GB HOMEPAGE

Need Some Advice

Posted By: Darleen03

Need Some Advice - 02/09/13 05:27 PM

Hi all...

Today we are snowed in ,and my vet is not in the office...

About three days ago Sookie has been sneezing..Not all the time, only when she goes outside in the cold air..

She is eating ok, and playing, bathroom is ok... But ..I am concerned about this sneezing....She is not coughing...

She does have a little runny nose when she is outside... I am worried....Is this normal for some dogs....Rosie never had this problem...

Also Sookie is on antihistamine pills for life due to her itching which has got much better since she is on the pills...

Thanks
For any imput... puppy
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: Need Some Advice - 02/09/13 06:35 PM

Not a vet, but in humans, since I've taken antihistamines forever, and lived in areas where it snows, I can tell you that the antihistamines dry out the nose and when cold cold air hits, I sneeze over and over. Also the glare off the snow from the sun, causes me to sneeze. Might be what's bothering Sookie. Best to check with a vet when they are back in the office. puppy
Posted By: niteowl07

Re: Need Some Advice - 02/09/13 07:49 PM

darleen , as a life long dog owner ,i would NOT be concerned . i think if you want to check it out for peace of mind,go for it ,but it sounds like the anti -histamine dries her nose a little,then when she's outside the combination of cold air shrinking and moisturizing her nasal passages makes it run a little ,same thing with me !

as long as she doesn't have any other symptoms like a fever,yuking ,etc, I think you'll be okay over the weekend. hugs -they are just like little kids,aren't they ?

ps -some dogs do this in snow and cold even without being on anti-histamines.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Need Some Advice - 02/09/13 08:00 PM

I agree - as long as she shows no other symptoms, I'd go with the other thoughts here about drying and cold air.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Need Some Advice - 02/09/13 08:00 PM

I echo what has been said before. It sounds like normal operations with the cold. I'd watch her for awhile and if it gets worse, you could check with the vet for your own peace of mind. puppy

Re: Need Some Advice - 02/09/13 11:02 PM

Thank You, Sorta, Niteowl, Drac, L4L...

I appreciate your input... I needed some rest assurance until Monday....

Its most likely nothing, but I am scared, cause she was at the groomers a week ago...

There are many dogs in ,and out of there....

Sookie is only three years old.... Maybe she needs a Bordetella booster shot... duh

I have to watch everything, cause these poor babies can't tell you whats wrong...

Re: Need Some Advice - 02/10/13 07:11 PM

aaah ! now i see why you were worried .you will know if it's bordetella - she will sound like a warthog snuffling the wrong way.

i agree , it pays to be alert ! best wishes !

Re: Need Some Advice - 02/11/13 09:28 PM

Ok....Took her to the vet....

She is ok....But I have to cut down the antihistamines to once a day instead of twice a day.....

They are drying out her nostrils...

So relieved yes
Posted By: Mad

Re: Need Some Advice - 02/11/13 11:52 PM

bravo bravo bravo

Re: Need Some Advice - 02/12/13 12:36 AM

So glad to hear it, Darleen puppy
Posted By: SharonB

Re: Need Some Advice - 02/12/13 01:40 AM

Good news! puppy

Re: Need Some Advice - 02/12/13 06:47 AM

happydance
Posted By: connie

Re: Need Some Advice - 02/12/13 01:37 PM

Great news. happydance
Posted By: Lotus777

Re: Need Some Advice - 02/12/13 04:20 PM

Oh what a relief that must be!!! Happy to hear this!! yes

Re: Need Some Advice - 02/12/13 11:37 PM

Hi all

Thank You So Much for your well wishes, and concern....

Here is a Recent Picture of "Sookie"

My Baby Girl
Posted By: Mad

Re: Need Some Advice - 02/12/13 11:39 PM

Thanks for the picture !! And what a cutie kissy
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Need Some Advice - 02/13/13 12:14 AM

She's adorable!

Re: Need Some Advice - 02/13/13 01:22 AM

What a cutie!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community