GB HOMEPAGE

What Made You Smile Today?

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

What Made You Smile Today? - 11/12/12 06:58 PM

No smiles too big or too small. What made you smile today?

Ana hearts
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: What Made You Smile Today? - 11/12/12 09:17 PM

My little g'son Cullen trying to give me a ten minute warning for the movie. It came out as "ten moment morning. wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: What Made You Smile Today? - 11/12/12 09:30 PM

I went to the Supermarket today and kept repeatedly "meeting" the same couple - who were (obviously) Pensioners of some age - as I went up and down the aisles. Until in the end we all burst out laughing together.

But the part that made me smile was that even though the Husband was carrying a fairly heavily laden basket, he held his Wife's hand tightly the whole time.

How lovely !! hearts
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: What Made You Smile Today? - 11/12/12 09:31 PM

I'm still looking for my first smile of the day. Hope I find one soon. duh
Posted By: Marian

Re: What Made You Smile Today? - 11/12/12 09:36 PM

Being on Skype this morning with a friend in Europe. smile wave
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: What Made You Smile Today? - 11/12/12 09:46 PM

Understanding how lucky I am to belong to this site which is by far the friendliest site on the entire web. The members and staff here are awesome. praise

Re: What Made You Smile Today? - 11/12/12 10:35 PM

Sorta, it makes me sad to hear that. I wake up smiling and can probably list well over 100 things that have made me smile since. Life is so full of little treasures in every corner, I hope you find one in your corner of the world. hearts
Posted By: SharonB

Re: What Made You Smile Today? - 11/12/12 11:44 PM

The first thing that made me smile today was waking to my cat curled up close beside me on the pillow. catrub The second thing was that it was sunny out and going to 71F today. What a great day. fall
Posted By: niteowl07

Re: What Made You Smile Today? - 11/12/12 11:47 PM

hard to pick , but i'll go with melodee.

she escaped into the back yard and did not notice my landlord and 2 of his cats where outside - i thought she'd rip the door off getting back in ! oops rotfl
Posted By: gymcandy1

Re: What Made You Smile Today? - 11/13/12 01:24 AM

I was thinking about my sister taking a shower.............. yes............and me turning the well pump off while she had her hair full off shampoo. evil

Actually as soon as I got over to Mom's house this afternoon, I was met by an ecstatic puppy dog wiggling, and wagging, and jumping all over me as soon as I stepped out of my truck was the happiest moment of my day. thumbsup

joe wave
Posted By: Midge

Re: What Made You Smile Today? - 11/13/12 02:36 AM

Awe Joe that's so good. What makes me smile everyday now is knowing that I'm moving into my new apartment by the weekend. YIPPEE! Ana I love what you said. I wake up with a warmth in my heart and I look forward to seeing some new faces. I met my new neighbor yesterday. She was walking this adorable little puppy. He looked like a miniature collie only smaller. What a cutie. Very young. Thanks for the thread Sweetie.

Midgie hearts
Posted By: Haroula

Re: What Made You Smile Today? - 11/13/12 08:35 AM

My little boy,when he said mummy I love you hearts hearts wave
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: What Made You Smile Today? - 11/13/12 10:14 AM

yes Having a phone call from my daughter makes me smile. yes
Posted By: connie

Re: What Made You Smile Today? - 11/13/12 01:17 PM

Seeing my hubby next to me when I wake up in the morning. smile
Posted By: soot

Re: What Made You Smile Today? - 11/13/12 02:43 PM

Looking to my left in the middle of a battle and seeing WOM smile
Posted By: Gimli

Re: What Made You Smile Today? - 11/13/12 04:13 PM

Reading all your posts in this thread made me smile (except Sorta, what can we do for you sweetie?). Connie: I pray that he will be next to you when you celebrate the 100st Birthday! Soot: is WOM "woman of mine" ?

