GB HOMEPAGE

board games

Posted By: family

board games - 04/29/13 02:17 AM

do they still make board games like monoply, and clue.
Posted By: niteowl07

Re: board games - 04/29/13 02:19 AM

yep , they do !
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: board games - 04/29/13 02:23 AM

There are loads at Target. Pretty much any big box store should have them.

Re: board games - 04/29/13 02:25 AM

okay thank you guys very much.
Posted By: Jarkeld

Re: board games - 04/29/13 11:37 PM

I love Arkham Horror. Not for the casual board game player. Takes quite a while to finish one session.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: board games - 04/30/13 10:46 AM

I'll bet there are some kids out there that don't know what a "physical" board game is!
Posted By: Jarkeld

Re: board games - 04/30/13 01:04 PM

And that's a real shame. I've played computergames since I was 8, but we cherished the evenings when we'd play one of the various board games we owned.
Posted By: Gimli

Re: board games - 04/30/13 02:01 PM

We have (had) board games here in Switzerland too and my family played quite a lot, mostly Monopoly and .... awww... the one with the small cones... I don't remember the name. Too long ago sad
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: board games - 04/30/13 05:00 PM

Pony Express! Was my favorite. Now it's an 'antique'. I wish I had mine now. I played with it endlessly. Little plastic men on horses were the tokens. I collect antique board games. Have quite a few neat ones. Charlie Chan is awesome. I think it's from the 1930's or 40's. Have to check. Lots of old stuff in my collection.
Posted By: Reenie

Re: board games - 05/01/13 12:16 AM

Lots of "Monopoly" in our house, too. Don't forget "Scrabble," you guys! We wore out the surface of our board and wore the letters off some of the pieces. LOL
Posted By: niteowl07

Re: board games - 05/01/13 02:50 AM

we still play board games - pente and shogi ,scrabble ,and guessing games,pick up sticks (the one with the crutches ,ladders ,and such )

this is a game playing family - our way to wind down after big or small get togethers !

also the classics like checkers with the younger members.

Re: board games - 05/02/13 02:44 AM

thanks very much everybody and for your help.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community