GB HOMEPAGE

Sunday

Posted By: gymcandy1

Sunday - 02/03/13 03:42 AM

Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I'll probably still be a dog. Sigh! There's so little hope for advancement.
Charles M. Schulz (1922 - 2000), (Snoopy)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PARAPROSDOKIANS (Winston Churchill loved them) are figures of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected and frequently humorous:

1. Where there's a will, I want to be in it.

2. The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on my list.

3. Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

4. If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

5. We never really grow up; we only learn how to act in public.

6. War does not determine who is right - only who is left..

7. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

8. They begin the evening news with 'Good Evening,' then proceed to tell you why it isn't.

9. To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

10. Buses stop in bus stations. Trains stop in train stations. On my desk is a work station.

11. I thought I wanted a career. Turns out I just wanted paychecks.

12. I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

13. I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

14. Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

15. Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.

16. A clear conscience is the sign of a fuzzy memory.

17. You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

18. Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

19. I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure.

20. To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

21. Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

22. Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

23. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

24. I am neither for nor against apathy.

25. Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

26. I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather, not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

27. How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?

28. Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

29. The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

30. Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won't expect it back.

31. Hospitality: making your guests feel like they're at home, even if you wish they were.

32. A bus is a vehicle that runs twice as fast when you are after it as when you are in it.

33. When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water.

34. Some cause happiness wherever they go. Others whenever they go.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Booze Quotes

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
- Frank Sinatra

Drinking provides a beautiful excuse to pursue the one activity that truly gives me pleasure, hooking up with fat hairy girls.
- Timothy Walsh

A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her.
- Anonymous

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?
- W.C. Fields

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
- Henny Youngman

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?
- Stephen Wright

When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep. When we fall asleep, we commit no sin. When we commit no sin, we go to heaven. Sooooo, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven...
- Brian O'Rourke

You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline... it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
- Frank Zappa

Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me.
- Winston Churchill

Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza.
- Dave Barry

The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind.
- Humphrey Bogart

I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer.
- Homer Simpson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good morning everyboomie. wave

Funny, it doesn't look like a Tuesday. headscratch

WAIT!! It's a four day week for me! That means it's really actually Hump Day. penguin

No wait, I'm not THAT happy yet. Use this little guy. woot

I call him Wootie......or is it Wooter? cool

Anyway I think I'll be the cool penguin on Friday. yes

Boy if I had a nickel every time I thought that! rolleyes

I'd definitely be rich if I had a nickel every time I wished this.

Have a happy day everyone. thumbsup

joe
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Sunday - 02/03/13 04:26 AM

You are getting closer Joe, happy Hump Day! It should be a quiet day since it's Super Bowl Sunday.
I will be doing a repeat of every other day. lol

Have a great day everyone!

Ana wave
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Sunday - 02/03/13 08:16 AM

Happy Sunday boomers,enjoy your day. smile
Here the weather is great hot and sunny happydance wave

Re: Sunday - 02/03/13 08:24 AM

lol Here the weather is very cold and dark. I hope you have a great day Haroula. Are you all feeling better now?
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Sunday - 02/03/13 09:40 AM

Yes,something with my stomach but now Im ok smile
Sorry about your weather frown wave
Posted By: cailyn

Re: Sunday - 02/03/13 10:27 AM

Good morning Joe,Ana,Haroula and all who follow me in waveHaroula glad your feeling better,Ana it's cold here and we got a dusting of snow over night eekHopeing that's all we get!Coffee is ready have a peaceful day everyone winter
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Sunday - 02/03/13 11:00 AM

wave Good Morning Joe, Ana, Haroula and Cailyn. Joe how nice you have a short work week! Ana hope you have a stress free Sunday! Maybe you can watch the "Puppy Bowl" on animal planet this afternoon. It's always a smile maker for me. Haroula glad to hear you are feeling better. Cailyn we got a dusting of snow to but it's sooo cold! shiver Happy day wished for all! wave
Posted By: venus

Re: Sunday - 02/03/13 11:02 AM

Hello and goodbye. wave
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Sunday - 02/03/13 11:10 AM

Good Morning venus. I hope you don't ave a long work day. wave
Posted By: GBC

Re: Sunday - 02/03/13 12:27 PM

Good Morning Boomers

Joe, happy time is almost here for you.

Ana, enjoy whatever you do today.

Haroula, glad you're feeling better.

