GB HOMEPAGE

Upscale Blender Query

Posted By: looney4labs

Upscale Blender Query - 05/16/13 05:54 PM

Hi guys

Hubby and I are looking for a very powerful blender. We've been considering a Vitamix. Anyone have any experience with them?

thanks
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Upscale Blender Query - 05/16/13 06:10 PM

I love love love my Vitamix! If you wait until there is a demo at Costco you can save a couple hundred dollars. I have the Viamix 6300.Be careful of "deals" from unauthorized dealers because you will lose your 7 year full warranty.
Posted By: Lotus777

Re: Upscale Blender Query - 05/16/13 06:13 PM

Hi L4L. wave My bestie has one and she is quite pleased with it although she says it doesn't make juice in quite the same way her Breville did...(I got the Breville and love it). I also have a Ninja Prep Master Blender that I am even more crazy about. The power is in the lid thing, kind of like a bullet and it comes with four containers and some seriously sharp knife attachments. It makes "snow" easily and I use mine for chopping onions, about three pulses, to "grating" cheese, a few extra pulses. I am super happy with it and it cost about $64 on EBay. tomato The combination of both machines works really well for me. I made a simple juice yesterday with eight apples, five or six carrots, a mango and two oranges. It is all but gone.....sooo good!!!

Re: Upscale Blender Query - 05/16/13 06:19 PM

I have the Ninja too Lotus and I packed it away when I got the Vitamix but brought it back out of retirement a short while later. They are both useful for different things.

Re: Upscale Blender Query - 05/16/13 06:46 PM

Thanks Ana, that is actually what got us thinking.

Thanks Lotus, I didn't know Breville made blenders. I had a grill of theirs that I used all the time until I accidentally broke it.

I have a mandolin that I often use for slicing and I "chunk" by hand with my cleaver that I've had for 30+ years. wave

Re: Upscale Blender Query - 05/16/13 06:50 PM

In the Vitamix, if you use it for chopping things like carrots, onions or other "hard" objects you just add water in the Vitamix and then do it so the little pieces float up and the big ones sink. Otherwise it is so powerful you will have soup in a minute. rotfl

It makes fantastic soups, sauces and ice cream!

Re: Upscale Blender Query - 05/16/13 07:06 PM

Yes, hubby was telling me about a chocolate ice cream they made with all veggies, ice, and chocolate. He said it was yummy. puppy

Re: Upscale Blender Query - 05/16/13 07:09 PM

The vanilla is fantastic too! Just bananas, pure vanilla extract and ice.

Re: Upscale Blender Query - 05/16/13 07:35 PM

Sounds yummy! And healthy!
Posted By: Lotus777

Re: Upscale Blender Query - 05/16/13 10:41 PM

My Breville is a juicer, just to make clear. Ana, you would have me sold except I am running out of space, lol....then again...

Re: Upscale Blender Query - 05/16/13 10:52 PM

Ahhh, thanks Lotus....My brain is Not firing on all cylinders today. It's not used to early morning duty puppy
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Upscale Blender Query - 05/17/13 10:24 AM

Makes me want to get one for making yummy summer smoothies!

Re: Upscale Blender Query - 05/17/13 03:22 PM

Ok, we did it. Bought a Vitamix. Made us all smoothies when we got home after our walk this morning. Now will come a time of lots of experimenting. I loved the way it could make soup.

Bought one for middle son who's b'day is tomorrow. There was nothing on his "list" right now...lots of possibilities but nothing in particular that he wanted. However, as he does most of the cooking in his family and is really big on eating right, I think he'll love it. It will be late but that's ok.

Re: Upscale Blender Query - 05/17/13 03:33 PM

L4L, enjoy your new toy! yay Have fun trying out new things.

Gerry, I have a smoothie for breakfast every day.

Re: Upscale Blender Query - 05/17/13 03:56 PM

I'm sure I will Ana. I think Soot wants to play too wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community