GB HOMEPAGE

Hump Day

Posted By: gymcandy1

Hump Day - 03/13/13 12:51 AM

Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.
George Burns (1896 - 1996)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Landlord Letters

1. The toilet is blocked and we cannot bathe the children until it is cleared.

2. I want some repairs done to my stove as it has backfired and burnt my knob off.

3. This is to let you know that there is a smell coming from the man next door.

4. The toilet seat is cracked: where do I stand?

5. I am writing on behalf of my sink, which is running away from the wall.

6. I request your permission to remove my drawers in the kitchen.

7. Our lavatory seat is broken in half and is now in three pieces.

8. The person next door has a large erection in his back garden, which is unsightly and dangerous.

9. Will you please send someone to mend our cracked sidewalk. Yesterday my wife tripped on it and is now pregnant.

10. Our kitchen floor is very damp, we have two children and would like a third, so will you please send someone to do something about it.

11. Will you please send a man to look at my water, it is a funny color and not fit to drink.

12. Would you please send a man to repair my downspout. I am an old age pensioner and need it straight away.

13. Could you please send someone to fix our bath tap. My wife got her toe stuck in it and it is very uncomfortable for us.

14. I want to complain about the farmer across the road. Every morning at 5:30 his [blip] wakes me up, and it is getting too much.

15. When the workmen were here they put their tools in my wife's new drawers and made a mess. Please send men with clean tools to finish the job and keep my wife happy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cynic's Guide to Life

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a squeaking fan belt and a leaky tire.

I believe for every drop of rain that falls, a flower grows. And a foundation leaks and a ball game gets rained out and a car rusts and...

Follow your dream. Unless it's the one where you're at work in your underwear during a fire drill.

Always take time to stop and smell the roses... and sooner or later you'll inhale a bee.

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.

If you don't like my driving, don't call anyone. Just take another road. That's why the highway department made so many of them.

If a motorists cuts you off, just turn the other cheek. Nothings gets the message across like a good mooning.

When I'm feeling down, I like to whistle. It makes the neighbor's dog run to the end of his chain and gag himself.

It's always darkest before the dawn. So if you're going to steal the neighbor's newspaper, that's the time to do it.

Each day I try to enjoy something from each of the four food groups: the bon bon group, the salty-snack group, the caffeine group, and the 'thing-in-the-tinfoil-in-the-back-of-the-fridge' group.

Just remember... You gotta break some eggs to make a real mess on the neighbor's car.

When you find yourself getting irritated with someone, try to remember that all men are brothers... and just give them a noogie or an Indian burn.

This morning I woke up to the unmistakable scent of pigs in a blanket. That's the price you pay for letting the relatives say over.

Love is like a roller coaster. If you like it, you don't want to get off, and when you don't... you can't wait to throw up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crazy Laws

Penal Code 6260, California State Vehicle Act, Chapter XVIII, Paragrapf 187, reads:
It is a misdemeanor to shoot any kind of game bird or mammal--except a whale, from an automobile or an airplane.

Ordinance No. 16 of Columbus, Mont. provides that;
Any person who shall not lift his hat to the Mayor as he passes him in the street, will be guilty of a misdemeanor.

Boys are prohibited from throwing snowballs at trees within the city limits of Mt. Pulaski, Ill., according to Section 37 of the Revised Ordinances of that city.

All Wisconsin boarding houses clubs, hotels and restaurants must serve with every meal sold at twenty-five cents or more, not less than two-thirds of an ounce of cheese.

Connecticut General Statutes provides for the punishment by fine or imprisonment for the "Enticing of a neighbor's bees".

The Revised Statutes of Kansas, 1923, state: It shall be unlawful for any person to exhibit in a public way within the State of Kansas, any sort of exhibition that consists of the eating or pretending to eat of snakes, lizaeds, scorpions, centipedes, tarantulas, or other reptiles.

The State Housing Act of California, Sec. 74 reads: No horse, cow, calf, swine, sheep, goat, mule, or other animal, chicken, pigeon, goose, duck, or other poultry shall be kept in any apartment house or hotel or any part thereof.

In Alderson W.Va, an ordinance states: No lions shall be allowed to run wild on the streets of this city.

This is the law in Kansas: When two trains approach each other at a crossing, they shall both come to a complete stop, and neither shall start up until the other has gone.