Cailyn, coffee please and thank you.

Gerry, same weather here.

Venus, hi and bye.

Haven't felt well the past few days but I'm feeling better today. Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

Happy game day! rah
Posted By: SharonB

Re: Sunday - 02/03/13 01:32 PM

Good morning and Happy Sunday Gameboomers!

Had a little snow last night. Glad I don't have to go out. No appointments today! Yeah yay

Planning on a lazy day today. Will be busy enough tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone.

Ana hope your toe is less painful.

Sharon zombie
Posted By: connie

Re: Sunday - 02/03/13 01:49 PM

Good morning everyone. Hubby and I both have colds again. We just got over one a few weeks ago. It must be this crazy weather. Gail, I'm glad your feeling better. To all here and all who follow, have a Wonderful Sunday. Danish, Bacon Sandwiches, Cinnamon Buns, and Hot Chocolate in the NC. penguin
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Sunday - 02/03/13 03:01 PM

Loved the top 34 Joe. rotfl
Posted By: SharonB

Re: Sunday - 02/03/13 03:35 PM

Did I say a lazy day? smashpc I'm trying to program a new universal remote and having a rough time of it. I have 5 or 6 remotes I want to combine. Wish me luck. help crazy
Posted By: flutist

Re: Sunday - 02/03/13 04:51 PM

Good morning everyone.

Woke up to 3 inches of heavy wet snow. Good day to stay in. Thank you very much, think I will.

Susie and Vince will be watching the Super Bowl, we will be watching the Puppy Bowl. Much more fun. So will just have leftovers for dinner and brats for lunch.

Have a great day everyone. I'm gonna go play.

Bets
Posted By: Darlene

Re: Sunday - 02/03/13 05:28 PM

wave Howdy ho, sweet Joe! Thanks for the openers! Hope your Hump Day is happy!

Good morning, sweet 'Boomies!

Church this morning, then son, DIL, and grandbabies over for Super Bowl.

Alrighty, gotta skoosh! See you later!
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Sunday - 02/03/13 05:46 PM

Super Sunday ya'll puppy

Who is gearing up for the game? I'm heading up to make some dips when I finish this post. Son is up there now making guacomole. He has a friend coming over to watch with us. Before I go up to cook though, I need to vacuum. The dogs have contributed to the hairballs quite generously.

After the vac and the dips, Soot and I will start on the 2nd loft. I don't think we will finish it today in light of the Super Bowl timing, but that really won't matter cos the boys are supposed to go to mom's tonight. This one will be easier as we learned the do's and don't's on the first one. We both have very sore tight backs from yesterday, but that is ok.

It's supposed to be a beautiful day but don't think we will have time to take the 4 legged ones walking. We shall see.

Last night Soot and I came down to watch Pirates with son and the boys. About 1/2 way through I looked over at the couch, and there was son asleep with the Per next to him on the couch asleep and the Cully on the floor next to the couch asleep. It was really cute.

Back later wave

Re: Sunday - 02/03/13 06:02 PM

Well, it's 11 am and my huge pot of chili is almost done, a dozen pork chops are done, everyone has had their breakfast protein shakes, Peter's lunch is packed and he is off to work, hubby is at the club, and I threw in a load of wash. I am finally ready to sit and start my workday. Are we having fun yet?

Gail, how many more treatments? Prayers you won't have any more sick days. hearts
Posted By: Yankee Clipper

Re: Sunday - 02/03/13 07:55 PM

The sour cherry tablets from King Orchards arrived yesterday -that was quick and I took a tab last night and 1 this AM and I don't hurt as much oh joy!!! They seem like a good company to work with. Thanks all.

Gotta do dishes but hotsky to game.

Happy Sunday all
Posted By: auntiegram

Re: Sunday - 02/03/13 08:07 PM

Ana now I am tried and ready for a nap after reading your post. lol Just kidding. Lasy day here just because I can. Good luck in the corner. Do you still have the grandpups???

L4l and Soot hope the backsides feel better soonest! God luck with the other bed.

Bets Happy Gaming!!

venus happy work!! grin

Gail glad you are feeling better and prayers that you will stay that way for awhile!! HUGS!

Cailyn and Gerry stay warm. Thanks for the coffee.

Darlene enjoy church and have fun watching the game together.

Connie HUGS and Prayers headed up for you and hubby. Hope it is gone soonest!!

