GB HOMEPAGE

Coffee Anyone?

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Coffee Anyone? - 12/09/12 06:27 AM

I am a Starbuck's junkie and I enjoy my daily forage to my local Starbuck's to see what dark roast they have on brew for the day.

However, this coffee here leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth and I haven't even tried it. rotfl12

Coffee Anyone?

Ana eek12
Posted By: Homer6

Re: Coffee Anyone? - 12/09/12 08:30 AM

Ooookkkaaayyy...were I a coffee drinker, I don't think I'd care to partner with an elephant for a smoother tasting coffee.
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Coffee Anyone? - 12/09/12 08:35 AM

lol12Ana wave12
Posted By: Niki

Re: Coffee Anyone? - 12/09/12 09:31 AM

sick ewwwww not for me either

lol12
Posted By: Lex

Re: Coffee Anyone? - 12/09/12 09:59 AM

That is a bit tame compared to this version of animal infused coffee! shocked

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7340005.stm
Posted By: connie

Re: Coffee Anyone? - 12/09/12 12:48 PM

scared thumbsdown
Posted By: Gimli

Re: Coffee Anyone? - 12/09/12 02:34 PM

I'am sooooo glad Starbucks has also Tea... laugh

Re: Coffee Anyone? - 12/09/12 04:17 PM

lol12 I really want to know who decides to feed them to anything and then decides to try them? I bet they don't drink it but just add a hefty price tag and convince rich people to drink it.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Coffee Anyone? - 12/09/12 05:10 PM

OMG! I nearly spewed my Costa Rica Peaberry dark roast all over my keyboard!

I dearly love really good, dark, black coffee too. I just spent a couple of weeks up in NW Iowa with my mom and good old Folgers just wasn't doing it for me any more!
Posted By: Mad

Re: Coffee Anyone? - 12/09/12 05:13 PM

Ugh !!!! Thanks but no thanks eek12
Posted By: flutist

Re: Coffee Anyone? - 12/09/12 06:03 PM

I'll pass also. We brought Blue Mountain coffee home from Jamaica and it was good, but it was not the animal infused coffee. Thank God!
Posted By: Homer6

Re: Coffee Anyone? - 12/09/12 06:10 PM

Over the teeth and through the gums civet coffee will not come. Either...
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: Coffee Anyone? - 12/09/12 06:33 PM

Glad I'm a tea drinker! scared

Re: Coffee Anyone? - 12/09/12 06:38 PM

Drac, I love a really bold dark roast coffee too. I drink it black. Did you know the darker the roast the less caffeine is in it?
Posted By: butterflybabe

Re: Coffee Anyone? - 12/09/12 07:05 PM

Sometimes its best to not know and just enjoy. Friends of mine did a lot of traveling until the husband passed away. One trip was to China and some other countries. A group of us were together and someone asked the wife what they ate. She said she ate because she was hungry and didn't ask, didn't want to know. Me, I'm too picky even with 'American' food to be that adventurous.

Not saying coffee from animal dung doesn't sound gross, yet everything in life is recycled one way or another. I'm just grateful to not be one of the wives going thru the dung to find the coffee beans, now that's yucky!

While I enjoy an occasional Starbucks, Kava's been my coffee choice for a while now. It's 50% acid neutralized via potassium hydroxide, definitely more affordable than dung!
puppy rolleyes12
Posted By: Lotus777

Re: Coffee Anyone? - 12/09/12 08:01 PM

Absolutely not!! Glad I drink tea too!
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Coffee Anyone? - 12/09/12 08:15 PM

I saw that yesterday. It's just like the ones they get from monkeys. puppy
Posted By: Mad

Re: Coffee Anyone? - 12/09/12 08:38 PM

From monkey droppings ?? Double Ugh !!!! sick sick sick

Re: Coffee Anyone? - 12/10/12 02:52 AM

No, I sure didn't know that, Ana! Interesting...

Re: Coffee Anyone? - 12/10/12 02:58 AM

The less acid and the less caffeine the darker the roast. I thought it was weird that regular coffee makes me ill and the stronger flavored does not and they explained it to me at Starbucks. The longer the bean is roasted the more oil is removed so it loses the caffeine and acid. I was amazed because I always thought it was higher in caffeine and acid because it tastes stronger.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Coffee Anyone? - 12/10/12 05:05 AM

Ana, I didn't know that about coffee. Good to know as the caffeine is not a problem, but the acid can be. puppy

Re: Coffee Anyone? - 12/10/12 05:08 AM

Me too! I had to give up coffee for years and I can drink it again. color me happy!

Re: Coffee Anyone? - 12/10/12 06:28 AM

That definitely explains why strong black dark roast coffee doesn't make me "jittery." Ya learn something new every day!
Posted By: LeBelleRachael

Re: Coffee Anyone? - 12/10/12 06:55 AM

"animal infused coffee!"??!?!?! Thanx but no thanx.....ahem!! hardwall
© 2024 GameBoomers Community