In 1907, Michigan passed a law which reads: An act to provide for the lawful taking of suckers, mullet, dogfish, and lawyers from the Sturgeon River
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good morning everyboomie. wave

Getting ready for a 5:00 start in the morning and I'm already ready for bed. (Said in between dozing off, and dreaming of storming up and down the creek looking for points.) tired

One problem is that it takes an hour longer to get dark now. slapforehead

If you gotta get up at 3:30, it's best to (at 61) hit the crib at zero dark thirty. sleep

I gotta haircut today, which means there will be less hair between my head, and my pillow so I'm sure it will be less cracklely, or rustley, so it should be quieter, and easier to fall asleep. lol

Then again my head will be lighter, and have a harder time sinking down in my pillow. taz

Don't ask me what THAT means. crazy

Probably that I've been awake too long. lol

Have a happy day everyone.

joe

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Hump Day - 03/13/13 01:56 AM

lol Joe, I hope that the lack of hairs do not interfere with your ability to sleep. That is an ungodly hour to get up though. I could never force myself to go to sleep.
I hope your mom is doing better today. hearts

Have a happy day everyone!
Posted By: Midge

Re: Hump Day - 03/13/13 02:41 AM

Aw Joe. That's way too early to get up and go to work. Hi Ana kissy. I'm home from a very busy day and I'm gonna enjoy my one day off tomorrow. Might just go see Mom. Haven't decided yet. This was my day today: I worked for the Blisses from 8am to 11am, thenPT from 11:30 for an hour, then off to my new client from 2:30 to 4:30pm, then back to the Blisses from 5 to 8pm. Now I'm tired. Looking forward to having a choice about what tomorrow"s agenda will be. I might take Rob with me wif I go see my Mom.

See you on the flip side.

Midgie hearts

Re: Hump Day - 03/13/13 03:59 AM

Midgie, I hope you can go see your mom today. That would be nice for you and mom if Rob went with. Big hugs my friend.

Ana wave
Posted By: auntiegram

Re: Hump Day - 03/13/13 04:35 AM

Midge sending prayers for the Band around you as you travel today to see your mom!! Have a lovely visit and hope that Rob goes with!

Joe may the work part of the day fly! Thanks for the chuckles.

Ana hope the corner is being kind to you and that there is a little sliver of light!!

wave
Nan

Re: Hump Day - 03/13/13 04:37 AM

Nan, one will be done in the morning and the other hopefully before bed. yay
Whatcha doing today?
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Hump Day - 03/13/13 08:25 AM

Good morning Joe,Ana,Nan and all who come in later wave
Hot and sunny here 26C. woozy
Have all a great day happydance
Posted By: cailyn

Re: Hump Day - 03/13/13 08:34 AM

Good morning Joe,Ana,Nan,Midge,Haroula waveJoe I'm getting a haircut today too,how is your mom doing?Coffee is ready I'll keep it hot! No sun here it rained all night so most of the snow is gone yayHappy day to everyone leprechaun
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Hump Day - 03/13/13 10:54 AM

wave Good Morning Joe, Ana, Midgie, Nan, Haroula and Cailyn. Joe hope Mom is good. Ana enjoy your day. Midgie it's nice you get to spend time with your Mom today. Nan wishing you a lovely day. Haroula enjoy the sunshine. Cailyn rained here too all day yesterday but we still have lots of snow! Happy Day All! wave
Posted By: GBC

Re: Hump Day - 03/13/13 11:37 AM

Good Morning Boomers

Joe, have a great day!

Ana, hope your day runs smoothly.

Midgie, hope you get to visit your Mom.

Nan, good morning. Wishing you a great day.

Haroula, enjoy your warm weather.

Cailyn, coffee is much appreciated.

Gerry, rain took away a lot oif our snow.

To all who enter I'm wishing a happy day. StPats
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Hump Day - 03/13/13 11:42 AM

Good Morning GBC. It took away a lot of our snow too, but I still can't see the grass! wave
Posted By: Darlene

Re: Hump Day - 03/13/13 03:02 PM

wave Howdy ho, sweet Joe! Thanks for the openers! Hope your Hump Day goes happily and big hugs for your Mum!

Good morning, sweet 'Boomies!

Alrighty, gotta skoosh! See you later!
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Hump Day - 03/13/13 04:42 PM

Wonderful Wednesday ya'll wave

Skyman is sitting here with his paw on my arm patiently trying to stare me down so I'll go feed the monkeys. Nope, not going to do it til I drink some more coffee.

Tomorrow is son's b'day, so I will be planning dinner and checking ingredients so we can have a small celebration.

I will also be doing laundry.

And in between that, I'll be doing something. wave

Joe, I hope your mom is better today.
Posted By: Yankee Clipper

Re: Hump Day - 03/13/13 06:12 PM

hi all -still have the arthritis and oh how it hurts. And I can't play games as yet and I have to go to a neurologist/rheumatologist next week. Dang. All who need it, let's get well and make March go out like a lamb. Byebye

Re: Hump Day - 03/13/13 08:37 PM

Joe hope you will be bring mom home today!! May work fly by fast.

