up to 80 miles per hour. Because we still have leaves on the trees they are saying we could have lots of trees and power lines down.
Posted By: GBC

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/28/12 11:07 AM

Darleen, prayers out to you that the storm won't cause flooding in your area. We're gearing for Sandy also. Praying it's not as bad as expected!
Posted By: connie

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/28/12 12:18 PM

Prayers for all our Boomers and everyone in Sandy's path. May you all be safe and have as little damage as possible. Hugs to all of you. angel
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/28/12 02:52 PM

My thoughts and prayers will be with you Dar... hope you are ok this time. Looks Like it is going to be a bad one.
Prayers to all on the coast!!
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/28/12 04:16 PM

Stay safe Darlene! I told my sister (who happens to be named Sandy) to just stop all this stuff. She was not amused. Hope the weather guys are all wrong this time.
Posted By: auntiegram

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/28/12 04:21 PM

Prayers and Hugs Darleen!!! Glad you are leaving the area and I pray that there is NO flooding at your place.

Prayers out to all those on the east coast who might be in the path of the storm. BE SAFE!!!!

Hugs and prayers
Nan
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/28/12 04:32 PM

Darleen, I hope you guys are safe and dry. This has been quite the ordeal for you all. How many years have you guys been in that house?

Son in VA thinks it won't be too bad. But of course, he doesn't have a magic ball. wave
Posted By: Darlene

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/28/12 05:28 PM

Prayers going up, Darleen! hearts
Posted By: cailyn

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/28/12 06:44 PM

They are predictind 70 t0 80 mile an hour winds not to mention the heavy rain!!!Thoughts and prayers for all of us in her path hearts
Posted By: Niki

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/28/12 07:08 PM

Stay safe everyone, I hope all in its path are ok
Posted By: Midge

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/28/12 09:22 PM

Oh Darleen I'm sending prayers that you don't have to go through another flood. I'm on the South Shore so we're expected to see some very strong winds and downpours. They're saying we'll lose our power as well. I hope not. I hope that all of our boomer family and all of their families stays safe.

I'm on my way back to work. My clients live close to the shore. Man, this could be scary.

Midgie hearts

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/28/12 09:39 PM

Midge, stay safe. Darleen, prayers you don't flood again. angel
Posted By: thracia

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/28/12 10:08 PM

I'm on Long Island, winds are beginning to pick up. I was hoping they would close my job tomorrow, but so far no news. I hope we don't lose power atlthough I'm sure we will. If we do, I will be lost without BF and GB'ers. But I have plenty of chocolate and batteries, so it should be ok. Everybody in Sandy's path, stay safe.

thracia
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/28/12 10:36 PM

Stay safe everyone flowers
Posted By: Marian

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/28/12 10:44 PM

All of you in the path of this horrendous storm will be in my thoughts. hearts

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/29/12 01:20 AM

Thanks Haroula and Marian. Are you in harms way as well?

Midgie hearts
Posted By: Marian

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/29/12 02:02 AM

Thank goodness I'm not, Midgie. Big hugs, and you will be in my thoughts. flowers
Posted By: MaG

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/29/12 02:38 AM

Take care, Darleen, Midge and Becky - as well as all those on the coast.
Sending angels for all of you!

Hugs.

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/29/12 02:39 AM

Thanks Hon.

Midgie hearts
Posted By: Mad

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/29/12 07:27 AM

Saw the warning on our UK news !!

Hope all of you keep safe and am sending my very best kissy
Posted By: maggsie

Storm - 10/29/12 09:45 AM

Thinking of all you people over the pond, Keep safe and good luck
Maggsie

Re: Storm - 10/29/12 11:44 AM

Thanks maggsie. It's going to be a pretty intense storm for us here. eek
Posted By: Becky

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/29/12 01:59 PM

Thracia -- I have plenty of chocolate and batteries too! It must be a Long Island thing. idea
Posted By: smitty145

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/29/12 03:05 PM

My prayers and positive thoughts for all those who are in Sandy's path. I especially pray for the first responders who are out in Sandy's way ready to come to the aid of those in need. They are putting their own lives at risk for the sake of others. We have one of our own out there.

I do hope that everyone is taking all necessary precautions. This is going to be a rough ride. We should be okay but the winds have picked up and sounding scary. Sandy is still south of NYC.

Stay safe on the East Coast!!!!
Posted By: SharonB

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/29/12 06:28 PM

So far, so good! smile No power outage yet. I can still get internet and cable. yay

Sorry about your evac Darleen. Hope you don't sustain any damage.