I smiled today when I got a phone call from a carrier asking when he may deliver the packet. Me: "what packet, I didn't order anything" He: "but your husband did". You know what? Hubby ordered a crosstrainer for me because I was moaning around that I'am getting fat because of the menopause. I decided I take is as husbandly thoughtfulness and not as an insult.... grin Midge will be very proud of me whistle...

Love!

Evelyne

Re: What Made You Smile Today? - 11/13/12 05:09 PM

Way to go Gimli, it's always best to decide to be flattered rather than insulted. He loves you so much he wants you to be a long time at his side. And yes, WOM is Woman of Mine. Sometimes I am also SWMBO, she who must be obeyed. wave

Mr. Cully was a great source of smiles yesterday. He loves Spiderman and we were all watching the latest movie. I looked over at him in his dad's lap, and there he was both arms extended and fingers curled shooting webs like mad. rotfl

Re: What Made You Smile Today? - 11/13/12 05:15 PM

Finally...a smile for me! Looked over last night at my Bubba cat indoorsie and he was all stretched out on the rocking chair (onto which I'd put a nice soft fleecy blankie) and was reaching out to me with one loooooong stretched leg. So cute. Guess he liked the warm cuddly place I'd made for him.

Re: What Made You Smile Today? - 11/13/12 05:25 PM

Love, love, love your responses! It's so hard for me to imagine a day without smiling. I think it's my first reaction to most anything. It's so much better than frowning and it's infectious!

Sorta, I am glad you found your smile today!

Ana wave
Posted By: flutist

Re: What Made You Smile Today? - 11/13/12 05:58 PM

Walked by Ginny's house and saw her garage door open. Stopped and knocked. She said she knew it was open, that she and her therapist had just gotten through walking for a half hour on her driveway. Way to go Ginny. yay

I have yet to see her on her legs.

Re: What Made You Smile Today? - 11/13/12 06:18 PM

WoooHooo Bets, that is fantastic. You are a great neighbor thumbsup
Posted By: Gimli

Re: What Made You Smile Today? - 11/13/12 08:32 PM

looney: that must have been spectacular, seeing Cully shooting webs like The Real One. (Whisper... don't tell my hubby: I hate working out...). Here's to a long life! thumbsup

Sorta I'am glad you found a smile too!!

Ana: and! frowning is giving you wrinkles... mad See?!!

That's nice Bets!

I hope I'am smiling in my dreams too.

sleep my friends
Posted By: Lotus777

Re: What Made You Smile Today? - 11/14/12 12:22 AM

How'd I miss this? It had me smiling the whole way through especially when Sorta found her smile. Animals have a way of doing that. Ours make me grin throughout the day. yes smile
Posted By: granny

Re: What Made You Smile Today? - 11/14/12 01:09 AM

Sitting down at the "Puter" with a dish of honey roasted Cashew nuts. Yummy!!
Posted By: BobH

Re: What Made You Smile Today? - 11/14/12 01:26 AM

Like others, reading these posts definitely made me smile but my day started with a smile waking up to my new kitten, Sparky. I still call her new even though I've had her for 4 weeks now. She's 11 weeks old. If I watch her for 30 seconds I'm guaranteed she will do something goofy and hilarious...unless she is sleeping.

I also smiled when I met a co-worker from Ireland that I had only communicated with by email so far. I thrive on personal interaction with my co-workers and don't get nearly enough of it.

Re: What Made You Smile Today? - 11/14/12 03:56 AM

l4l - the cully story was just great - had me laughing to myself all day !
Posted By: GBC

Re: What Made You Smile Today? - 11/14/12 02:03 PM

Woke up this morning with Nina (my chihuahua) sitting on my chest with her face in my face a few minutes before the alarm was to go off. Funny. lol
Posted By: auntiegram

Re: What Made You Smile Today? - 11/14/12 09:16 PM

I always have a smile cause it is fun to give them away! lol

Today I woke with a smile cause Sassy was there beside me in the bed with her little head on the pillow next to me. happydance

wave
Nan

Re: What Made You Smile Today? - 11/15/12 01:48 AM

OK here's a big smile from me for today. Since they finished the sidewalks and resurfaced the street one block away that dead ends into my street, it's been sitting there with no markings (crosswalks, etc.) So today, there was a nice STOP painted on the pavement, AND here's the smile (actually laughing out loud) part: The guy who consistently parks his cement mixer and a huge truck with a cement pumper thingy on a trailer on that street, right at the corner will be growling for the rest of his life.