Ana great that one should be done by now and the other tonight. I be doing laundry today then....run the taxi!!

Tonight I will just drop them off and then take a friend to the hospital. She brought her huby to the ER and they sent him to Duluth by ambulence with something to do about his heart. sad These are my BINGO kidnappers.

wave Haroula, Cailyn, Gerry, Gail, Darlene, L4l and Yankee!!! Have a wonderful day!! Yankee hope they can do something for "art"!!

wave
Nan
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Hump Day - 03/13/13 08:58 PM

We are half way to the weekend. smile

We have snow falling here. shiver

Re: Hump Day - 03/13/13 09:52 PM

Hello everybody. wave

It is a gorgeous day in this neck of the woods. yay

My sister brought Mom home today. bravo

She's very happy to be home, and her 5 cats are very happy now as well. catrub

I have another early day Thursday & Friday before having the weekend off. penguin

I've gotta get a shower and get something to eat, and then get ready for beddie-bye. sleep

I hope everyone is doing well, and having a great day. happydance

joe

Re: Hump Day - 03/13/13 10:09 PM

WooHooo Joe, so glad to hear that mom is home. wave

Re: Hump Day - 03/13/13 10:11 PM

Glad your mom is home Joe! rah

My day started out great but went downhill from there. lol I did however grab the dogs and take a hike along the creek to get them and me some much needed air. Back to the corner for me...
Posted By: Lotus777

Re: Hump Day - 03/13/13 10:29 PM

Aww Ana, that rotten gravity!!
Joe, so glad your Mum is home again. Five kitties sounds wonderful to me..we used to have six. catrub
Glad to hear the snow blanket is wearing thin in New England, Sue and Gerry. My Auntie in Maine told me the same thing today.
How are you doing Gail?
Hope you get to see your Mum too Midgie!
Oh Haroula, please send me some of that warmth and sunshine!!
Hope you are having a good day Darlene.
Enjoy the in betweens L4L!!
Take care Nan and drive safe!! I hope your friends hubby will be okay.
I hope that horrid Art leaves soon, Yankee...who needs an unwelcome guest like he is??!!
And Space, if ever anyone is in doubt at where in the week we are....thank you for your updates!!
TahTah everyone and Happy Gaming!! wave

Re: Hump Day - 03/13/13 11:52 PM

Thanks L4L, Ana, & Lotus. wave

The real challenge starts now. Mom cannot drive anymore, and it's going to be challenging for us to work and ensure Mom gets to where she needs to go and to where she has to go, and to have someone with her all the time. yes

There is already talk of selling this place, and putting Mom in a nursing home, or assisted living. smirk

joe

Re: Hump Day - 03/14/13 01:14 AM

Oh Joe, that's not good news at all. sad Can't you hire someone to care for your mom?

Yankee, I am so sorry you are still hurting. Are you sure something you are eating isn't causing this?

Nan, prayers for your friend.

Re: Hump Day - 03/14/13 01:47 AM

Oh Joe, that is so hard. Soot's mom can't drive anymore and it's a challenge to keep her from doing it. Does sis work?
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Hump Day - 03/14/13 02:43 AM

Good night Boomers. wave

Re: Hump Day - 03/14/13 03:50 AM

Night all...time to go see what Rand, Elayne, Egwene, and Perrin are up to. Sleep well sleep

Re: Hump Day - 03/14/13 04:50 AM

Joe glad mom came home today but sorry to hear the other news. HUGS!!

Ana glad you at least made it out with the dogs for awhile!!

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers!! You all are so thoughtful. They did not send him to Duluth but he will be in the hospital for about three days. They found out that he has blood clots in the lungs so are now treating him for such!!

I think it is time here to find my pillow. Night everybody sleep well and pleasant dreams!!

sleep
Nan
Posted By: niteowl07

Re: Hump Day - 03/14/13 06:23 AM

awww,joe ,sorry to hear that about your mom. Do you have a senior center that could link you to transportation facilities for medical stuff and outings ? sometimes the discharge section in the hospital can help with links. hugs to you,sweetie.

nan , glad your friend got a diagnosis and is being treated - prayers out for him.

sun was out here ,but it wasn't all that warm.

the excitement for this week was that the maintenance guy was digging a hole in front of my place to plant a tree ( to replace the one that fell in the storm ), and punched through the water main. rolleyes so we had no water for awhile...i had been gluing postcards so i ended up with glue gloves for an hour. melodee was most unhappy her bathroom sink was not producing lol

hope it's a quieter , more productive day tomorrow for me,lol

off to check my pillow ,see you all later !

catrub sleep
© 2024 GameBoomers Community