Well-wishes and good thoughts to all in the path of the storm. I hope you are safe and taking all necessary precautions.

Sharon
Posted By: gamenut

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/29/12 06:45 PM

Will be thinking of you 'boomers in the storms way...have been since it was forcast. please when you can check in with us and let us know how you are(doing)-ok? keep safe. hugs to you all.
Posted By: Yankee Clipper

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/29/12 07:29 PM

Prayers to all involved. Help each other and your pets too.
Posted By: Mary

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/29/12 07:45 PM

This storm is making me nervous: they say it could be the worst we've ever had.
It's windy now, and supposed to get worse as the day progresses.
I think it's not IF we lose power, it is WHEN and for how LONG we do.

Keep us all in your thoughts; this is going to be a rough 2 days. : (

I've got my chocolate ready and am brewing a cup of coffee while I still can: don't want to go into caffeine withdrawal! duh
Posted By: Lotus777

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/29/12 09:41 PM

Sending many bands of angels up and down the Coast for all the Boomers, my many and scattered friends and family members that are in the path of this great storm. Saying lots of prayers that no one will be injured or worse.
Posted By: Carla

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/29/12 10:14 PM

I'm thinking about all the ones of you on the storm path, please be safe!
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/29/12 10:39 PM

luck everyone. We will all be praying for you. hearts
Posted By: venus

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/29/12 10:52 PM

Well, it's been storming here all day. When I was walking to my car after work, I was stuck in place for a minute when I was crossing the street, as the wind wanted to blow me the other way. shame I . . . don't think I'll be going to work tomorrow. lol

Darleen, so sorry you had to evacuate yet again. sad Hope you are staying safe.

Mary, glad to hear you are prepared with all the chocolate. lol

We're okay so far. It's expected to really hit at six, so I'm going to do any electricity related things I need to get out of the way now, just in case. I'm hoping we keep our power, but best to be prepared. We have flashlights and batteries. And chocolate, too. grin

Hope everyone is staying safe!

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/29/12 11:10 PM

Thank goodness you have Chocolate Venus! That should make this whole mess all better. Stay safe, dry and warm. Crossing fingers that everything is over soon.

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/30/12 12:09 AM

My relatives in New Jersey were evacuated and are staying the rest of the family in New Jersey in an non evacuated area and they have been without power since noon. They just texted us. Stay safe all!

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/30/12 12:41 AM

Becky is without power right now. They had stronger winds and rain earlier today.
The family has their gamepads ready and working.
She filled up with salmon jerky and chocolates - and other essentials.

Midge is at work right now but they are intermittently losing power. Strong rain and winds right now.

May the angels protect those in the path of storm.

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/30/12 12:48 AM

hearts Thanka MaG!
Posted By: Rowan

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/30/12 12:50 AM

Fill some thermoses with coffee/tea/soup for use after the power is out. Fill some old fashioned water bottles to heat your bed. Stay safe everyone.

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/30/12 11:07 AM

Looks dreadfull on the world news, stay safe you guys I am thinking of you. World news had pictures of New York at 4 am and it looked as if all the power was on, so fingers crossed.
Cuddles to you all
Maggsie

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/30/12 12:30 PM

Prayers for all being affected by the storm. Prayers for my sis and family in N. J. angel

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/30/12 04:23 PM

Will do Connie, also to all those in Queens and the patients who had to be eveacuted from the hospital along with the new babies from intensive care.
Lord what a mess
Maggsie

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/30/12 04:53 PM

I spent my first 10 years of life on Long Island. We had hurricanes that were so awesome to me as a kid, but now, I see the devastation they cause, it's not that much fun.

Prayers for all affected.

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/30/12 05:13 PM

My goodness !! The BBC News pictures and reports of New York are truly awful frown

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/30/12 05:16 PM

My area has been extremely lucky. We continue with rain and winds gusting to 50mph but locally we haven't lost power. At this time there are only 2 alerts/warnings and they are for flooding and winds.

My prayers go out for those caught in it's fury. I see by the weather channel how devastating this storm has been. I pray that all those affected will be able to manage and recover quickly.

sad
Posted By: Gimli

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/30/12 05:59 PM

Prayers winging over the pond to all my American friends who suffer from the hurrican. May you all be safe! I'am thinking of you all very hard. Take care!!

Evelyne

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/30/12 06:18 PM

Still praying for everyone. Has anyone heard from smitty? I am also waiting for news from two other dear friends in NYC. Haven't heard from family in NJ or Boston but I think it may be due to power outages. What a mess!! I hope Midgie made it home last night. Guess I better go to the Diner next... woozy

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/30/12 07:07 PM

smitty145? She is fine and no damage.
Gerry is still awol though.

