GB HOMEPAGE

I need to ripen an avocado--FAST

Posted By: Mary

I need to ripen an avocado--FAST - 08/08/13 03:35 PM

I know I have seen very recently a very fast way to ripen avocados, but can't for the life of me remember how to do it.

I'm using the traditional avocado in a paper bag with a banana (I have no apple), but this new method doesn't take DAYS to ripen the avocado.

Does anyone know of a quicker way?
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: I need to ripen an avocado--FAST - 08/08/13 04:21 PM

That is the only way I have done it and it should only take a day. Place the bag in a warm (sunny works) place and a banana.

Ana wave

Re: I need to ripen an avocado--FAST - 08/08/13 04:39 PM

Ana,
I've got the bag, the banana, the avocado but no sun. I put it in the bag yesterday, but it's only a bit softer than yesterday. I need it for TOMORROW!
YIKES!
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: I need to ripen an avocado--FAST - 08/08/13 04:55 PM

Can you put it on top of the refrigerator? That usually has a warm touch. Do you have it in a grocery bag or smaller lunch bag? The smaller bags works best.

If it doesn't ripen by tomorrow, you can as a last resort use the microwave but it will alter the taste. Wait until the last minute before you do that.

Ana wave

Re: I need to ripen an avocado--FAST - 08/08/13 05:08 PM

Can't put it on top of the refrigerator: there's a cabinet there.

I have the avocado in a small paper lunch bag and it's warm and humid here today.

I guess I'll just have to hope for the best.

Thanks, Ana.
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: I need to ripen an avocado--FAST - 08/09/13 12:36 AM

I always use an apple. Hope the banana works. If you have a gas stove, you can use the unlit oven for warmth.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community