GB HOMEPAGE

Sugar Free syrup

Posted By: Terri824

Sugar Free syrup - 11/09/13 08:52 PM

I have been using SF vanilla Torani syrup (Splenda) in my coffee and would like to find a healthier choice. I thought about trying to make a syrup with Xylitol. Also see ebay has vanilla beans, so before purchasing them I would like to have some idea what I'm doing. Any Boomers out there with a recipe? wave
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Sugar Free syrup - 11/09/13 08:55 PM

Have you tried Agave Sweetener?
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Sugar Free syrup - 11/09/13 09:43 PM

The healthiest sweetener you can use is unprocessed raw Manuka honey. There are also pure forms of sugar you can use which are superior to any artificial means.

L4L, you may want to read this about Agave. I threw mine away long ago.

Ana wave
Posted By: curly

Re: Sugar Free syrup - 11/09/13 09:53 PM

Are you diabetic? If not, try pure honey!!

Re: Sugar Free syrup - 11/09/13 11:01 PM

Hi. I am not diabetic and stay away from sugar because even at my age I am prone to cavities. I have tried Agave, but not in coffee and have Manuka honey but used it for it's antibacterial properties.
I got hooked on SF vanilla iced coffee years ago and don't plan on giving it up. I do not drink hot coffee because it tends to make me nauseous. So, I was looking for an alternative to the Splenda. That's my story.
Thanks,
Terri hearts
Posted By: Lotus777

Re: Sugar Free syrup - 11/10/13 02:55 AM

There is always Stevia. I use it in my coffee. It may take special handling in a syrup so I would read up on it.

Ana, I got rid of my agave a long time ago too.

Re: Sugar Free syrup - 11/10/13 08:22 PM

Thanks Boomers. I was about 100% positive one of you had the perfect recipe, and still may. Meanwhile I guess I will experiment. I know nothing about vanilla beans, but I'll learn. Keep posting please.
Terri grin
© 2024 GameBoomers Community