Ana wave

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/30/12 07:59 PM

I just talked to my sis. Her and all the family are OK. They still have power even though many around them have lost their power. Prayers Gerry is OK.
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/30/12 08:33 PM

My prayers are going out for everyone in the storms path. hearts
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/30/12 09:25 PM

Hope we hear from Dar soon... LadyKestrel called me yesterday and they are without power where she lives in New Jersey.

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/30/12 09:39 PM

I do not find Dar's street on the list of closures so it may be spared. I did find the power was out though in her area and there are downed trees which may prevent her from getting home. Fingers crossed!

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/30/12 11:38 PM

Finall heard from my Aunt in Conn. She's fine, not even a power outage. Her sons, however, who are near the coast got hit hard and are without electricity since last night. Dunno when it will return. At least all are safe and unhurt.

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/31/12 12:02 AM

Lotus, Thank you for your concern.
We are fine and feel extremely fortunate. All we had were flickering lights all night and some really scary winds. There are many downed trees and crushed cars but nobody hurt in my neck of the woods. Family in New Jersey and Long Island went through a more severe night and suffered some damage but are okay. They do not have power as most other areas and probably won't for days to a week.

My heartfelt prayers go out to all those who lost loved ones and suffered far worse damages. This most definitely is the worst storm I have seen here in all my years. I haven't seen everything shut down like this since 9/11. No school for the kids again tomorrow.

The good news is......Trick or Treating is not cancelled, just be cautious. zombie

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/31/12 12:49 AM

Gerry just let me know she is okay as well. yay

smitty, glad to hear MissV still can go trick and treating. It's good to get back to some narmalcy. hearts
Posted By: Mary

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/31/12 01:50 AM

Well, that was one WICKED storm! We lost our power for part of today, but we're back up and running for the moment.

I've never been in a hurricane with the winds that Sandy had: UNBELIEVABlE! They just blew and blew with a ferocity I had not heard before. Our neighbor next door had TWO of his huge trees just get uprooted and down they went on his car and carport.
The neighbor across the street had a tree fall on the back roof of his house and went right through to the rooms.
I was such a nervous wreck for all the hours of howling--there was no letup.

I am happy to be back to "normal" but feel sorry for all those that had it worse than we did. My gosh: Manhattan got flooded in many areas!! I never heard of that before, and I grew up there!

I pray for the others that were affected by this storm, since it left a trail of utter destruction in it's wake.

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/31/12 02:48 AM

Glad you're safe Mary! Yes, I am was born and raised in Manhattan and this was the worst. I cannot believe the devastation all around us. Fortunately, we dealt with the same as you..howling winds, downed trees, some without power.

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/31/12 03:32 AM

Our electricity came back on a few hours ago! Our internet service provider is still out of commmission, but my husband has rigged a connection through his iPhone, though it's verrry slow.

We've toured the local neighborhood -- lots of trees and electrical wires down. School is still out locally.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts and prayers! We are now having gorgeous weather. thumbsup

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/31/12 03:32 AM

WooHoo! Good to see you Becky!

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/31/12 03:36 AM

It's good to be back. grin

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/31/12 03:40 AM

Nice to see you, Becky! hearts

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/31/12 09:54 AM

Glad to hear everyone is safe. I lost power early Monday but got it back Tuesday night. We had 2 trees snap in the storm - one just missed hitting the house! We were one of the lucky ones.
Posted By: 3dobermans

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/31/12 11:29 AM

Prayers for strength for those that were in the path of this hurricane. Watching the news and unbelievable amount of sand that was washed in, not to mention the flooding.
May the clean up go smoothly and quickly.

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/31/12 03:19 PM

Darleen's area was spared from flooding according to their village headquarters. They only had a couple inches of rain. yay

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 10/31/12 06:42 PM

Good to hear... thanks BET

Good to see you here Becky!

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/01/12 03:05 AM

Thank you so much smitty145 for letting me know about some of the area where my friend lives. I have heard from all of my friends and family now and happily all are intact with no major damage. I am also very glad that all or most of our Boomers are okay also. What a horrible mess that storm has left. So, Darlene's home is probably okay but has anyone heard from her???

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/01/12 03:23 AM

She hasn't called me Lotus, and I do not want to call her if they have limited power. If she doesn't check in soon, I will call her.

Ana wave

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/01/12 04:01 AM

I've heard 1/4 of the cell towers were damaged, so it's virtually impossible to get through. I know I still can't call Lady Kestrel either.

