GB HOMEPAGE

locating chips in dog

Posted By: family

locating chips in dog - 02/19/13 10:10 PM

i think that putting chips in the dog head is better, i use to do flyers to found the dog and i got a man asking for money for the dog he thought was mine before and beat it, it was awful, and wanted to come over and collect money, so i am glad my niece put a chip in brandy head.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: locating chips in dog - 02/19/13 10:18 PM

I am not sure about putting chips in the dogs head, but mine do have them in the scruff. I think chipping them is a great idea.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: locating chips in dog - 02/19/13 10:58 PM

Yes, they don't put the chips in the head, but in the scruff of the neck. That's how we found the owner of a dog who wandered up to our place. The owner didn't really want the dog any more because she kept running off, so we acquired one of the best and sweetest dogs ever!

Re: locating chips in dog - 02/19/13 11:11 PM

Maybe that dog kept running away because he needed a better home. Glad you found him Drac. hearts
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: locating chips in dog - 02/20/13 12:47 AM

Charlie definitely found her true "home" here! Although she took off a couple of times, she never leaves now and we've had her for two years. Charlie is half Pit Bull and would never have survived a shelter. Hands down, the sweetest dog I ever met! We are blessed she found us.

Re: locating chips in dog - 02/20/13 12:59 AM

I love happy endings...
Posted By: aserID

Re: locating chips in dog - 02/20/13 03:32 AM

Ana, speaking of doggies, puppy
I saw a picture of your
dog the other day -- wow,
Ana!! He's beautiful!

And is that your other dog
on the left side of the
picture?

Beautiful surroundings, too!

Aser wave

Re: locating chips in dog - 02/20/13 04:19 AM

Thanks Aser, If you saw the pic when Shadow found the shed, I take it you are asking about Merlin. Here is a full picture. He is 87 pounds of love. Shadow is 96 pounds. lol
Posted By: aserID

Re: locating chips in dog - 02/20/13 05:36 AM

My gosh, Ana, Merlin's
just as beautiful as
Shadow! What a pair of
beautiful pets!

Thanks for allowing us
to see them!

Aser wave

Re: locating chips in dog - 02/20/13 04:14 PM

AWw shucks, thanks aser. He is the sunshine in my day. A once in a lifetime special dog.
Posted By: Lotus777

Re: locating chips in dog - 02/20/13 07:52 PM

Our dogs are chipped also but I have heard horror stories about different readers that won't see your chips but others and also that the chips can travel and usually go down ie. gravity and have been later located in legs! I hope none of us ever has need of them and I will continue to chip my pets. That is a great shot of Merlin. puppy I didn't realize just how big your boys are!! Our girls are about half of their weight!!
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: locating chips in dog - 02/20/13 08:37 PM

I ask my vet to scan the chip location when we go in for their annual appointments. So far, all are where they started. Love love love chips puppy

Re: locating chips in dog - 02/20/13 08:46 PM

Lotus, despite his looks Merlin's mom was a purebred German Shepard. He is the height and weight of a typical male shepard. They are both quite a presence together because they tend to be much larger than the average dogs at the park. lol

Re: locating chips in dog - 02/20/13 10:55 PM

my ex roommate before my husband let the dog out, she open my bedroom door, and left the front gate and front door open, i am glad she is gone, and ana you have a beautiful dog.

Re: locating chips in dog - 02/20/13 10:58 PM

Do you have a dog now family? And Merlin says thank you. puppy

Re: locating chips in dog - 02/20/13 11:35 PM

yes brandy my sister found her in the road, and a cat that no one wanted, and your welcome to merlin.

Re: locating chips in dog - 02/20/13 11:42 PM

Glad you have a pet now, they bring lots of joy to us. grin

Re: locating chips in dog - 02/21/13 06:01 AM

both the dog and the cat bring joy to my husband and me, rinty was lost because the ex roommate let him out in the year 2000, then frances was put down, then moe was put down because they couldn't walk, now i have brandy a chihuahua mix, and puddin the cat.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community