GB HOMEPAGE

Mt Hood Alpine Slide ride

Posted By: Terri824

Mt Hood Alpine Slide ride - 06/08/13 07:07 PM

Anyone familiar with this ride? We will be going to the Mt Hood Adventure Park in Oregon and I am trying to decide if it would be feasible for me to attempt this. Not sure how much it bounces you around and I have arthritis and osteoporosis.
Thanks Boomers for your help!
Posted By: Marian

Re: Mt Hood Alpine Slide ride - 06/08/13 07:16 PM

Is this what you are referring to? Maybe this will provide some useful information, and hopefully someone here will have some actual experience with it. wave
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Mt Hood Alpine Slide ride - 06/08/13 07:35 PM

That sure looks like fun. happydance
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Mt Hood Alpine Slide ride - 06/08/13 07:55 PM

I'd so totally be doing that ride even at my age!
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Mt Hood Alpine Slide ride - 06/09/13 10:09 AM

It does look like fun!
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Mt Hood Alpine Slide ride - 06/09/13 03:50 PM

Go for the zipline too! Fun, fun, fun!

Re: Mt Hood Alpine Slide ride - 06/09/13 05:16 PM

Now, I know someone must have done this Alpine ride, speak up. I most likely will do the Alpine since I already have my tickets. Ana I did the zipline last year in Costa Rica. No adrenaline which surprised me. Don't get me wrong it was fun and on my bucket list, but not exciting.
Terri wave
Posted By: BobH

Re: Mt Hood Alpine Slide ride - 06/10/13 04:14 AM

I called my sister who lives in Vancouver, WA but none of her family has tried it and they didn't have any real information.

I hope you find what you need to decide. Enjoy!

Re: Mt Hood Alpine Slide ride - 06/11/13 04:10 AM

Hi Bob. Thank you so much, that was very thoughtful and kind.
I know there's a lot to do there, a lot of things I'd like to do but won't be able to do.
Again thanks. I'll be on the slopes (alpine ride). lol

Terri wave

Re: Mt Hood Alpine Slide ride - 06/11/13 09:37 AM

Zipline Ana!! scared Not for me! I like to keep my feet on the ground! happydance

Re: Mt Hood Alpine Slide ride - 06/11/13 03:00 PM

Gerry, you'd be surprised at how fun it is once you push off and "fly". I was more scared I was going to fall off the swinging rope bridges. lol

Re: Mt Hood Alpine Slide ride - 06/11/13 05:06 PM

Gerry. I don't like heights, am terribly afraid but for some reason the Zipline didn't bother me. I was above the canopy of the rainforest, it was gorgeous and of course raining lightly.

Ana, the bridges we were on was suspended over/thru the rainforest. My daughter was petrified! My bad? I was the one swinging it. snicker
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Mt Hood Alpine Slide ride - 06/11/13 06:11 PM

I'd like to zip along, but I don't think I'd like the bridges swinging either....puppy

Re: Mt Hood Alpine Slide ride - 06/12/13 09:35 AM

Ana it's the "push off" where I would freeze! eek Terri just the thought of a suspension bridge where you can look down and feel it moving scares me to death! scared

Re: Mt Hood Alpine Slide ride - 06/12/13 03:49 PM

Here is what our (edited out) They were in sections that went both side to side and forward and backwards. My son also did his best to shake them and throw me off!

Not sure if you can see them if you aren't on FaceBook. Let me know. I made them temporarily public.

EDITED - When I figure out how to share I will repost.

Re: Mt Hood Alpine Slide ride - 06/12/13 04:36 PM

Hi Ana. No I wasn't able to see it.
We were in Monteverde cloud forest where we walked the trail with 7 bridges. It's a beautiful country, absolutely gorgeous!
Ok, later.
Take care, hearts
Terri

Re: Mt Hood Alpine Slide ride - 06/12/13 04:41 PM

Ana, I can't see them :o(

Re: Mt Hood Alpine Slide ride - 06/13/13 09:53 AM

Ana I couldn't see them either.

Re: Mt Hood Alpine Slide ride - 06/13/13 03:25 PM

Okay, this link is supposed to work whether or not you are on FB: Ziplining

Ana wave

Re: Mt Hood Alpine Slide ride - 06/13/13 06:59 PM

That one works. Thanks so much. Looks like a lot of fun! puppy
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Mt Hood Alpine Slide ride - 06/14/13 02:34 AM

Nice pics Ana. You do look like a youngster!

Re: Mt Hood Alpine Slide ride - 06/14/13 02:37 AM

Glad the link worked this time. yay

Oldbroad thanks

Re: Mt Hood Alpine Slide ride - 06/15/13 09:15 AM

Ana it worked! yes It looked like you were walking the "plank", not a bridge! eek Very scary for me. scared Just looking at the pictures makes me feel weak! You are a very adventurous lady! thumbsup

Re: Mt Hood Alpine Slide ride - 06/15/13 03:03 PM

Gerry, did you see the one that is in pieces so that it swings forward and back as well as side by side? I'm short so it was quite a challenge to get my little legs to the next one when they swing. lol I'm not the one walking the bridge, I am the one in the blank tank top and my son is the one in the gray muscle shirt.
They had a group of people celebrating their 75th birthday the day before so I figured if they could do it, so could I. rotfl

Re: Mt Hood Alpine Slide ride - 07/02/13 08:34 PM

Update. I did ride the Alpine slide. Not much to write about. I thought you would put your weight in the direction of the turn (like on a motorcycle) but was told not to or the sled could jump track. eek So, at every turn there was a slow sign, I slowed. I think I slowed too much plus the slide was made of alternate concrete and fiberglass in sections so it was not a smooth ride. However, the two seated ride up to the top of the alpine ride was fun. Anyway, beautiful country, cool weather. I had a good time but 17 days was too long. Also ended up on a red eye coming home, they changed our flight, I was miserable. Now if I can just get used to CST again. Those two hours made a big difference for me.
Ana, I did get to see the pics. No way would I put myself on that bridge. The one I was on was much larger and more secure! scared

Re: Mt Hood Alpine Slide ride - 07/02/13 08:41 PM

Sounds like a great trip, but there is no place like home. hearts

My track record of calamities in the past (such as face planting after landing parachuting) tells me to avoid the slide. Telling me not to lean into the turns is not acceptable, I would likely do it because it would be an involuntary response.

Glad you had the experience and hope you have lots of happy memories.

Ana wave
Posted By: BobH

Re: Mt Hood Alpine Slide ride - 07/02/13 08:43 PM

Thanks for the update Terri. I guess I won't be recommending the ride to anyone. I'm glad you enjoyed the natural beauty.

Re: Mt Hood Alpine Slide ride - 07/03/13 03:35 AM

Bob. My granddaughters enjoyed it. The youngest one(9) must have ridden it at least 10 to 15 times with her dad at her side. My daughter thought it was going to be a lot of fun, she road one similar in Germany and had a great time but she too was a bit disappointed by this one.
So, I guess children must like it!
Terri
© 2024 GameBoomers Community