Haroula glad you are feeling better. Enjoy the nice weather. we only went to a +3f last night and now it is +7f! Feels cooler though with the wind.

Joe happy hump day!! May work fly and go well. Thanks for the laughs.

Sharon glad you can have a relaxing day before tomorrow. Good mluck with the remotes. I would rather just use each one by itself. lol

Space have a lovely day and enjoy the game.

wave
Nan

Re: Sunday - 02/03/13 09:08 PM

Dips are made and the kitchen is semi-clean. Dishwasher is running and there is another load waiting.

Soot and the boys and son are building the 2nd loft . It is going much much faster than the first one happydance

Now it's time to sit for a bit before I can swap dishes. Maybe it's time to lay for a bit....hmmmmm will have to ponder that. wave
Posted By: luv2travel

Re: Sunday - 02/03/13 11:59 PM

Hi Boomies!
Been sick for a week, but think the worst is over. Still left with a bad cough.
Made it out to the market for badly needed items, and now washing my bedding, while watching the Puppy Bowl. No football in this house.
It's a grey, gloomy day. We sure have missed our sun so far. Kitty half-time now, gotta go!
Enjoy your super bowl day, or whatever!
Andrea wave
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: Sunday - 02/04/13 12:51 AM

It's terribly quiet around here. The Superbowl must have started. I'm not watching. I'll just check in from time to time. Getting some yard work and vacuuming done today instead. I'll watch the infamous commercials later on the internet.

The SealCam is working well. Today, the same 2-3 protesters were there, this time with 2 beach umbrellas (huge) and 3 chairs, a guitar, loads of other 'packs'. Before long, all the spectators who were respecting the rope barrier, got sucked in by the protesters and there were now 20-25 people and children on the wrong side of the rope.

Then the camera panned over to show a park ranger quietly talking to small groups of people, who immediately went back to the correct side of the rope. He did not interact with the protesters, but the camera zoomed in close on them and stayed there. At one time it looked like the male was trying to feed the seals. That's a strict NO NO. One huge seal got right up to his hand. Could have lost that hand! That was just before the ranger stepped in.

Now the protest group seems to be packing up and moving on. Way too much fuss and endangering people and animals to 'prove a point'. Hope it all calms down now that it's getting towards evening. Seal need to lie on the beach and sleep and they only give birth at night. Neat, the camera is a 'night vision' so we can watch. I'm hoping to see one born.

Off to not watch the Superbowl.

Re: Sunday - 02/04/13 12:58 AM

Andrea, hope you get to feeling 100% quick.

Sorta, maybe they need to turn the cameras off so the protesters get bored and go away. So sad.

Back to the corner again....

Re: Sunday - 02/04/13 01:34 AM

Ahhhh all full of yummy foods. Poor dogs are being tortured. Kitchen and den full of food and they are not allowed in either.

Fire going, and happy people watching football. Back in a bit! wave
Posted By: gymcandy1

Re: Sunday - 02/04/13 01:47 AM

Hello everybody. wave

I hope you're all having a Super Sun day. yay

I'm enjoying the game with pizza and beer. penguin

OH...no that's milk. woot

I'll watch the half time show and then get my shower. happydance

joe
Posted By: Midge

Re: Sunday - 02/04/13 03:29 AM

Hi guys,
Watching the Super Bowl. I'm rooting for the 49ers because my sister lives in San Fran. Doesn't look promising for them though. They just scored a TD but have a ways to go before they catch up. GO 49ers!

Ana you need something to do my Dear. You have much too much time on your hands. rotfl Really. You're making me tired. PLease slow down.

Midgie hearts

Re: Sunday - 02/04/13 04:05 AM

Arrrrgh! Heading for bed. Sleep well all sleep

Re: Sunday - 02/04/13 04:05 AM

Midgie, they are on fire!
Posted By: Midge

Re: Sunday - 02/04/13 04:31 AM

Ana they could win! yay I can't stand this! Remember when it was your team and mine playing? That was exciting!

OK. Now I'm tired. I have an early work shift in the morning. See you all in the AM. Night al.

Midgie sleep
I'm watching the rest of the game in bed.
Posted By: auntiegram

Re: Sunday - 02/04/13 05:27 AM

Night everybody sleep well and pleasant dreams!!!

sleep
Nan
© 2024 GameBoomers Community