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/01/12 04:06 AM

My family in Jersey all have had cell service, so I guess they have been fortunate. One just got power back an hour ago. Still waiting for daughters fiance's relatives on Cape May. They lived right on the ocean.

Let us know if you hear from LadyK, drac!

Ana wave

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/01/12 05:05 AM

I definitely will. Where she lives is just 10 miles from where Sandy made landfall, so I hope they are all OK there.
Posted By: Jema

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/02/12 03:53 PM

Thankful to read that all who have reported in here and their families are safe.

BET, so happy to read the good news about Darleen03's area. Thank you.

I pray that LadyK and everyone else who hasn't been heard from yet are also safe.

The destruction from this storm is almost too much to take in. cry

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/02/12 05:11 PM

Drac, there is power outage checker here. YOu may be able to see if her area is still without power.

Darleen's area does seem to still be out.

Ana wave

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/03/12 01:55 PM

Thinking of all of you over there, I have been reading some dreadfull reports about the divide of rich and poor.Residents of a place called the Rockaways are begging for help and yet they are shopping as normal in Manhatten, seems crazy to me, Brooklyn is is dire strates too, how is no help getting there? This is what is being reported in the tabloids.
Good luck to you all
Maggsie

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/03/12 03:45 PM

Thanks you so much, Ana. I've found several Youtube videos of damage in her city (Bayville, NJ) and know her home is only blocks from the coast.

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/03/12 05:01 PM

THat is my familes area Drac. They got power the other day. If you want to PM me her address I can see if they will take a ride to check. It's not far at all.

Maggsie, that is not the case at all. Upper manhattan never lost power, and lower did. It is not a rich and poor divide at all. I am sorry your news media is twisting the facts, but the truth is some areas were hit harder and it takes more to get it back to normal. Everyone affected is losing patience but the widespread damage is not something that can be fixed immediately for all.

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/04/12 12:15 AM

I'm glad to see that others here are safe!

There was, and still is, power loss in Upper Manhattan. Subways were flooded in Northern Manhattan as well as other areas. I never lost power but many neighbors just a few blocks away still do not have power, cable, or phone service. The help is out there or getting there on Long Island, Rockaway (Queens), New Jersey. Staten Island and other areas.

Unfortunately, we are now expecting another storm on Wednesday.

We have to keep these people who are suffering such horrid damage and loss of life in our prayers.

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/04/12 01:04 AM

Yes we do!

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/04/12 10:21 AM

Hi Ana it just shows, dont believe everything you read in the newspapers, they are certainly twisting it over here, best of luck to you all
Maggsie
Posted By: thracia

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/04/12 01:00 PM

Well, survived the storm, lost a large shed in the back yard to a larger tree. Now the problem we are facing is still power out to 400,000+ customers, and no gas. Not sure how I will be able to get to work.I live 35 miles from my job, 70 mile round trip. Don't have enough gas to get there and back. I also need to leave enough gas in the tank to actually get to a gas station when they do re-open. Never thought there would be a gas shortage.Things are totally messed up here on Long Island.Thank God I actually have my power back, and actually have heat.

thracia

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/04/12 03:16 PM

Thracia, glad to hear that you survived and have heat and power now and are coping with your situation. I don't know what to say other than God Bless and hope that your problems are resolved quickly. catrub

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/04/12 04:07 PM

thracia, glad to hear you are okay. Sorry about your shed. THe gas shortage must be a real pain.

Ana wave

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/04/12 06:06 PM

My brother in law and sister in law drove to see LadyK. She is doing fine and the house and family are unscathed by the storm. They have no power but they do have water and a gas stove for cooking so they are making do with what they have.

Ana yay

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/04/12 06:33 PM

Good news Ana. Whew. So scary when you can't contact someone. Kudos to your inlaws for making the trip.

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/04/12 06:42 PM

Ana, that was super sweet! So glad to hear it wave

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/04/12 07:36 PM

Originally Posted By: maggsie
Hi Ana it just shows, dont believe everything you read in the newspapers, they are certainly twisting it over here, best of luck to you all
Maggsie

That's not been shown on any UK TV news coverage, Maggsie.
Sounds like some newspapers papers might be fabricating their own news - as they are so wont to do !! shame

However, whatever the papers might be saying, things must certainly be heartbreaking for so many of those affected by the storms frown

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/04/12 07:52 PM

I was so grateful to Ana's family members for making this effort - it's such a relief to know that all is well. I figured it was, but they are so close to the coast, I just didn't know for sure. Now to hear from Darlene...

