GB HOMEPAGE

Strange E-mails

Posted By: cailyn

Strange E-mails - 12/12/12 07:55 PM

I keep getting these e-mails about 3 times a week about my Diablo acct.I have never played this game if that's what it is? They say that they have info on me that I'm trying to sell something on this acct,(that I don't have)I haven't clicked on the link they send me,I did mail them back but of course I get no reply!!Today I received 2 more headscratchHas any one else received these?
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Strange E-mails - 12/12/12 07:59 PM

THis should explain it here.

Just delete it and don't respond anymore.

Ana wave12
Posted By: cailyn

Re: Strange E-mails - 12/12/12 08:23 PM

Thank You Ana santaI knew you would have an answer for me urock
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Strange E-mails - 12/12/12 08:25 PM

I just got one from Amazon saying my order of a mans watch shipped but I don't have an order. It's the time of year for increased phishing mail.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Strange E-mails - 12/12/12 08:37 PM

I've had several from "express mail service" companies saying that I have a package waiting and to click on the link, blah blah. Balderdash and poppycock. razz12 Never click on any link unless you're absolutely 100% sure where it came from, and delete anything that claims you owe something if you're unfamiliar with the company. As Ana says, at this time of year the scammers are out in abundance.
Posted By: Lotus777

Re: Strange E-mails - 12/12/12 10:04 PM

The rotters, taking advantage of a giving season!! frown12
Posted By: Homer6

Re: Strange E-mails - 12/13/12 07:23 AM

I get these fake Diablo e-mails quite often. I know they're fake because I don't play Diablo, #1. I also look at the TO e-mail address to make sure it's my correct address, #2. Because I know who I have accounts with #1 usually is a dead giveaway it's a fake.

If you have any doubts whether something is from a company you do business with, open your browser, not through the e-mail, but the regular way you'd open your browser and go to that site. Look for a phone number or some way to contact them; I usually like to find a phone number since I like to speak to a live body.

Contact that company how it's specified and explain the situation. The ones I've called were more than happy to listen to my situation and in ALL cases assured me what I'd received was fake. They also took the time to give me their fraud department e-mail address so I could forward the fakes to them.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community