GB HOMEPAGE

Irrelevant and silly, but....

Posted By: hagatha

Irrelevant and silly, but.... - 11/20/13 01:18 AM

As of today I have been an active member of GameBoomers for 13 years. That's because this is a really great place where everybody is decent to one another (kudos to our mods). I can't say that about any other site I belong to.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Irrelevant and silly, but.... - 11/20/13 01:31 AM

Hear, hear, hagatha! Great stuff. thumbsup

I've been a member since 2000, as well. wave
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Irrelevant and silly, but.... - 11/20/13 01:44 AM

Woot woot Hagatha and Marian. bravo
Posted By: Mad

Re: Irrelevant and silly, but.... - 11/20/13 04:22 AM

"I've been a member since 2000"

Me too !! And loved every visit !! dance dance dance

Re: Irrelevant and silly, but.... - 11/20/13 05:04 AM

Somehow I found this place when it was still pretty new because I'm member #484 (I think). I was having trouble with Baldur's Gate, I think. Seems like a verrrrry long time ago. I was just a chile then, a mere 44 years old.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Irrelevant and silly, but.... - 11/20/13 11:35 AM

Hagatha you beat me by 4 years!
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Irrelevant and silly, but.... - 11/20/13 02:52 PM

Thirteen years is a long time - good for you! Nice to have something here that long that we can rely on.
Posted By: Rowan

Re: Irrelevant and silly, but.... - 11/20/13 03:31 PM

It's been since 2001 for me, just a few months after hagatha. Looking at the number of posts, I can't believe I talked so much - fairly quiet in real life.
Posted By: Bristol

Re: Irrelevant and silly, but.... - 11/20/13 03:51 PM

October 2000 for me and it seems just like yesterday.

Re: Irrelevant and silly, but.... - 11/20/13 05:55 PM

And there are so many games under my belt now. It's mind-boggling, really.

Rowan, I'm also pretty quiet in real life. People see me as this dignified, sort of aloof, regal, well-dressed woman in late middle age, whereas in reality I'm only 12 years old and just wanna have fun.
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: Irrelevant and silly, but.... - 11/20/13 06:22 PM

Wow, I just checked my start date and in 9 days it will have been 9 years. Can't believe it's been that long!
Posted By: kazzmo

Re: Irrelevant and silly, but.... - 11/20/13 07:49 PM

I joined in 2004, one of the smartest things I have done in my life. This is really a great place to call home. Good people ready to help you at a moments notice with any problem you have. They ask nothing in return but respect and consideration for your fellow family members, which should be provided anyway without being asked. GB has made my gaming and overall computer experience more enjoyable with their willingness to assist with any problem, no matter how large or small. I am grateful for this gaming site and appreciate being a member. happydance
Posted By: traveler

Re: Irrelevant and silly, but.... - 11/20/13 09:42 PM

And Gameboomers even puts up with a cranky soul like me, kazzmo.
It is a great place to be.

Gil.
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Irrelevant and silly, but.... - 11/20/13 10:09 PM

i'm like a rookie here. I joined in 2001 because without any doubt I can say this is the friendliest site on the entire web by a mile.

praise to eveyone who makes this site the home that it is for so many of us. hearts
Posted By: Rowan

Re: Irrelevant and silly, but.... - 11/21/13 07:31 PM

Hagatha, according to your description we could be twins or clones.

Re: Irrelevant and silly, but.... - 11/23/13 04:50 AM

Rowan, I've always suspected that we'e twins. We play the same games the same way, pretty much. Plus, I am originally from Toronto (or more exactly, from Don Mills).
Posted By: Mary

Re: Irrelevant and silly, but.... - 11/25/13 05:50 AM

I've been hanging around since November, 1999. I came to find help when I was stuck in a game, and I've never left. Sometimes I don't have time to post, but I do try to catch up on all the new postings on the threads.
What a great bunch of people are here!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community