GB HOMEPAGE

cooking with lobster

Posted By: family

cooking with lobster - 02/20/13 10:28 PM

barefoot contessa made lobster mac and cheese that look good, where can you find cheap lobster.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: cooking with lobster - 02/20/13 10:54 PM

We have fish warehouses in the city that restaurants buy from that have wholesale fish and lobster. Other than that be wary of other "discount" seafood because you really need to be sure it's fresh.

Re: cooking with lobster - 02/20/13 10:55 PM

okay thank you very much.
Posted By: thracia

Re: cooking with lobster - 02/21/13 01:58 AM

My local BJ's sells frozen lobster tails, have not had a problem with their seafood. I don't know if they have BJ's where you are.

thracia
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: cooking with lobster - 02/21/13 02:40 AM

family...There is no real cheap lobster ...

But you can get the imitation kind for your recipe HERE You can get it anywhere it doesn't have to be Shop-Rite...

Re: cooking with lobster - 02/21/13 03:26 AM

It would be better to substitute shrimp or crab than to use the imitation. It's an unhealthy chemical and sugar laden substitute. It would still taste good.

Ana wave

Re: cooking with lobster - 02/21/13 07:02 PM

okay thank you guys very much.
Posted By: Lotus777

Re: cooking with lobster - 02/21/13 08:49 PM

CNN has been reporting that about 1/3 of seafood products are mislabeled. How nice is that! I don't know if they can really fake you out on lobster, though. I know it is expensive on the Maine Coast and that is where it comes from....for the most part. Only kind I ever wanted. I don't eat it anymore.

Re: cooking with lobster - 02/21/13 09:37 PM

Imitation is disgusting. They soak cheap fish in lobster water sick and then add a ton of sugars in various forms to it along with other bits of miscellaneous chemicals. Better off buying plain fish and season it to your tastes.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: cooking with lobster - 02/21/13 11:06 PM

It is disgusting stuff and the texture is absolute rubber.
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: cooking with lobster - 02/21/13 11:09 PM

I used to buy California Roll Sushi (real crab and avocado) at Costco. Now it clearly says 'imitation crab'. Not buying it anymore. Not the same.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community