Because: The new markings included RED CURBS on every corner, and his 'private parking spot' is now shrunken to only enough for one small car. Ha. I'm so thrilled. He's been breaking the rules for over 3 years now and finally they 'get' him. Can't wait to see where his cement mixer and truck end up. Probably in front of one of his neighbor's houses.

Re: What Made You Smile Today? - 11/15/12 04:53 AM

I could listen to the things that make you all smile all day. It's so uplifting. hearts The little things in life are the best!

Sorta, what is a red curb?

Re: What Made You Smile Today? - 11/15/12 06:51 PM

Well, I just have to add on again. We always try to keep our toilet lids down due to dogs but seems I forgot this AM. Imagine my surprise to find Finnegan, the kitten-cat standing on the lid with wet belly, chest and legs and one foot in the bowl paddling it around. The floor was soaked, the walls were sprayed and he was having the time of his life. Actually I laughed....and gently removed the protesting, wet object. He is definitely a most different little guy. lol

Re: What Made You Smile Today? - 11/15/12 07:00 PM

ana , where i'm from , red curb is a no parking ever zone.

lotus - sounds like your little guy and melodee would get along fine -she loves water too !

my landlord got all excited because in the process of digging up the bad pipes , he found part of a bottle marked 1953 and had to show it to me . he made me think of some little kid with a "treasure" lol

Re: What Made You Smile Today? - 11/15/12 07:35 PM

Lotus, we had a cat that loved to play in water. He routinely would sit in the kitchen at the dog water bowl and scoop it all onto the floor, and then get up and shake his paws with a confused look on his face. catrub
Posted By: Yankee Clipper

Re: What Made You Smile Today? - 11/15/12 09:25 PM

O K yesterday I googled "the trickster in literature and history" and ended up watching bugs bunny and garfield cartoons on youtube. And laughed and laughed -they were my favorites.

Lotus, aren't you happy you kept Finn now? Some of my cats have played in the ponds located in my pasture and have tried fishing expiditions upon occasion.

Re: What Made You Smile Today? - 11/15/12 10:14 PM

Niteowl, you can bring Melodee up for a playdate anytime. wink
L4L, I would have liked to have seen that expression.
And Yankee, yes! I am so glad he claimed us. He isn't the first cat I have had to love water either. I had a Siamese called Mr. Dickens, who got into the tub with me on more than one occasion, played in mud puddles and once took a flying leap into the fishpond to become completely submerged and I promise, he did walk on water. He also said a naughty word that I won't repeat here!! catrub
I don't know what we would do without our animal friends and family!! yes

Re: What Made You Smile Today? - 11/16/12 01:32 AM

Yep Ana, Nightowl had it right about the red curb. They paint parts of the curb red around here to indicate you can't park there ever ever ever, not even to just sit for a minute. They are in front of fire hydrants, handicapped ramps, and usually at most corners about 12 feet in to make it easier for cars to turn without hitting cars hanging out into the traffic lanes. I want a red curb in front of my mailboxes on either side of my tiny little narrow driveway because when there are stupid people, they park right up to the driveway entrance and I can't see to get in or out and it's almost impossible to turn in or out. I have to go straight out into traffic and not at an angle. City so far is not cooperating, but they did it on the newly done street. Gonna have a chat with the city engineer again and plead my case. Takes all of 5 minutes for the guys to paint a curb. Geeez and a little red paint (special color you can't buy at the store) darn darn.

But I'm smiling. grin

Posted By: BeaSong

Re: What Made You Smile Today? - 11/16/12 04:16 AM

Finding you all here on GameBoomers, my other family.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community