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/04/12 07:59 PM

Thanks Ana..... really good to hear LadyK is alright!

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/04/12 09:59 PM

I left a message for DArleen on her phone but from what I can tell the reports are still that the area has no power.

EDIT: Someone on her street got back to me on her village FB page to say they do not have power yet for sure. I have a Private Message to the woman on FB now and gave her the exact addreess and maybe she will get back to me.

Ana wave

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/05/12 01:43 AM

I am so relieved to read that LadyK and her family are safe and have water and gas for cooking.

Ana, your brother-in-law and sister-in-law are true gems for checking on her.

Also, happy to read that some more GameBoomers are safe.

I pray that the expected Wednesday storm turns tail and goes out to sea.

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/05/12 01:52 AM

Thanks Ana, I can't think of too many boards where folks would go out of their way to check on friends of friends. wave

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/05/12 06:29 AM

As I said at Mystery Manor, leave it to the gaming community to take care of their own!

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/05/12 09:03 PM

Sending in-laws is much more polite than sending the sheriff (what I did once in a similar situation). grin

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/05/12 09:45 PM

lol Becky! Sadly in this widespread devastation the sheriff's office's are probably inundated. I do love how via the internet we are able to close the gap of the miles between us.

Ana wave

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/06/12 12:44 AM

Miles? What miles?!

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/06/12 12:52 AM

grin

Ana wave
Posted By: LadyKestrel

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/07/12 09:56 PM

Hi, everybody! We just got our power, phone, and internet back on less than an hour ago. It was a long 9 days, but we did okay. Thanks for sending out the posse to check on us, Ana! We felt a bit helpless there for a while because even the cell phone towers were out, so it was a relief to get word out that we were okay.

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/07/12 10:06 PM

woot Good to see you LadyK! I am glad that my Sister in law and brother in law were able to get to you and let us know you were okay. I hope this next round of storms is not so bad and your power stays on.

Darleen's area is still without power.

Ana wave

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/07/12 10:08 PM

Hiya LadyK, and so glad you are back wave

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/08/12 04:57 PM

Originally Posted By: LadyKestrel
Hi, everybody! We just got our power, phone, and internet back on less than an hour ago. It was a long 9 days, but we did okay. Thanks for sending out the posse to check on us, Ana! We felt a bit helpless there for a while because even the cell phone towers were out, so it was a relief to get word out that we were okay.

Great to see you posting, LadyKestrel bravo

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/10/12 10:47 PM

I'm back monky tomato

First let me Thank You all for your prayers...

We did not flood rah We had very bad wind damage, no electric, no heat, no nothing..

We just got back power this past Wednesday...
No intermet or phone or TV until 20 minutes ago. Thank You for the phone call, Ana..

I couldn't call you back cause I was on my cell phone which would of charged me a fortune lol

I am so glad everyone here is OK....

HUGS,and Kiss's to all....

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/10/12 10:50 PM

yay Great to see you back and in one piece Darleen! I hope now you can crank the heat up and relax. hearts
Posted By: auntiegram

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/10/12 10:55 PM

WooHoo Darleen!!! Great to see you are OK and didn't flood!!! The rest is miner compared to flooding! happydance

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/10/12 10:57 PM

hearts Thank You. Ana

We did have the fireplace ,but without the blower working..So I boiled water, and we wore ,double clothing....

I am so happy we didn't flood... My heart, and prayers goes out to the people south of me...

Many have lost everything down the shore, and on the Islands..

Its good to be back.. kissy
Thanks, Nan ...HUGS

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/11/12 01:00 AM

So happy to hear you are doing OK. No power is the pits especially when we heard you got snow! No flooding...hooray!
Posted By: niteowl07

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/11/12 02:25 AM

glad to hear you're okay ,darlene.and that you had no flooding. it was a pretty devasting bunch of weather , that's for sure.
all the best on the clean-up process.

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/11/12 12:47 PM

Glad your home and no flooding. I'm sorry your power was out for so long, but happy it's back now. hearts
Posted By: LeBelleRachael

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/11/12 06:45 PM

Check out Ragnar Tornquist's pics of the hurricane!

http://imgur.com/a/MfGw3#12 cat

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/11/12 11:34 PM

Good to hear from you Darleen.......was quite worried.

Re: Hurricane Sandy - 11/12/12 06:30 AM

Darleen,

I'm so happy and relieved that you and yours are safe, that your property didn't flood, and that you finally got back all your power.

I hope that buy out comes for you before another storm.

God bless.

hearts Jema
© 2024 GameBoomers Community